Creighton advances! (Merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Creighton advances! (Merged)

Reaction Score
Such an exciting game to watch. Creighton was so poised and well coached. Even though close score, they controlled the game. Maintained composure even when shots weren’t dropping. Missed bunnies. 1-10 to close out first half. Great D on Clark. Other observations: didn’t know what a whiner Clark was. Czinano can really position herself and make a layup. Happy but amazed she missed the last bunny. Iowa was outcoached, but their coach classy in defeat. As was creighton’’s in victory. Clark tried to do too much. Should have realized the double teams. Did not make her team around her better.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
She still could of called a timeout and got the ball at half court.
The clock have started on the miss and not stopped until ball secured and timeout granted. But having a 2 point lead was huge if Iowa made the shot still going to OT

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
OMG. Unbelievable. Especially that hero Lauren Jensen was an Iowa transfer :eek: :eek: :eek:

And Czinano with a critical miss. Pretty Sad. Like Aaliyah Boston last year.
Yeah very similar to Boston's miss last year. Brutal way to go out for her, especially after she had a great game. Glad she'll be back for a 5th year.

Reaction Score
She still could of called a timeout and got the ball at half court.
You sure of that? I thought the rule was different when calling timeout after a made basket vs. when let’s say called in the backcourt? If so, I stand corrected.

Reaction Score
Such an exciting game to watch. Creighton was so poised and well coached. Even though close score, they controlled the game. Maintained composure even when shots weren’t dropping. Missed bunnies. 1-10 to close out first half. Great D on Clark. Other observations: didn’t know what a whiner Clark was. Czinano can really position herself and make a layup. Happy but amazed she missed the last bunny. Iowa was outcoached, but their coach classy in defeat. As was creighton’’s in victory. Clark tried to do too much. Should have realized the double teams. Did not make her team around her better.
Unlike Diana in 2003 when she led several UConn freshman to the National Championship.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It cannot be overstated the kind of guts and chutzpah it took for Creighton to walk into Iowa's house, stare the crowd in the face, and break their hearts.

I'll be honest, when Iowa took the lead in the 4th quarter I thought Creighton was sunk. They'd lost all momentum and were missing even highly makeable shots. But they recovered for one final push in the last 90 minutes and took the win on a 6-0 run.

Reaction Score
Anyone think having to play against Paige twice a year for two years didn't help these young women? The best advertisement for the Big East in a long time.
Paige missed both games against them this season!

Reaction Score
It cannot be overstated the kind of guts and chutzpah it took for Creighton to walk into Iowa's house, stare the crowd in the face, and break their hearts.

I'll be honest, when Iowa took the lead in the 4th quarter I thought Creighton was sunk. They'd lost all momentum and were missing even their highly makeable shots. But they recovered for one final push in the last 90 minutes and went on a 6-0 run.

Credit the coach for the use of his timeouts and checking the focus of his team. Settled that beast of a crowd...just enough.

Reaction Score
How so? I thought the seeds were accurate.
You’re kidding, right? Big East under rated. 2 teams that almost didn’t make the dance advance. One already in sweet 16. Big ten over rated. Iowa defense weak and to reliant on 2 players. no way B1G deserved 4 teams in the top 16. Pretty obvious stuff.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Iowa is a two person team. The won the Big10 tourney. But a two person team is not going to get you too far as witnessed today.

You need the threat of at least 3 scorers to survive. Preferable 5 scorers.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No the ball is advanced only after the opposing team has scored and only in the last minute of the game.
I believe you are wrong - as long as you do not make any play after you rebound a miss before you call time out you can advance the ball. You can't rebound and dribble/pass prior to the TO though.

Even without that, making the FT so the other team needs to make a two just to tie is the right move.

Reaction Score
Had to go right out and rake the lawn after the game - was so pumped up after the great Creighton win. Defense and rebounding was huge for the Jays. Time for the SEC fans to rethink the Big East competition. S. Carolina 15 points with 4:00 to go in first half. Hope Miami gives them a nice Hurricane.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe you are wrong - as long as you do not make any play after you rebound a miss before you call time out you can advance the ball. You can't rebound and dribble/pass prior to the TO though.

Even without that, making the FT so the other team needs to make a two just to tie is the right move.
You are correct, I found the rule and as long it is in the last 59.9 seconds of the game and you don't make any play after the rebound the ball is advanced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom