COVID Vaccine Thread, the Sequel

Got 2nd Moderna Thursday AM. Foggy for rest of the day but finished work. Felt kinda lousy and tired Friday but went to work (state employee). Starting to feel normal for me today. I did drink wine and beer though.

Got my second Moderna at 5:30 yesterday afternoon. I felt fine until I woke up at 4:00 am freezing and shivering. I felt tired, had body aches, and was sniffly until about 9:00. Feel fine now.

Water helps. Lots and lots of water.
My daughter had the same result with Moderna after second shot. She had a 101 temp, fever and chills for a day. My wife and I have had one pfizer so we will see if the second dose is different in the reaction in a couple weeks.

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday around noon. So far today it’s just a sore arm and some reduced coordination, but the latter is probably because of the vodka.
I seem to have gotten lucky too. Second dose yesterday morning. A day and a half out and only side-effects are some slight arm soreness. Whew!

Your experience is the norm.
There seems to be a lot of
Not with the folks I know. But a handful of them have had COVID before too, which seems to have exacerbated the issues.
Between my family and close friends I know about 40 people who have gotten both shots of either Moderna or Pfizer and only 1 had any side effects besides a slightly sore arm. I wonder what percentage of people have had anything more than a sore arm.

Between my family and close friends I know about 40 people who have gotten both shots of either Moderna or Pfizer and only 1 had any side effects besides a slightly sore arm. I wonder what percentage of people have had anything more than a sore arm.
My experience has been the opposite. Ofvthev40 or so friends/family members that have gotten either only about 5 or 6 have only had a sore arm after the second, most have had other symptoms of varying degrees. The age ranges are 30's to 60's.

Between my family and close friends I know about 40 people who have gotten both shots of either Moderna or Pfizer and only 1 had any side effects besides a slightly sore arm. I wonder what percentage of people have had anything more than a sore arm
It’s in the link that was posted. 47% with fatigue, 41% with headache, etc.

It’s in the link that was posted. 47% with fatigue, 41% with headache, etc.
Wow then my experience is statistically very atypical. Unless people are lying to me! Lol. These experiences are from my 19 year old son to my 80+ year old parents. I don't think any of them had COVID but some of them have some health issues.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
My experience has been the opposite. Ofvthev40 or so friends/family members that have gotten either only about 5 or 6 have only had a sore arm after the second, most have had other symptoms of varying degrees. The age ranges are 30's to 60's.

Same. My sister had flu like symptoms for 3 days. If you look at VAERs there are an awful lot of people with significant symptoms. I’m not expecting anything less. Hoping I will be pleasantly surprised.

Same. My sister had flu like symptoms for 3 days. If you look at VAERs there are an awful lot of people with significant symptoms. I’m not expecting anything less. Hoping I will be pleasantly surprised.
Hope you are also - I had Pfizer - fever, chills, headache, fatigue from about 13 hours to 36 hours. My arm has never been that sore from any other vaccine. Canceled golf with my son 3 days after shot because I couldn't lift my arm.
But we'll worth it for the piece of mind!

CL82

Unfinished Business
46D7B010-C2FE-4CE2-9A00-A2C6BFE351DE.jpeg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Anyone could schedule an appointment for this afternoon if they wanted a vaccine. The state is wide open at this point. I think some of the bigger clinics are already downsizing, and I have to imagine they will be shutting down the Rentschler runway soon because it is really expensive to run that and people can get a vaccine at their local Stop and Shop at this point.

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
Anyone could schedule an appointment for this afternoon if they wanted a vaccine. The state is wide open at this point. I think some of the bigger clinics are already downsizing, and I have to imagine they will be shutting down the Rentschler runway soon because it is really expensive to run that and people can get a vaccine at their local Stop and Shop at this point.

I think you’re right. I think leave them open to walk-in traffic to get the people who did not want to fuss with dealing with the issue of making appointment.

And then get a ton of vaccines to individual doctors’ offices and pharmacies where people are used to getting their shots.

Had my second Pfizer at 1 pm yesterday. Was fine most of the day but woke up at 1 am and WOW. 102.4 fever, shaking uncontrollably, terrible body aches, pounding headache and couldn’t get back to sleep bc of how uncomfortable I am/was. Extra strength Tylenol and now fever and chills are gone, but still massively sore and extremely fatigued. I have a history of covid bc I had it last spring, and I asked the nurse if that may play a part in how I may feel before I got my second dose (never doubted to get it obv) and she said it might and that’s what they’re finding. Hoping I’ll feel better later, but this is a good excuse for a 4 day weekend...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Had my second Pfizer at 1 pm yesterday. Was fine most of the day but woke up at 1 am and WOW. 102.4 fever, shaking uncontrollably, terrible body aches, pounding headache and couldn’t get back to sleep bc of how uncomfortable I am/was. Extra strength Tylenol and now fever and chills are gone, but still massively sore and extremely fatigued. I have a history of covid bc I had it last spring, and I asked the nurse if that may play a part in how I may feel before I got my second dose (never doubted to get it obv) and she said it might and that’s what they’re finding. Hoping I’ll feel better later, but this is a good excuse for a 4 day weekend...

I mean if you already have Fri-Sun off, spiking a 102.4 on Thursday for 12-20 hours is a respectable way to start the weekend.

I mean if you already have Fri-Sun off, spiking a 102.4 on Thursday for 12-20 hours is a respectable way to start the weekend.
Yea def. Just took it and down to 100, so it’s getting better. Hopefully I’ll be back to 100% (no pun there intended) by Sat.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Yea def. Just took it and down to 100, so it’s getting better. Hopefully I’ll be back to 100% (no pun there intended) by Sat.
You're setting up for a nice happy hour this afternoon to start the weekend.

Well played.

The lessons for vaccine noobs is get jabbed on a Wednesday.

You're setting up for a nice happy hour this afternoon to start the weekend.

Well played.

The lessons for vaccine noobs is get jabbed on a Wednesday.
Absolutely. If you are able to take two days off and give yourself a four day weekend but feel fine by Friday night (hopefully, ha), it’s a no brainer!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
I think you’re right. I think leave them open to walk-in traffic to get the people who did not want to fuss with dealing with the issue of making appointment.

And then get a ton of vaccines to individual doctors’ offices and pharmacies where people are used to getting their shots.

The days of 1,500 people getting vaccinated per day at a single location are over. Anyone that wants could walk into their local Price Chopper, Stop and Shop, or corner pharmacy and get a shot at this point.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Hartford Healthcare to shut down their clinics, because they are running some big ones at venues that must be pretty expensive, like the Oakdale and Hartford Convention Center. Doesn't make sense to do that for 50 walk ins a day.

Vaccine Locations | Hartford HealthCare

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
The days of 1,500 people getting vaccinated per day at a single location are over. Anyone that wants could walk into their local Price Chopper, Stop and Shop, or corner pharmacy and get a shot at this point.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Hartford Healthcare to shut down their clinics, because they are running some big ones at venues that must be pretty expensive, like the Oakdale and Hartford Convention Center. Doesn't make sense to do that for 50 walk ins a day.

Vaccine Locations | Hartford HealthCare

Massachusetts still doing 5000 a day at Gillette. But we are approaching the point of more supply than demand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZgirl

Top Bottom