COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 8 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m eligible tomorrow. I suppose I could stay up late watching this Netflix Pirate documentary series and drinking run to try to get an appointment.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Got my 2nd Moderna early yesterday, only reaction was very tired yesterday afternoon. Today I'm fine, hoping wife is like me when she gets her 2nd tomorrow.

Reaction Score
How were you after the first one? Let us know how you feel tomorrow. I get my second Moderna shot this week and after reading these threads I'm a little nervous. I felt nothing after the first shot. Hoping it's like that after the second.
My first shot left my arm in pain but that's it.

I'm not yet out of the 24 hour window, but most people have experienced the worst reaction starting around 12 hours...and I'm mostly fine. I work up feeling like I had a moderate hangover. My arm hurts like hell, but that's it.

Reaction Score
My wife got Moderna, first shot she was fine. Second shot she had a fever the next day and felt pretty crappy in the morning, but it subsided in <24 hours. Overall, it really wasn't bad. She said she felt like she was hung over in the morning and by afternoon had few to no symptoms. Same soreness at the injection site.

I got Moderna #1 last week and other than pain at the site, felt basically nothing.
Yeah. My wife had no reaction to Moderna #1 and then from hours 9-36 it was like she had a really really bad flu: body aches, alternating chills and sweating, etc. Then, poof, back to 100%.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yeah. My wife had no reaction to Moderna #1 and then from hours 9-36 it was like she had a really really bad flu: body aches, alternating chills and sweating, etc. Then, poof, back to 100%.

Lady who gave me my shot said she had COVID and was hospitalized and on a ventilator last year. Pharmacy told her she has to get vaccinated, and she's freaking out. I don't understand why they don't first check for antibodies in anyone who has had COVID.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My wife got her 2nd Moderna on Saturday. Woke up yesterday with a slight headache and stomach ache. Got a little worse throughout the day, and had a slight fever later in the day, along with general tiredness. Her arm was also red, warm to the touch, and raised at the injection site (looked like a really bad bug bite). She feels better today but has a slight headache.

I get my first Moderna tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I've read that women are more likely to have side effects than men so maybe I'll get lucky and be fine.

Reaction Score
I'm scheduled for Moderna on Wednesday. I had Covid last April so expecting a stronger response and heavy side effects.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No idea how to manipulate the CVS website. It simply perpetually says all appointments are booked. Same at Walgreens. I stayed up and tried at midnight on CVS, nothing.

Reaction Score
No idea how to manipulate the CVS website. It simply perpetually says all appointments are booked. Same at Walgreens. I stayed up and tried at midnight on CVS, nothing.
I was told by the woman working at the CVS vaccine clinic by me that the new appointments drop at 5 AM each morning. Cannot confirm that is true though.

Reaction Score
I was told by the woman working at the CVS vaccine clinic by me that the new appointments drop at 5 AM each morning. Cannot confirm that is true though.
I just kept the page open on my phone and refreshed every chance I got - tried very early am as I get up around 5, late at night, every day of the week - think I finally found an opening on one my mid morning refreshes. Tried the same with Jersey for my son and never found an opening, he finally got it through his school district.
Get my 2nd Pfizer later today

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I guess I will try getting up earlier, even though I hate that. Massive expansion of eligibility today here in MA, so it's going to be a challenge for some time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I guess I will try getting up earlier, even though I hate that. Massive expansion of eligibility today here in MA, so it's going to be a challenge for some time.
Have you tried VAMS? Does MA have MyChart?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just some advice - prepare some food the day before for quick reheating in the microwave. The day after we got our first shot, we did not want to do anything. Headache, tired and neither of us could really use our left arm. It would have been good to have some soup, pasta, casserole or something ready to go in the fridge.

Reaction Score
I love the masks.

I pretend not to recognize people - at the grocery store, I can look right through someone who has been my neighbor for decades.

It’s removed small talk from my life.
Works even better with sunglasses outside, going in and out of stores or driving around where you may know someone.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Have you tried VAMS? Does MA have MyChart?

MyChart is a CVS app. That’s nationwide and I do have that. VAMS just takes you to the Mass Vax site. https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/. I don’t see a vaccine appointment functionality on MyChart.

Reaction Score
MyChart is a CVS app. That’s nationwide and I do have that. VAMS just takes you to the Mass Vax site. https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/. I don’t see a vaccine appointment functionality on MyChart.
In CT the hospitals/providers are utilizing MyChart. I scheduled through Hartford healthcare on day 1 of my eligibility using their MyChart app.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In CT both Yale and Hartford Hospital use MyChart and you can schedule vaccines through that, which is how I got mine.

I also had an appointment through VAMS but canceled it once I got a sooner one through Yale.

Reaction Score
Click on the Calendar icon (Visits) on the top of the page. Then you will see "Schedule an Appointment". Walmart in Ct. drops the appointments at midnight.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In CT the hospitals/providers are utilizing MyChart. I scheduled through Hartford healthcare on day 1 of my eligibility using their MyChart app.

My Docs are tied in to Mass General/Brigham & Women's and affiliated hospitals. I just logged into their "Gateway" app and realized it uses the same MyChart framework and can be linked to CVS. Interesting. They don't do Vax scheduling there though. I've got 5 pharmacies within a ten minute drive doing it, it's just not available.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
MyChart is an Epic System patient medical record portal - CVS may use it but is separate Corp. from CVS.

Yeah, that is what I discovered. But the portal my physician/hospital group used didn't have that Epic logo or look and feel until recently. They must have switched over.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that is what I discovered. But the portal my physician/hospital group used didn't have that Epic logo or look and feel until recently. They must have switched over.
What part of MA are you looking to get vaccinated in - Southeast MA?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What part of MA are you looking to get vaccinated in - Southeast MA?

Along 495 south between Milford and 95. Loads of spots, plus Gillette isn't far. I think the expanded access group today is likely a very large one. I will keep trying.

Reaction Score
Along 495 south between Milford and 95. Loads of spots, plus Gillette isn't far. I think the expanded access group today is likely a very large one. I will keep trying.
My brother and a few other MA friends have hit Gillette... My SIL works @ the B&W Facility @ Patriot Place. Give this a shot (pun intended): (877) 211-6277.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom