COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 9 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I logged on this morning at 6:00 AM and there were a few appointments. None close to me or at good times, so I passed. But a lot of J&J is expected to hit MA this week, so I will check again the next couple of days. Seems like early morning is the right time to check.

Reaction Score
I logged on this morning at 6:00 AM and there were a few appointments. None close to me or at good times, so I passed. But a lot of J&J is expected to hit MA this week, so I will check again the next couple of days. Seems like early morning is the right time to check.
Stayed up last night to try to get my wife an appointment. Checked CVS and a couple of other healthcare providers at midnight... apparently the rumor that CVS releases appointments at midnight is not true. Got lucky this morning around 8 with a handful of appointments popping up on the CVS site.

Reaction Score
Stayed up last night to try to get my wife an appointment. Checked CVS and a couple of other healthcare providers at midnight... apparently the rumor that CVS releases appointments at midnight is not true. Got lucky this morning around 8 with a handful of appointments popping up on the CVS site.
Just an fyi, I know someone at CVS (he can get me all the receipt paper I need!). The appointments are released between 12am and 2am. He believes they release a bunch ever 30 minutes. So it's possible nothing hits at midnight (or they get snatched quickly), but then more hit and last overnight.

Reaction Score
Just an fyi, I know someone at CVS (he can get me all the receipt paper I need!). The appointments are released between 12am and 2am. He believes they release a bunch ever 30 minutes. So it's possible nothing hits at midnight (or they get snatched quickly), but then more hit and last overnight.
I stayed up until 12:45 checking consistently.... not one. I had spoken to someone in the actual vaccine clinic a while ago who said it was 5 AM. Never actually stayed up to confirm.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I stayed up until 12:45 checking consistently.... not one. I had spoken to someone in the actual vaccine clinic a while ago who said it was 5 AM. Never actually stayed up to confirm.

I can say they had slots at 6:00 and at least near me they were gone by 7:30. So that seems plausible.

Reaction Score
I can say they had slots at 6:00 and at least near me they were gone by 7:30. So that seems plausible.
That makes sense based on the findings in here. I'd say the midnight to 2am was Pacific Time, but that wouldn't make sense for a Rhode Island company. No surprise that a giant company would do something different in practice than their stated plan! ;o)

Good luck everyone! New Jersey announced they are opening to everyone on 4/16. I've also heard from people that have been involved in finding slots for non-tech-savvy and elderly people that it's become pretty easy to find appointments if you know where to look. Hopefully next month will look a lot better!

Reaction Score
Lots of dates available through trinity health. Got mine yesterday for the 14th

Curiouser
Reaction Score
FYI, Nutmeg Pharmacy in Higganum just called to say they have extra J&J shots that need to be used today (one of our daughters was home from DC for the weekend and we were trying to get her a shot while she was here because DC is way behind CT; unfortunately she had to go back yesterday so she can't take advantage of this opportunity).

If anyone 18 or older is close enough and still looking, give them a call (they are open until 8:00 p.m.):

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Got my first Pfizer yesterday. A little achy, some minor chills today and tired. Nothing crazy, but I’m waiting to get walloped after my 2nd shot on the 28th. Well worth it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Woke up at 4:30 for a bio break. Checked vaccines. Nothing. Nothing at 5:00, 5:40 or 6:00 either.

Reaction Score
I had my second Pfizer shot about 14 hours ago with no effects. My arm was more sore after the first shot.

Sometimes you get lucky. I was at a well organized CVS in Central Florida (Titusville) close to quitting time and they were asking if any family members needed a vaccine, since they had some left and did not want to waste it.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I can't believe how tough some people are having getting the vaccination. That sucks. I am in North Florida and I just pre-registered on their website and the weekend before my age group was made eligible (40+), they called me and scheduled for that Monday at the local site. In and out in 30 minutes (15 being the wait after the shot). Mine was Pfizer shot. No issues other than a sore arm the day after.

Good luck to all still looking.

Reaction Score
Woke up at 4:30 for a bio break. Checked vaccines. Nothing. Nothing at 5:00, 5:40 or 6:00 either.
Did you call that number I gave you? Just play computer illiterate. Sometimes it’s just easier talking to a human.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did you call that number I gave you? Just play computer illiterate. Sometimes it’s just easier talking to a human.
I also think you get better success putting in a solid fifteen minutes to an hour of trying a various method at any given time than to keep trying one method a few times sporadically.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Not yet. As a partly deaf person, the phone lands somewhere behind smoke signals as a communication device for me. But I'll resort to it if needed. I suspect that the newly enlarged group of eligible people on Monday (including me) caused a surge in demand vs capacity. I did pre-register a week ago at the MA Vax site for the large mass vax locations like Gillette.

Reaction Score
Got first Pfizer shot Monday. No side effects outside of a slightly sore shoulder yesterday.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I also think you get better success putting in a solid fifteen minutes to an hour of trying a various method at any given time than to keep trying one method a few times sporadically.

Early morning I tried CVS, Walgreens, Osco/Shaws/Albertsons, Walmart and all the aggregation sites both MA and third party. I'm already pre-signed up for the big mass vax sites, there is no way to seek an appointment, they notify you when one is available. Not sure what else I can try.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Just fyi I was able schedule all 3 of my kids today through the 877 number, there is a mass event at Rentschler on 4/27 that just started taking appointments today.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I got my first Moderna yesterday morning. My arm is slightly sore at the injection site but no other symptoms.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Early morning I tried CVS, Walgreens, Osco/Shaws/Albertsons, Walmart and all the aggregation sites both MA and third party. I'm already pre-signed up for the big mass vax sites, there is no way to seek an appointment, they notify you when one is available. Not sure what else I can try.
I'm only going by what worked in CT. Seems MA must be doing it much differently then.

Reaction Score
Sign up on line at MyCare Trinity Health. There were plenty of appointments available during first week of 16+ eligibility in Hartford area.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sign up on line at MyCare Trinity Health. There were plenty of appointments available during first week of 16+ eligibility in Hartford area.
He's in Massachusetts.

Reaction Score
That makes sense based on the findings in here. I'd say the midnight to 2am was Pacific Time, but that wouldn't make sense for a Rhode Island company. No surprise that a giant company would do something different in practice than their stated plan! ;o)
We use GMT for all our servers so there is no issue with worldwide timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul