OT: - Cowboys and NFC East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Cowboys and NFC East

Reaction Score
Chase Young says he's going back to Ohio State. I think the Redskins get an OT. Giants need D. Cincinnati will want to lose out for Burrow. Miami may go QB. Lions are interesting.

He's not going back don't believe it for 1 second. He's going to be the #1 or #2 pick. You don't give up a 8 figure guaranteed money deal to risk a major injury. It's all talk by him

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And next Sunday's Giants-Redskins matchup will also be one of the most interesting 3-11 games, as it will essentially decide where Chase Young goes.

Of course I expect the Giants to screw up everything by winning their last two games. Couldn't believe one the of announcers yesterday was advocating for starting Eli next week to give him a shot to go out with a winning record. Enough already. Let's get back to losing.
You unfortunately may get your wish. The 'Skins have been playing better lately and actually looked like a genuinely competent NFL franchise for 3 1/2 quarter yesterday.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He's not going back don't believe it for 1 second. He's going to be the #1 or #2 pick. You don't give up a 8 figure guaranteed money deal to risk a major injury. It's all talk by him
Andrew Luck did.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Is Burrow really 23 1/2 yo?
If so, will Cinci push for him or a younger guy they can get more prime years out of?
Giants need all kinds of D help and could use OL AGAIN

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Well, they did exactly what I said they needed to do against the Rams and dominated them. Zeke and Pollard absolutely destroyed them. Prescott was 15 for 23 and in check.

Trust me, I would be thrilled if they could dominate in the trenches like they did yesterday. It's not like that most games.

Reaction Score
Is Burrow really 23 1/2 yo?
If so, will Cinci push for him or a younger guy they can get more prime years out of?
Giants need all kinds of D help and could use OL AGAIN

NFL rookie contracts are 4 years, with a 5th year option. I think Cincy can handle having a franchise QB from age 24-29. It's either that or another year of Andy Dalton.

Reaction Score
They have the talent, the payroll, the facilities, the opportunity within their division. They should be running away with the NFC East.

Simply put. It's preparation and execution and that falls on the coach.
I blame the owner.

Husky25

Reaction Score
A poor owner can destroy the franchise. The NFC East has two and a case can be made for three.

Reaction Score
10 day forecast for next Sunday: clear, temp around 40, light winds. That being said it will probably be snowing. I've been a Cowboys fan since the famous "Ice Bowl" vs the Packers. They don't play well up north outside. But.... everyone else in the NFC East sucks this year and Garrett knows it's Super Bowl or the highway for him this season. The players respect him and I believe they will put it all out on the line for him. Will stupid penalties kill them like so many other times this season? Maybe. Both teams will struggle to score but the Cowboys will prevail.

Go Cowboys!!

Reaction Score
Here’s the thing about the Cowboys; they’ll likely lose on Sunday. But if they can squeak out a win then they’ll likely lose in the first round. But, this team has lots of talent and has a chance of destroying a good teams well-deserved year. Then they’ll likely lose right after that.... as Deepster says, it’s about prep and execution and they don’t have it half the time.

Reaction Score
Here’s the thing about the Cowboys; they’ll likely lose on Sunday. But if they can squeak out a win then they’ll likely lose in the first round. But, this team has lots of talent and has a chance of destroying a good teams well-deserved year. Then they’ll likely lose right after that.... as Deepster says, it’s about prep and execution and they don’t have it half the time.

The eagles have looked worse than the cowboys the past 3 weeks. They have/ should have lost to 3 of the worst teams in football in back to back to back weeks knowing they needed to win or their season was over.

Meanwhile the cowboys played pathetic vs quality teams then blew the doors off the Rams who looked to have turned the corner after a pedestrian first half to the year.

I think the cowboys stick it to the eagles and win by double digits. They will then probably lose 1st round to 49ers/ Seahawks or packers/ Vikings

Reaction Score
Chase Young says he's going back to Ohio State. I think the Redskins get an OT. Giants need D. Cincinnati will want to lose out for Burrow. Miami may go QB. Lions are interesting.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Amazing to me Garrett is still in that position it's one of the main reasons. Plus they play crappy in real weather conditions, they are pu**ies when they leave the dome setting for whatever reason. Dak looks like the 30M guy at home but can't pay him that if he can't bring home that shiny trophy eventually. For now trying to get through some weather in the playoffs I'd have no confidence.

he is going to get paid.
Christ tannehill is going to get paid.

Reaction Score
he is going to get paid.
Christ tannehill is going to get paid.

For what? I mean he's done nothing to impact the Cowboys other than a few games against crappy teams. Give him 20 I guess but 30, wow not worth it at all.

Reaction Score
For what? I mean he's done nothing to impact the Cowboys other than a few games against crappy teams. Give him 20 I guess but 30, wow not worth it at all.
Agreed. And 30 is the floor I think, I'm expecting closer to 40

Husky25

Reaction Score
Agreed. And 30 is the floor I think, I'm expecting closer to 40
Please, Please, Please let this happen. Hamstring the franchise for 10 years or more.

Franchises with the highest paid paid player at any position are generally losing organizations.

The exceptions have salary cap geniuses in their employ and/or Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time married to Brazilian supermodels who don't rely on their athlete husbands to maintain their lifestyle.

Reaction Score
Dak is not going to be the highest paid player at QB. Period. Not going to happen.

And all the haters out there are going to be sad now. McCarthy is a quality coach that is assembling a hell of a staff. Virtually everything about Garrett that was bad is the opposite with McCarthy.

Reaction Score
Dak is not going to be the highest paid player at QB. Period. Not going to happen.

And all the haters out there are going to be sad now. McCarthy is a quality coach that is assembling a hell of a staff. Virtually everything about Garrett that was bad is the opposite with McCarthy.

McCarthy is a better coach no doubt but is he better with QBs? Garrett, while a horrible HC, helped make Dak better than expected from what I saw he did a nice job with him. McCarthy had Favre and Rogers was allowed to mature with time.

They'll be coached better but not sure where Dak will be any better other than probably being able to play with a better plan of attack all the time. I mean that alone should make the 'Boys a contender though I agree.

Reaction Score
McCarthy is a better coach no doubt but is he better with QBs? Garrett, while a horrible HC, helped make Dak better than expected from what I saw he did a nice job with him. McCarthy had Favre and Rogers was allowed to mature with time.

They'll be coached better but not sure where Dak will be any better other than probably being able to play with a better plan of attack all the time. I mean that alone should make the 'Boys a contender though I agree.
The bottom line is that Garrett lacked much moxie as a head coach. There were coaching gaffes seemingly every week, they were ultra conservative, and he couldn't get squat out of them when it counted. Hard to argue with McCarthy's track record. He has more wins in Packers history than anyone but Lambeau himself, I think. They're looking to keep Kellen Moore as OC and hopefully Kitna who did help Dak this year. Frankly, they'll be better by being more aggressive, holding people accountable on defense and improving from dead flippin' last in the league on special teams. Fassel should help in that area

Husky25

Reaction Score
Lets resurrect this thread for no other reason than not wanting to create a new one. Plus it fits...

I'm talking myself into not picking up Chase Young's 5th year option being a good business decision for Washington (Here's hoping ownership addresses the moniker when the sale closes). It will be interesting ihow it plays out. There is certainly a chance that Washington finds themselves in a similar situation as the Giants with Daniel Jones.

Granted, No one would pay him close to $17 Million if he continues to perform like he had over the last couple of years, including when he was presumably healthy at the end of last season. So Washington could potentially retain him on the cheap.

OTOH, Washington will be in a Daniel Jones situation if he pulls off merely a decent season, let alone what had been his draft day potential. His franchise number is expected to be about $7 million more than the 5th year option, and I'm sure that is a huge factor in the decision.

The torn ACL seems to be in his head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom