COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 7 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First dose a couple of hours ago. Chugging water and went to the driving range after to get some exercise and movement in.

Also hats off to the pharmacy student who administered. I have never had that painless of a shot in my life. Barely felt a thing.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Got the J&J yesterday around 10AM. It kicked my butt. By 3 PM I had the chills like no other, whole body ached, and was completely drained of energy. I had to take a 2 hour nap and I very rarely nap. Still have full body aches and a headache this AM. The symptoms from the vaccine are 1000% worse than the symptoms I had from COVID itself. My immune system chewed up and spit out COVID at the beginning of the year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Is everyone getting it in their not-dominant arm? Has anyone done one in each? I got my first shot in my left and am wondering if there is any conventional wisdom about doing the same both times or mixing it up.
If there was, the vaccination card would have an arm check-box for each shot. At each shot, they asked me which arm I wanted it in. I know I got the 2nd shot in the left arm, but I can't remember which arm the first was in.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
There seems to be little rhyme or reason to the particular hoops one has to jump through to get in to get the shot(s) state to state.

I turned 75 in mid January. I couldn't even schedule a shot before my birthday for a time after my birthday. Had to wait until my birthday to schedule it. Dumb. As a diabetic cancer survivor with heart and vascular diseases I should have been in the first group based on multiple morbidities, but CT pretty much didn't care about that stuff.

My wife, 15 months younger than me, had to wait more than a month longer to get hers.

I can't envision the system not being overwhelmed now with the size of the most recently opened group. There are a whole lot more folks eligible at one time now than there were when they were opening it it up to one, relatively narrow, age defined slice of the population at a time.

My son and his wife live in Vermont, applied this week and got appointments for next week with no problems. He's 55 and she's 59. My daughter and son in law, in CT, have lengthy waits to their separate appointments, and she's going to Naugatuck while he has to go to Stamford.

Granddaughter lives in VT, but works in NH at Dartmouth Medical Ctr, and she got hers at work in January. (she works in medical records does not come into contact with patients, but does with doctors, and works from home 2 weeks out of every three.)

Her brother lives in Michigan, and got his first shot 2 days after applying for an appt., based on working in a field that the State of Michigan lists as essential -- radon mitigation. Evidently, he could have gotten it a couple months ago, but it never even occurred to him that his job qualified him. He says he almost never comes into contact with a customer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There seems to be little rhyme or reason to the particular hoops one has to jump through to get in to get the shot(s) state to state.

I turned 75 in mid January. I couldn't even schedule a shot before my birthday for a time after my birthday. Had to wait until my birthday to schedule it. Dumb. As a diabetic cancer survivor with heart and vascular diseases I should have been in the first group based on multiple morbidities, but CT pretty much didn't care about that stuff.

My wife, 15 months younger than me, had to wait more than a month longer to get hers.

I can't envision the system not being overwhelmed now with the size of the most recently opened group. There are a whole lot more folks eligible at one time now than there were when they were opening it it up to one, relatively narrow, age defined slice of the population at a time.

My son and his wife live in Vermont, applied this week and got appointments for next week with no problems. He's 55 and she's 59. My daughter and son in law, in CT, have lengthy waits to their separate appointments, and she's going to Naugatuck while he has to go to Stamford.

Granddaughter lives in VT, but works in NH at Dartmouth Medical Ctr, and she got hers at work in January. (she works in medical records does not come into contact with patients, but does with doctors, and works from home 2 weeks out of every three.)

Her brother lives in Michigan, and got his first shot 2 days after applying for an appt., based on working in a field that the State of Michigan lists as essential -- radon mitigation. Evidently, he could have gotten it a couple months ago, but it never even occurred to him that his job qualified him. He says he almost never comes into contact with a customer.

There are known levels of hesitancy or desire by age groups. Younger people aren't chomping at the bit to get vaccinated at the same rates as older people. We are 3+ months on to vaccinations. It's almost impossible at this point for those over 65 and want to get a shot to not have gotten one yet.

Opening up to more people and age groups won't necessarily overwhelm the system.

Compared to 6-8 weeks ago there are now 3 vaccines, and in total, between 2-2.5 million vaccinations daily.

Most states are showing at least 66% vaccination for those 65 and older.

Reaction Score

I’m hearing far more stories of difficulties in other states vs. CT. If you had to wait a month to get an appointment in this state, you are an outlier.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The sequel. Have at it, but stay away from the stupidity.
It’s like you don’t know us at all anymore.

Reaction Score
Was able to get both appointments scheduled through Walgreens this morning. First on Friday

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Not available in the US is it? Nor Astra Zeneca.
not yet, but soon enough to expect any 'expert' to at least have some knowledge for it's upcoming wide usage. astra-zeneca is starting to trouble me.
the only reason novavax wasn't part of the first group was they, literally, did not have a company even remotely close in size to the others in order to ramp up the process. on the udder hand, their 'science' was sound, and Operation Warp Speed recognized that by saying 'you go girl' with the cash to encourage them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Got Pfizer #1 at Walgreens yesterday. NY is now open to 30 and up. Walgreens claims they're showing available appointments in the next 5 days, but it seems more like the next 24 hrs to me. When I signed up there were a dozen open appts for the following day, so availability seems pretty high.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain "pool testing" in relation to covid 19?
What is pooling? Pooling—sometimes referred to as pool testing or pooled testing—means combining respiratory samples from several people and conducting one laboratory test on the combined pool of samples to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

Reaction Score
Second shot of Moderna in the arm at about 12:45 today. I'm expecting a rough night.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I’m hearing far more stories of difficulties in other states vs. CT. If you had to wait a month to get an appointment in this state, you are an outlier.

I got my teenage son an appointment for his first shot for this week. You got to keep checking VAMS and the pharmacies' websites, but appointments do open up.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
not yet, but soon enough to expect any 'expert' to at least have some knowledge for it's upcoming wide usage. astra-zeneca is starting to trouble me.
the only reason novavax wasn't part of the first group was they, literally, did not have a company even remotely close in size to the others in order to ramp up the process. on the udder hand, their 'science' was sound, and Operation Warp Speed recognized that by saying 'you go girl' with the cash to encourage them.
okey doke, sars2coronavirus novavax 'the vaccine science!' landed like a lead ballon here. let's try sars2coronavirus novavax 'the vaccine finance!' instead.
'And then, bit by bit, the good news came rolling in. The investigational candidate progressed successfully from preclinical to clinical trials. Operation Warp Speed granted Novavax $1.6 billion in funding. And Novavax invested in capacity -- so much that the company expects to produce as many as 2 billion doses annually by the middle of this year.'
Here's Why The Best Is Yet to Come for Novavax | Nasdaq
you hear aboot anyone else working on 1 stop, 1 shot vaccine for both sars2coronavirus and seasonal flu? i haven't. now, aboot this 'booster shot' industry freightrain coming down the tracks that i mentioned a while back....
nvax, this time last year - around $15
today, around $180. somebody is paying attention.
signed, 'not the target market, but also not against making bank from a growth industry.'

Reaction Score
Just got the Johnson and Johnson shot. Done.

I can now avoid people and do nothing all day, but be safer doing so.
How did the rest of the day go? Looking at the J and J shot too

Reaction Score
Second shot of Moderna in the arm at about 12:45 today. I'm expecting a rough night.
How were you after the first one? Let us know how you feel tomorrow. I get my second Moderna shot this week and after reading these threads I'm a little nervous. I felt nothing after the first shot. Hoping it's like that after the second.

Reaction Score
How were you after the first one? Let us know how you feel tomorrow. I get my second Moderna shot this week and after reading these threads I'm a little nervous. I felt nothing after the first shot. Hoping it's like that after the second.
My wife got Moderna, first shot she was fine. Second shot she had a fever the next day and felt pretty crappy in the morning, but it subsided in <24 hours. Overall, it really wasn't bad. She said she felt like she was hung over in the morning and by afternoon had few to no symptoms. Same soreness at the injection site.

I got Moderna #1 last week and other than pain at the site, felt basically nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom