Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season

Reaction Score
He’d be better off not to pay attention to it, and concentrate on how to get some decent offense to run. Has twitter actually been a good thing?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If twitter followers were sending negative things about me or my squad, I would block them too. And it's PRECISELY because that twitter account is used for recruiting.

You know that saying, "This is why we can't have nice things..."? Well, this is why we can't have nice things...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I've never sent a tweet or instagram message in my life but how is Ollie not being truthful about this noble in your eyes?

You misread my post. I’m calling all of the people who have been blocked by him noble. That’s what true fans do, right?

Reaction Score
You misread my post. I’m calling all of the people who have been blocked by him noble. That’s what true fans do, right?
You clearly don't see those fans as noble. Do you find it noble of Ollie to not be truthful about this?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You clearly don't see those fans as noble. Do you find it noble of Ollie to not be truthful about this?

There are enough alarming things happening on the court. How does anyone have the energy to care about what he says to the media?

Reaction Score
Given how important social media is for recruiting, it is unbelievable how dumb of an idea this is. You need to be connecting with recruits through social media during their season...

Yeah I'm not sure why he wouldn't more people like you to tweet him phil:

post from you: It's a way of MBB fans to deflect the reality that our moron coach has driven the program into the ground..

Lol

Reaction Score
Looks like KO is doing more blocking on social media than his players are on the court.

That's not true have you watched the bigs screen? (and move):eek:

Reaction Score
If twitter followers were sending negative things about me or my squad, I would block them too. And it's PRECISELY because that twitter account is used for recruiting.

You know that saying, "This is why we can't have nice things..."? Well, this is why we can't have nice things...
I think it's probably a good idea to block people if you're a coach or player. I don't know why you would lie about it, though.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not sure why he wouldn't more people like you to tweet him phil:

post from you: It's a way of MBB fans to deflect the reality that our moron coach has driven the program into the ground..

Lol

You've gotta have thick skin if you're gonna be a head basketball coach at UConn. What I'm saying is that there's incredible value to being a coach who has a social media presence today. To shy away from that presence because fans are asking you why your team has so few assists is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
You've gotta have thick skin if you're gonna be a head basketball coach at UConn. What I'm saying is that there's incredible value to being a coach who has a social media presence today. To shy away from that presence because fans are asking you why your team has so few assists is ridiculous.

Fair enough. I am sure he has a presence in recruiting though, although how much difference that will make is questionable at this point.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think it's probably a good idea to block people if you're a coach or player. I don't know why you would lie about it, though.

Because it's better than making a statement where you say, "We have a team rule that coaches and players don't go on to social media...except for the monitoring of belligerent fans....we've gotta block some Husky fans sometimes when they make negative comments about the staff, players, or program...but other than that, we have a team rule..."

Why does he have to qualify and parse everything out to the nth degree? Is it because people just want him fired and will look for anything to complain about him?

(the last question was rhetorical)

Reaction Score
Not blocked but anyone else think it's weird that he has his verified account as locked? It never used to be but now he has to approve all new followers. A bit thin skinned, no?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You're right, he owes it the fan base to let them harass him without impediment...

^^^

Exactly this. I've seen some of the stuff that people post, and one was even included in this thread. Some people are idiots, and they think that they should have free reign to be idiots, which is itself idiotic...

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Or a halfway credible offense

Reaction Score
Not blocked but anyone else think it's weird that he has his verified account as locked? It never used to be but now he has to approve all new followers. A bit thin skinned, no?
It hasn't been a happy time for him for a while and he knows it's coming to an end for him as coach. It's not a big deal but there is really no reason for him to comment on this stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom