COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 25 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Apparently an unvaccinated person on a softball team I played last week has tested positive. Im fully vaccinated and 5 days out with no symptoms but it just shines light on how you never know who is vaccinated or sick and how important it is to be vigilant and why a mask isn’t the worst idea

Reaction Score
I had no reaction with both Pfizer shots in April not even a sore arm. My wife had Moderna also in April and other than a slightly sore arm had no reaction.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For you old beezin's out there, keep an eye out for info coming out of this test/experiment.

In West Virginia anyone over age 60 who has been fully vaccinated for at least 6 months can get their blood drawn for free to see where their antibody count is at. Should be one of the larger sampling sizes seeing how long the vaccinations provide robust protection or start to wane over time.

WV offers first statewide antibody testing for fully vaccinated (nypost.com)

Reaction Score
For you old beezin's out there, keep an eye out for info coming out of this test/experiment.

In West Virginia anyone over age 60 who has been fully vaccinated for at least 6 months can get their blood drawn for free to see where their antibody count is at. Should be one of the larger sampling sizes seeing how long the vaccinations provide robust protection or start to wane over time.

WV offers first statewide antibody testing for fully vaccinated (nypost.com)
They want to keep Huggie around for a while more.

Should be interesting when the results are in.

Young beezin's should be interested in the results because they are not immune to the Delta Variant.

Reaction Score
I got Pfizer. Minor reaction mostly tired after the first shot. Chills and a fever the next day for about 12 hours after the second. But it went really quickly once it was over.

Reaction Score
Got my shots in May-Pfizer-My kid thinks it is a conspiracy to control us-OK. FYI-96% of US doctors are fully vaccinated.
My symptoms were headache-the big D(gastric distress and body aches for a day or so each time.

Reaction Score
May Pfizer x 2, no reaction other than sore arm. Biked 30M next day. Get flu shots every year, same just a sore arm.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not directly vaccine related, but it does provide some new discoveries that may help with treatments. For anybody who wants to geek out a bit. One of the really fascinating things with the research we've poured into this virus, is how much we seem to be learning that can apply to other viruses as broader anti-viral treatments.

How the coronavirus infects cells — and why Delta is so dangerous (nature.com)

Reaction Score
They shouldn't force anyone who is young to get it with the stats that the CDC has put out for those under 30 and especially under 18

It is all a personal decision and still not FDA approved.
I agree with you 100%. At the same time I also agree that airlines, schools, employers, restaurants, etc. also have the right to say if your not vaccinated you can’t come here.

Reaction Score
Pfizer knocked me out - fever, chills, aches, severe fatigue for about 18 hours. Also a number of friends and relatives in all age groups.
Yeah its weird. People are here saying they and others had better experiences with Pfizer over Moderna when in my experience its been the opposite. Goes to show how unreliable anecdotal evidence is. My nephew whos in the military got his pfizer shot yesterday and hes laid up.

Reaction Score
I agree with you 100%. At the same time I also agree that airlines, schools, employers, restaurants, etc. also have the right to say if your not vaccinated you can’t come here.
except no one is being forced.

Reaction Score
If you can’t enjoy the ordinary benefits and entitlements of life, you are being forced. Perhaps coerced is the better word. I wouldn’t patronize any business with such a requirement. Not just now. Not ever again.
You’re in luck… there is a restaurant in LA that caters to unvaccinated… maybe that will catch on.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If you can’t enjoy the ordinary benefits and entitlements of life, you are being forced. Perhaps coerced is the better word. I wouldn’t patronize any business with such a requirement. Not just now. Not ever again.
Incentivized.

Reaction Score
I cant follow your point. Today, by your definition all kinds of institutions are “forcing” you to do things to enjoy “ordinary benefits”

For example, you have to wear shirt/shoes to go into most stores; you have to have vaccines to attend school; you have to show ID to cash a check; you can’t yell fire in a movie theater. I could go on for ever.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah its weird. People are here saying they and others had better experiences with Pfizer over Moderna when in my experience its been the opposite. Goes to show how unreliable anecdotal evidence is. My nephew whos in the military got his pfizer shot yesterday and hes laid up.
I suspect it has less to do with the shot and more to do with individual immunities.

Reaction Score
Hope that new delta-plus comes with extra leg room and a free meal. What is the end game here smh

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

I consider walking everywhere barefoot a benefit. Guess I'm screwed.

What nonsense.

Reaction Score
They shouldn't force anyone who is young to get it with the stats that the CDC has put out for those under 30 and especially under 18

Are these the statistics you’re referring to?

COVID-19 Vaccination

Or are you seeing something more dangerous?

Reaction Score

Except if that person has contact with the unvaccinated and they end up dying. I personally have seen evidence of this happening with someone I know. Children can’t go to school without their vaccinations but if you want to hang your hat on the soon to be FDA approval feel free but it’s not practical In a crisis like this. I assume it’s mandatory for all UCONN players, coaches, and staff to be vaccinated. You would not mandate that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom