Creighton advances! (Merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Creighton advances! (Merged)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Wow! Wow! Wow!

Creighton did it in front of 15,000 screaming Iowa fans.

But here's the big story to me. Iowa is a two man team, with Clark taking the majority of the shots. Last year, Lauren Jensen felt she wasn't getting enough playing time or her share of shots. So she transferred to Creighton. So, she shoots the winning three point shot, and is the star of the game for Creighton, beating her former team. You couldn't write a better story.

Credit to Iowa, they were gracious in the loss, and kept it classy. Their coach and players are a credit to Women's basketball.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Do I correctly recall that a couple of weeks ago, this Creighton team lost in the Big East quarterfinals to Seton Hall, who then lost to Villanova in the Big East semis? I think that is correct, but (as usual) I'm too lazy to look it up.

There must have been some intense practices in Omaha in the last couple of weeks.

After the Big East tournament showing, I was surprised that Creighton made the NCAA tournament field. I'm not sure that they really should have, but now they are in the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
A former Iowa player nails game winning shot. I really enjoy watching Iowa play but was also rooting for Creighton even though they busted my bracket. Iowa has won the attendance record for the tourney so far. Lots of disappointment from those in attendance

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone think having to play against Paige twice a year for two years didn't help these young women? The best advertisement for the Big East in a long time.
It's been pointed out that Creighton has only faced Paige twice, and not at all this year. I stand corrected.

Reaction Score
As to Iowa and Clark - you live by the sword, you die by it at times. How many times has Geno talked about shots going in or not and having to have 2nd options. Iowa didn’t have enough of those 2nd options, except for Czinano. I’d have made the kid from Crieghton miss that 2nd foul shot at the end to force Iowa to go the length of the court, especially in that they had fouls to give. Go Big East and a big congrats to Creighton.

She still could of called a timeout and got the ball at half court.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what is the largest seeding differential where the underdog won the game?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They played a terrific game. I’m happy they won. They exposed one of the weakest 2 seeds I can ever remember.
It appears BOTH teams were seeded inappropriately. Congratulations to Jim Flanagan and his players. They didn't shrink or choke in crunch time. A tip o’ the turban to Creighton.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
What did we learn from today?
Closely guard the big scorers...

Tony and olde Dude may be right
If you can spread out your scoring i makes you
more difficult.
we learned that us shredding those now proven, very good teams, was, in fact, a very big deal. indeed. hey experts! kiss our grits! cuz, you know, we're gonna pound youse, too.

Reaction Score
It appears BOTH teams were seeded inappropriately. Congratulations to Jim Flanagan and his players. They didn't shrink or choke in crunch time. A tip o’ the turban to Creighton.
How so? I thought the seeds were accurate.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Anyone think having to play against Paige twice a year for two years didn't help these young women? The best advertisement for the Big East in a long time.
Will edit having to play against UConn at least twice a year

Reaction Score
Kudos to both coaches. In the first half, Creighton took advantage of Iowa backing off and was on fire early with 3's. Also did a great job doubling Clark and Czinano. 2nd half, Iowa pushed Creighton's offense out 5-10 feet, taking away their 3's, particularly early in the half.
Iowa's coach must have been frustrated since their only offense was from Clark and Czinano and Czinano missed many, many lightly guarded layups. With little height and no bulk, gutty game by Creighton at both ends of the court.

Reaction Score
Some random thoughts:
Geno said the BE was better than they were getting credit for. He was right again.
Clark has one bad habit. She initiates contact when driving to the basket. When she doesn't get the fouls called, she tends to not make the basket.
Czinano tends to be less effective as the game goes on, probably a shape issue.
ESPN with their " Times of Silence" with their announcers, is more enjoyable than their yapping.

Reaction Score
I was unable to find the post conference...if anyone see it could you please post it..thanks

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom