COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

Unfinished Business
Reaction Score
If any medical professional had this concern, it was without any foundation.
I believe that was the conclusion that was reached and too be fair it was very early on in the process. But I defer fully to the medical professionals on the Yard. My commentary was anecdotal.

EDIT:
Some quick research shows that apparently this was a wide spread concern in the medical community (consistent with my experience), the reason behind it, and confirms debunks the concern.

Why COVID Vaccines are Falsely Linked to Infertility
Across the country, significant numbers of health care workers have balked at getting the new vaccines.
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said in a recent briefing that 60% of Ohio’s nursing home staffers had declined their shots. In Georgia, an infection prevention nurse who coordinates COVID vaccines for the 30,000 employees in her health system said that so far, fewer than 33% had gotten the shot. The rest had decided to “wait and see.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What really cracks me up is the paranoia people have about the ingredients of vacinnes (not just the covid one), thinking a miniscule amount of some chemical in a vacinne is going to be toxic or cause some kind of chronic condition. Formaldehyde? Do you smoke or live in a house with plywood? Aluminum? Do you use underarm deodorant? Even mercury you are naturally exposed to more than what might be in a vacinne. People just don't realize the kind of exposure to chemicals they get every day. I'm not saying that the daily exposure is going to do any substantial harm, but vacinne ingredients should be the last of your concerns.

I know this isn't what the concern is regarding fertility, but it just another example of the stupidity. But regarding the fertility question, if the immune response were to attack the placenta because of the similar proteins as covid, then a natural covid infection would do the same thing, and we be screwed anyway.

CL82

Unfinished Business
Reaction Score
But regarding the fertility question, if the immune response were to attack the placenta because of the similar proteins as covid, then a natural covid infection would do the same thing, and we be screwed anyway.
This was the conclusion that the separate groups that I spoke with came to.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Question for people who had the second mRNA shot and who became ill. How long did that take to affect you? I get my shot around 9:20 tomorrow and have to drive somewhere (for a Covid test of all things) at 1:30. I'm hoping I'm not feverish and out of it.

Reaction Score
Question for people who had the second mRNA shot and who became ill. How long did that take to affect you? I get my shot around 9:20 tomorrow and have to drive somewhere (for a Covid test of all things) at 1:30. I'm hoping I'm not feverish and out of it.
You should be fine. Both of my Moderna shots were given before 4 PM and felt no effects until after I first went to bed.

Reaction Score
What really cracks me up is the paranoia people have about the ingredients of vacinnes (not just the covid one), thinking a miniscule amount of some chemical in a vacinne is going to be toxic or cause some kind of chronic condition. Formaldehyde? Do you smoke or live in a house with plywood? Aluminum? Do you use underarm deodorant? Even mercury you are naturally exposed to more than what might be in a vacinne. People just don't realize the kind of exposure to chemicals they get every day. I'm not saying that the daily exposure is going to do any substantial harm, but vacinne ingredients should be the last of your concerns.

I know this isn't what the concern is regarding fertility, but it just another example of the stupidity. But regarding the fertility question, if the immune response were to attack the placenta because of the similar proteins as covid, then a natural covid infection would do the same thing, and we be screwed anyway.
FYI, now the rumors are out there that someone who is just vaccinated can shed their "proteins" on to other women and make them infertile. There are businesses and schools banning vaccinated people from going near women! Certainly feels like people have been watching a lot of Handmaid's Tale.

Reaction Score
FYI, now the rumors are out there that someone who is just vaccinated can shed their "proteins" on to other women and make them infertile. There are businesses and schools banning vaccinated people from going near women! Certainly feels like people have been watching a lot of Handmaid's Tale.

Must. Not. Make. Shedding. Proteins. Joke.

CL82

Unfinished Business
Reaction Score
FWIW, I had my shot at 11:45. At around 7 PM I got cold and felt tired. I threw on a sweatshirt and crawled under a comforter and slept until 9 PM and then I felt fine. Mrs. 82, however, got 48 hours of flu like symptoms.

Reaction Score

I was okay with Moderna's second shot until about 8-10 hours after. Then I started feeling really tired.

Reaction Score
I started feeling minor effects about 3 hours after the shot...but it hit harder after about 8 hours

Reaction Score

I had the shot at 3:30 PM and started feeling it at around 4:00 AM. Me and the couch were one until about 9:30 PM. Fine the next day.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
From the people I know (Moderna) that hard side effects, most started to feel something 7-10 hours after .

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Who's going to give their 12-15 year old's the Pfizer vaccine now - since its approved ? Considering doing so for mine in the next month or so - before school starts.

Reaction Score
Who's going to give their 12-15 year old's the Pfizer vaccine now - since its approved ? Considering doing so for mine in the next month or so - before school starts.
Lots of my older middle school students are getting it this weekend and/or next week.

87Xfer

'cause...it's coming
Reaction Score
my wife and i both got Moderna, shots 1 and 1:10 pm, and we both went to bed feeling fine, and woke up (seperate rooms so if one of us had issues we wouldn't both suffer) around 2am with the fever, chills and crap.

87Xfer

'cause...it's coming
Reaction Score
We've been back and forth, but finally decided that our kid gets her shot when she turns 12 in July.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If you are going to get the shot for school, why not now?

Reaction Score
Got Pfizer at 6:30 pm - was just more tired than usual till 13 hours later. Then the chills, fever, aches etc. You should be fine

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Live from second shot waiting area. Still a lot of people of short of full capacity. No lines really.
My arm is definitely more sore than from shot #1.

DEC32A3E-135B-44FE-A566-C2746855E8EC.jpeg

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well I went about 24 hours with just a sore arm after 2nd Moderna. Then fatigue hit this morning, then chills and my thinking is fuzzy. Now fever of 100 and I’m unusually in the high 97 range. Thought I had lucked out. I guess not.

Reaction Score
Well I went about 24 hours with just a sore arm after 2nd Moderna. Then fatigue hit this morning, then chills and my thinking is fuzzy. Now fever of 100 and I’m unusually in the high 97 range. Thought I had lucked out. I guess not.
That happened to me. I freaking went for a run the morning after. Then it hit me around 11 AM and relented the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom