COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 36 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Schools in CT are going to be remote next week unless they pull the national guard to drive busses. Close to half of our bus drivers are unvaxxed and can't legally work on Monday.

Reaction Score
This won't get the anti-vaxxers riled up or anything.

It is awesome though.
Might as well just use the Chemtrail system at that point. Or a bit of both?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Based on data/news that has come out over the last 6 weeks or so, has anyone on the board here gone out and got a booster shot off label (ie - gotten it even though not technically supposed to)?

especially asking those who for their first shots back in Jan/Feb/Mar.

I posted back in August that I got a Pfizer booster, and since then 5-6 coworkers of mine did they same (I work at a factory) and my wife and a bunch of her coworkers who work at a nursing home have some the same.

curious what other people out there are doing…..

Reaction Score
Based on data/news that has come out over the last 6 weeks or so, has anyone on the board here gone out and got a booster shot off label (ie - gotten it even though not technically supposed to)?

I posted back in August that I got a Pfizer booster, and since then 5-6 coworkers of mine did they same (I work at a factory) and my wife and a bunch of her coworkers who work at a nursing home have some the same.

I have not gotten a third Pfizer even though I was one of the earlier shot-getters. That being said, keep in mind that you didn't get a "booster." You got a third shot. Currently, a third shot is recommended for severely immunocompromised people. There are discussions to get all people (or other subsets) a booster. For Pfizer, the booster will most likely be a reduced (or otherwise different) dosage. For Moderna, it sounds like the booster would just be a third shot. I think J&J would be a second shot.

I'm sure you're fine health-wise, and I don't believe any pharmacies are asking for any evidence of your need. The dose you took would've probably gotten thrown out if you didn't take it. Just trying to inform that the booster could be different than what you got.

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
I have not gotten a third Pfizer even though I was one of the earlier shot-getters. That being said, keep in mind that you didn't get a "booster." You got a third shot. Currently, a third shot is recommended for severely immunocompromised people. There are discussions to get all people (or other subsets) a booster. For Pfizer, the booster will most likely be a reduced (or otherwise different) dosage. For Moderna, it sounds like the booster would just be a third shot. I think J&J would be a second shot.

I'm sure you're fine health-wise, and I don't believe any pharmacies are asking for any evidence of your need. The dose you took would've probably gotten thrown out if you didn't take it. Just trying to inform that the booster could be different than what you got.
Yes, booster as in booster to immune system, not a specially designed shot. That’s the only thing you can get right now on any of them.

Reaction Score

First shot end of March, second in April. Once I'm eligible, I'll be getting another shot.

I don't work in a high-risk environment, and don't feel the need to "game" the system to get a third shot. (not passing judgement on your decision, if we have vaccines going to waste, and people want a third shot for protection, let's not waste them.)

Reaction Score
Due to my MS meds suppressing my immune system, I was eligible to get the booster (Pfizer). Now, if only I were able to get a "booster" for other MS related inadequacies, I'd be top notch hop scotch

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
First shot end of March, second in April. Once I'm eligible, I'll be getting another shot.

I don't work in a high-risk environment, and don't feel the need to "game" the system to get a third shot. (not passing judgement on your decision, if we have vaccines going to waste, and people want a third shot for protection, let's not waste them.)
No offense taken. I have two kids under 10 at home, so not really concerned about myself as just doing whatever I can to protect them until they can get jabbed. I know kids are lower risk but I want to do whatever I can for their sake….

Reaction Score
Our school announced its first positive case, a preschooler.

Our protocol this year: teachers/students in that class will stay home 10 days after first contact (pending a negative test) and secondary contacts can come in (siblings of students from that class).

The dance has begun. All you school workers and parents of school kids, stay safe!

Reaction Score
Due to my MS meds suppressing my immune system, I was eligible to get the booster (Pfizer). Now, if only I were able to get a "booster" for other MS related inadequacies, I'd be top notch hop scotch
Have you done any research on the Wahls protocol for MS? I saw a video about her progress. (She’s a Dr that has MS and modified her diet with amazing results.)

Reaction Score
After 581 days, I coached my first interscholastic game, which happened to be the first soccer game I've ever coached. Felt like a totally normal game except for wearing masks on the bus (thankfully all of our games are within a 30 minute radius) and that awkward "I guess we'll wave 'good game'" instead of a post-game handshake.

I'm foreseeing winter season being a pain in the butt though. One of our gym teachers, who is also the volleyball coach, will not get the vaccine and various schools we play have a "only vaccinated people are allowed inside the gym" policy. That means me and the other gym teacher have to make up for his choice of not getting vaccinated by covering his games.

This also means that he might not be able to coach basketball in the winter, so I will likely take part of the brunt for that. The good news is that I can track all of the hours for payment, and going to the games is fun, but still, it's a pain in the arse and I'll have a lot more late days this school year.

Reaction Score
I coach football in MA. Pretty much back to normal except for masks on the bus as the above poster said.

Reaction Score
Can someone please help me to understand by explaining why Serbia, at one point, had (one of) the highest vaccination rates in Europe and one of the highest in the world

2nd fasted in Europe:

But now this is happening:

"In Europe, Serbia reports highest new COVID-19 cases per million people"

"Globally, the county placed 4th in terms of new virus cases per million inhabitants over last week, according to Worldometer"

I would like to understand as news like this is worrying to me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can someone please explain why Serbia, at one point, had (one of) the highest vaccination rates in Europe and one of the highest in the world

2nd fasted in Europe:

"Globally, the county placed 4th in terms of new virus cases per million inhabitants over last week, according to Worldometer"

I would like to understand.

Thanks
Your articles show that in the beginning (both articles are from January and February) they were logistically able to roll out the vaccine fast, but had relatively few doses total. Right now Serbia's vaccination rate is just under 42%. That's significantly less than the U.S. That is a pretty low vaccination rate, leaving plenty of room for loads of people to become infected. When those articles were written only the very first people in the U.S. were getting vaccinated (just starting with health care workers).

Reaction Score
Your articles show that in the beginning (both articles are from January and February) they were logistically able to roll out the vaccine fast, but had relatively few doses total. Right now Serbia's vaccination rate is just under 42%. That's significantly less than the U.S. That is a pretty low vaccination rate, leaving plenty of room for loads of people to become infected. When those articles were written only the very first people in the U.S. were getting vaccinated (just starting with health care workers).
Hi, thank you. Ya, the govt' website CLAIMS just over 50%

BUT govt stats should be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

So, better to stick with the 42%. Would that not be seen TOO low though, in a country of just 7 million? They have given nearly 6.5 million doses, but I guess that means a lot of foreign people have gotten them. Perhaps they could have focused more on citizens, I don't know.

"
Answering the questions of journalists at the Aviation Academy in Belgrade, Brnabic specified that 50.1 percent of the population, i.e. 2,705,458 adult citizens had been vaccinated, but that it is still far from herd immunity.

"
-What would be considered enough for herd immunity?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Hi, thank you. Ya, the govt' website CLAIMS just over 50%

BUT govt stats should be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

So, better to stick with the 42%. Would that not be seen TOO low though, in a country of just 7 million? They have given nearly 6.5 million doses, but I guess that means a lot of foreign people have gotten them. Perhaps they could have focused more on citizens, I don't know.

"
Answering the questions of journalists at the Aviation Academy in Belgrade, Brnabic specified that 50.1 percent of the population, i.e. 2,705,458 adult citizens had been vaccinated, but that it is still far from herd immunity.

"
-What would be considered enough for herd immunity?
Epidemiologists think we'll need above 70 or 80% vaccination to have herd immunity but the delta variant is so infectious it probably needs to be closer to 90%

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Can someone please help me to understand by explaining why Serbia, at one point, had (one of) the highest vaccination rates in Europe and one of the highest in the world

2nd fasted in Europe:

I would like to understand as news like this is worrying to me.

Thanks

There's also the time factor here. Boosters are the next frontier here, especially with the delta var. First to get the vaccine is also first to have it decline.

It's a double-whammy - you have a much MUCH more infectious variant, combined with waning vaccine efficacy.

Reaction Score
There's also the time factor here. Boosters are the next frontier here, especially with the delta var. First to get the vaccine is also first to have it decline.

It's a double-whammy - you have a much MUCH more infectious variant, combined with waning vaccine efficacy.

Yep. Article also says that among others, they used Chinese vaccines which I believe had less efficacy than Pfizer and Moderna to start with, and may also lose efficacy over time. Several counties that came out of the gate quick with Chinese vaccine have been battling subsequent epidemics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Epidemiologists think we'll need above 70 or 80% vaccination to have herd immunity but the delta variant is so infectious it probably needs to be closer to 90%
Delta is so contagious that it seems to run a 2-3 month cycle and then drops down dramatically to pre delta levels...so maybe herd immunity is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom