COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 10 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We use GMT for all our servers so there is no issue with worldwide timing
I also just found out that the person was only giving me info they heard outside the company in trying to schedule his own shot, so my info was totally hearsay and useless!

Reaction Score
My second moderna dose was on Monday midday and it kicked my ass (but I also didn't take any meds). Was fine for 8-10 hours before I got incredibly achy, low grade fever just before bedtime Monday. Only got a couple of hours of sleep Monday night. Tuesday was by and large a lost day (but probably could've been made more tolerable if I had taken advil) with a crushing headache and lots of fatigue. Woke up this (Wednesday) morning with the fever having broken, the last remnants of the headache and was able to work. Arm pain isn't even that bad.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I signed up with the state... nothing. Signed up with a regional hospital system... still nothing.

A friend called me to let me know a drug store had Pfizer shots. I called them and they sure come on by. I downloaded their forms filled them out copied my license and my insurance card, pulled up they looked at the paperwork stabbed my arm through the car window and sent me on my way. Easy peasy.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I signed up with the state... nothing. Signed up with a regional hospital system... still nothing.

A friend called me to let me know a drug store had Pfizer shots. I called them and they sure come on by. I downloaded their forms filled them out copied my license and my insurance card, pulled up they looked at the paperwork stabbed my arm through the car window and sent me on my way. Easy peasy.

I too waited in my car for my shot, then ran out of gas the next day. Side effects aren't the same for everyone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well the state emailed me that I will get my link to schedule an appointment at a mass vax site tomorrow. I assume that will be Gillette stadium. I sure hope it is. That would be Moderna. No idea how far out it will be.

Reaction Score
Got my second does of Moderna last Friday.. Marshmallow brain, chills, soreness, didn't feel so hot on Saturday and Sunday but kept chugging. Felt fine Monday and Tuesday but it all came back yesterday in the afternoon and I'm actually taking today off school and I NEVER take days off from school.

Reaction Score
My wife’s school district in CT got shots on Tuesday this week. They ended up with a remote day today because FORTY SEVEN called in sick still feeling effects of the shot. Will see what happens with school tomorrow. It was Moderna shot

Reaction Score
Got my 2nd shot of Moderna yesterday afternoon. No side effects so far (knocking on wood!). Hoping it stays that way.

Reaction Score
Getting my first today at a Walgreens, appointment didn't say what I'm getting.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Got my appointment for the 17th at Gillette Stadium. Glad it’s Saturday. Wife was given a lousy midweek one in Boston at Hynes. She is going to cancel and try again. We live near the stadium, no idea why they did that. People in Boston were bitching about traveling to Gillette.

Reaction Score
My wife’s school district in CT got shots on Tuesday this week. They ended up with a remote day today because FORTY SEVEN called in sick still feeling effects of the shot. Will see what happens with school tomorrow. It was Moderna shot

Any superintendent with half a brain cell called a remote/sick day after the teachers got shots. That's a no-brainer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Any superintendent with half a brain cell called a remote/sick day after the teachers got shots. That's a no-brainer.

I was thrilled that the appointment they gave me was a Saturday. They really should stagger times for teachers to avoid that issue, they did for healthcare workers here because they knew it would happen.

Reaction Score
I was thrilled that the appointment they gave me was a Saturday. They really should stagger times for teachers to avoid that issue, they did for healthcare workers here because they knew it would happen.

I was lucky to get one 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the staff in my school. My brother works at a Hartford Healthcare branch and just gave me a call when they had an extra appointment open up. They had a whole line of people with no appointments--just walk ups.

I don't think there's a better system to be implemented right now in the midst of it but it's getting to feel a lot like Mad Max out there. Assuming that this won't be the last time we need to vaccinate a large group of people, I hope they're going to be developing better rollout systems for when this happens again.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I was lucky to get one 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the staff in my school. My brother works at a Hartford Healthcare branch and just gave me a call when they had an extra appointment open up. They had a whole line of people with no appointments--just walk ups.

I don't think there's a better system to be implemented right now in the midst of it but it's getting to feel a lot like Mad Max out there. Assuming that this won't be the last time we need to vaccinate a large group of people, I hope they're going to be developing better rollout systems for when this happens again.
CO has done a pretty good job with this, or at least southwestern CO has. I became age-eligible on 3/19. By 3/17 I could have booked appointments with at least three different providers as early as the morning of the 19th. I ended up getting my first shot of Moderna at my normal Dr's office, and booked the 2nd one for 4/16.

Reaction Score
This was odd though. They got shots on Tuesday. Wednesday was apparently kind of ok but today was full remote. Are superintendents calling for remote days for the two days after shots are administered?

Reaction Score
This was odd though. They got shots on Tuesday. Wednesday was apparently kind of ok but today was full remote. Are superintendents calling for remote days for the two days after shots are administered?

Just 1 most places. That is weird.

Reaction Score
Just got my first pfizer today at the Rent. Super efficient with the national guard there helping to organize it

My arm isn't even sore, but right after I got the shot my legs went ice cold for a few seconds. Freaked me out for a sec lol

Reaction Score
No clue how accurate the linked source may be, but graphically viewing our nation's reported SARS-2 vaccine progress is encouraging. Kudos to all of us vaccinated and soon-to-be vaccinated yarders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom