Cox commits to Baylor | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Cox commits to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think "right now" it would be another Texas post in Jade Williams.

Williams, Walker and AEH would be a great group for 2017 with another Williams as a possibility, LaDazhia!

Reaction Score
I think "right now" it would be another Texas post in Jade Williams.

Williams, Walker and AEH would be a great group for 2017 with another Williams as a possibility, LaDazhia!

Jade Williams isn't leaving Texas either. I warned everyone about Cox and Megan Walker to Notre Dame is not even a secret anymore. Can't speak on the others listed

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If Baylor doesn't win a championship that is fine. We are still lucky to have such a wonderful role model and nice young woman in a Baylor uniform and will enjoy watching her display her skills on the basketball court just as much.
come on, brag my brother BRAAAAAG! Pull on your jersey like DT, pound your chest like BG its all good

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
BTW Griner's comments at the end of her Baylor career seems to have NO effect on recruiting in Waco

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think this pic that was posted on Baylorfans.com gets to the core of why Cox chose Baylor. If her family lived in Boston she would most likely be headed to UCONN next season. She has three younger sisters that I think she wants to be there for, much like EDD wanted to be there for her sister. Sometimes family trumps everything else in life.

Attachments

• Cox and Sister.jpg
    Cox and Sister.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 71

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Looks like that's where she wanted to go right from the beginning. Close to home and family. My sources had indicated it was going to be tough to get her out of Texas.

Wbbfan, you called it! Several other posters read the tea leaves the same way. Like other UConn fans, I was hopeful, but my heart really wasn't in it.
When one door closes, another one opens. In the next two years, UConn WILL get a another big. In the mean time, thank goodness for Natalie Butler.
Sometimes when things are going your way, blessings just "drop in your lap"........know what I mean?

All the best to Cox and her family during her time at Baylor. Mulkey and staff are putting together quite a squad for the next few years.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
where the heck is @CocoHusky probaly fell asleep trying to stay up for the announcement... guess he gotta settle for Boykins

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
"I took all my visits and enjoyed each of them. The coaching staffs with each program were phenomenal," Cox said. "I got a chance during my visit [to Baylor] to spend time with my future teammates. ... I have visited the campus many times and just had a feeling that this was my home for my basketball future."

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...ect-lauren-cox-gives-verbal-commitment-baylor
The key part of what she said,is that "this is my home",which ,means she will feel most comfortable and confident at Baylor.This is how every recruit should feel,when picking a school to go to.Too many pick a school on what others like or think is best.Well done Lauren,for choosing what you want,and much congratulations ETT,on Baylor landing a very good talent and very nice young lady.

Reaction Score
Apparently there is one thing even Geno and UConn WBB cannot overcome and that is the strong pull that geography and family understandably have on some kids. And while Mulkey is a good coach who will now likely be emboldened to dare play a few of the top teams in what is currently a joke of a non-conference schedule, I'm still much happier knowing Cox isn't going to play for that far better coach in South Bend.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Word is Morris and Richards are both going there. A lot of people assumed Richards would go back to Texas but I'm hearing Baylor has come on real strong.

Chou is also leaning towards Baylor, so it would be interesting to watch two 6'2 guards out there with those post players.

Any word on Micaela Wilson out of Louisiana?

Reaction Score
South Carolina will be the main team to be concerned with in 2016/2017. I don't think Cox will be able to handle their frontline or UCONN's frontline her freshman season. SC's frontline will be huge and Louisville will be loaded. Baylor's weakness will be at the coaching level, imo. How do you win just one NC with Griner and Sims?

It happens. Just as UConn only won one with Lobo, Rizzotti, and Wolters.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Baylor had Griner and won 1 NC. Baylor was undefeated one season and still only won one NC. During that same period UConn won 2. Hey I still like our chances to continue are NC runs. One player doesn't make a team and although Cox would have put UConn at another level we still have a couple of years to pick up another big. Butler is the real deal and we have her 3 more years, along with former number 1 picks Tuck and Katie Lou. UConn continues to reload, every other team is rebuilding . Im sure Cox will face Butler and UConn a couple of times. Remember BB is a team game. One go to player helps your chances for a NC but when you face UConn with a bunch of go to players well there isn't any team like UConn. Baylor will be good...but UConn good they still have a long way to go.

Depending upon our player development, Woman's BB should at least be mildly competitive in the next few seasons (not this one).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Congrats to Baylor. They are gonna have a real nice team the next couple of years. Won't matter too much this year, but after that..... it's anybodies game.

Onward to 2017 and 2018 for UCONN.

It's hard to pull back to back great recruiting classes. Usually, the year after a great class is kind of a down one (numbers and/or talent). i.e. A. Valley after DT's class, Chong after Stewart's class. So to get some top ranked talent and numbers after Samuelson's class is really a pretty good deal for UCONN.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I love Davis and think she is a spectacular college talent but I am not sure she is WNBA material at this point. She better start working on her outside shot or she will not last past training camp. Her athleticism and hustle won't beat out bigger players at the pro level.

wrong

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
where the heck is @CocoHusky probaly fell asleep trying to stay up for the announcement... guess he gotta settle for Boykins
I'm here saw the announcement-Cox to Baylor. My reaction is Congrats to Lauren. I'll still be a fan except for when they play UCONN. Better Her going to Baylor than ND because ND has wings and PGs + Turner and can be really really good. Love how the "I knew she was never leaving Texas" crowd is coming out of the wood work now.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm blessed

I think we all caught that. A certain Florida QB flashed through my mind. I suspect there will be no kneeling on the court with Mulkey. Of course, while kneeling at the scorer's table before going in .... Always liked the moment in Hoosiers between Gene Hackman and his player where Gene is encouraging him to shorten up the prayer and get on the court!

Reaction Score
For those who feel we still need another big, maybe Abrosimova could whisper a few encouraging recruiting words to 17 year old Russian Maria Vadeeva. That kid's dynamite with a huge upside, the winters in Storrs will remind her of Moscow, and Sveta could teach her English ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. Rocky- The preacher's son from Hoosiers was named Strap...and Norman Dale could only get him to stop praying and start playing by saying, "Strap, God wants you on the floor." But he was not at the scorers table, Rocky, he was at the bench.

A favorite line, which would definitely qualify as a Geno-ism from the film; when confronted by whiny players who thought he was pushing them too hard:

"My practices aren't designed for your enjoyment."

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think we all caught that. A certain Florida QB flashed through my mind. I suspect there will be no kneeling on the court with Mulkey. Of course, while kneeling at the scorer's table before going in .... Always liked the moment in Hoosiers between Gene Hackman and his player where Gene is encouraging him to shorten up the prayer and get on the court!
Funny I was reminded of a UCONN signee using the exact same words!

Crystal Dangerfield
@_CrystalD32

God is so GREAT !!!! Blessed to have been selected to the U19 USA Basketball team instagram.com/p/2ympRuPZ0i/
Crystal Dangerfield
@_CrystalD32

Blessed to be able to say that I committed to UConn this weekend #BleedBlue ❗️❄️ instagram.com/p/uWYP9IvZzA/

Must be a Southern thing no cause for alarm!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cox will wind up regretting her decision to go to an inferior academic institution and basketball program.
However, on the positive flip side for her, she can enjoy a bagful of munchos on her couch as she watches UCONN play and win national titles annually.
When she's an old woman, she'll tell her grandkids, I could have and should have gone to play for and with the best at UCONN. However, Baylor was close to home, so that trumps all else.
(Side note to Cox), they have these things called the internet, cable TV, and planes, your family can watch basketball games played some distance away or can easily and quickly get to CT to watch them in person. You might want to look into these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom