COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel | Page 23 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Question for people who had the second mRNA shot and who became ill. How long did that take to affect you? I get my shot around 9:20 tomorrow and have to drive somewhere (for a Covid test of all things) at 1:30. I'm hoping I'm not feverish and out of it.
From the people I know (Moderna) that hard side effects, most started to feel something 7-10 hours after .

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Who's going to give their 12-15 year old's the Pfizer vaccine now - since its approved ? Considering doing so for mine in the next month or so - before school starts.

Reaction Score
Who's going to give their 12-15 year old's the Pfizer vaccine now - since its approved ? Considering doing so for mine in the next month or so - before school starts.
Lots of my older middle school students are getting it this weekend and/or next week.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Question for people who had the second mRNA shot and who became ill. How long did that take to affect you? I get my shot around 9:20 tomorrow and have to drive somewhere (for a Covid test of all things) at 1:30. I'm hoping I'm not feverish and out of it.
my wife and i both got Moderna, shots 1 and 1:10 pm, and we both went to bed feeling fine, and woke up (seperate rooms so if one of us had issues we wouldn't both suffer) around 2am with the fever, chills and crap.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
We've been back and forth, but finally decided that our kid gets her shot when she turns 12 in July.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If you are going to get the shot for school, why not now?

Reaction Score
Got Pfizer at 6:30 pm - was just more tired than usual till 13 hours later. Then the chills, fever, aches etc. You should be fine

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Live from second shot waiting area. Still a lot of people of short of full capacity. No lines really.
My arm is definitely more sore than from shot #1.

DEC32A3E-135B-44FE-A566-C2746855E8EC.jpeg

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well I went about 24 hours with just a sore arm after 2nd Moderna. Then fatigue hit this morning, then chills and my thinking is fuzzy. Now fever of 100 and I’m unusually in the high 97 range. Thought I had lucked out. I guess not.

Reaction Score
Well I went about 24 hours with just a sore arm after 2nd Moderna. Then fatigue hit this morning, then chills and my thinking is fuzzy. Now fever of 100 and I’m unusually in the high 97 range. Thought I had lucked out. I guess not.
That happened to me. I freaking went for a run the morning after. Then it hit me around 11 AM and relented the next morning.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We've been back and forth, but finally decided that our kid gets her shot when she turns 12 in July.
My kids are 7 and 9 at the start of the school year in the fall. Testing started in March for their age group and it’s looking like early 2022 for the under 12’s to get vaccinated. By that time, we’ll have 6 months of data for the 12-15yr group on top of studies so I’ll feel pretty good about vaccinating them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Somewhat of a tangent but was reading some stuff about a norovirus breakout around a mom and pop donut shop in Ellington a few weeks ago around Mother's Day weekend. Not sure if it was an employee or customer who brought the virus in to the store.

Says how the norovirus is highly contagious just by passing on a few droplets or how it can survive on surfaces like a door knobs, cash, food or other exposed surfaces. Bunch of folks got the stomach rot and stuff for a day up to a week.

Reaction Score
This was my first somewhat normal week back at work since March 2020. I had multiple non-emergency client visits (to one office that immediately listened to the CDC and ditched masks for vaccinated people) for the first time since the pandemic started. I woke up at 4 AM this morning with a horrible sore throat and headache. I'm tired, but I also slept horribly from 4 AM on. Who knows what I got or where I got it, but I picked up something. I'll get a COVID test out of consideration to others since I have several business appointments next week. Fun times.

Reaction Score
This was my first somewhat normal week back at work since March 2020. I had multiple non-emergency client visits (to one office that immediately listened to the CDC and ditched masks for vaccinated people) for the first time since the pandemic started. I woke up at 4 AM this morning with a horrible sore throat and headache. I'm tired, but I also slept horribly from 4 AM on. Who knows what I got or where I got it, but I picked up something. I'll get a COVID test out of consideration to others since I have several business appointments next week. Fun times.
I wish you well.

Reaction Score

Had Pfizer...they both hurt going in, I think someone said it felt a little like injecting battery acid. No after effects from either. It was weird that the second one was sore a little longer and I got a bruise at the injection site that actually seemed to grow for a couple days before fading away.

Reaction Score
I had my second Pfizer on 4/27 with no side effects.
I wonder if going maskless in addition to perhaps immune systems being weaker due to less exposure the past year to all kinds of things - could spike certain illnesses?

Reaction Score
I had my second Pfizer on 4/27 with no side effects.
I wonder if going maskless in addition to perhaps immune systems being weaker due to less exposure the past year to all kinds of things - could spike certain illnesses?

That seems a reasonable outcome...also possible fodder for "Foarce de Masque II" :rolleyes:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
FWIW, Jersey just made the vaccine available to 12-15 year olds.

Reaction Score
That seems a reasonable outcome...also possible fodder for "Foarce de Masque II" :rolleyes:
I think you have a point there.

Maybe this is just coincidental, but on Monday, I went to my sister's house, maskless and visited her and her husband for about 4 hours inside her house.

Then, starting Wednesday, I got a stomach bug, diarrhea and all that stuff. During the whole pandemic from March 2020 until a few days ago, except having seen her and her husband a week ago, I had a good stretch of good health. I never went into anybody else's house maskless and even service providers wore masks when entering my house.

Coincidence or a result of going maskless?

I have read that wearing a mask can protect against a lot of illnesses. I am not advocating for it, only relating my experience.

Reaction Score
I have read that wearing a mask can protect against a lot of illnesses. I am not advocating for it, only relating my experience.

It protects against the transmission of airborne/viral illnesses. Asians have been wearing it even before covid and I sure in hell want my surgeon wearing one when I'm under the knife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom