Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Courant: For UConn Coach Kevin Ollie, Social Media Remains Off Limits During Season

Reaction Score
Haha, RIGHT. Twitter is loaded with fans who want KO gone. His highest level of support may actually be on here.
Have U heard any fire Ollie chants in games? Me neither

Reaction Score

Here’s Jalen partying with Celtics on NYE, likes by Jalen and half the team.

Dont like it. Jalen never had the fire to work 16 hrs a days. Remember that Kevin told reporters during Jalen's freshman yr that Jalen needs to know that he can't get by on his talents alone

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dont like it. Jalen never had the fire to work 16 hrs a days. Remember that Kevin told reporters during Jalen's freshman yr that Jalen needs to know that he can't get by on his talents alone

BFA5_CAE9-343_B-4_A39-869_A-_B7_CDDA3_D9_A22.jpg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There is no call to fire KO in the comments section. The freak out is mostly among a few in the BY. The majority of the sober fans knows going with Ollie is the best path forward

You don’t belong here. Run away now, before this place hardens your soul.

Reaction Score
Easy solution: stop trying to be twitter warriors
In a way, no. If used responsibly, social media has proven to be a positive force for change in much larger aspects of life. No, people should not fly off the handle all half cocked. But when people gather online with a good message, things CAN change for the better.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
In a way, no. If used responsibly, social media has proven to be a positive force for change in much larger aspects of life. No, people should not fly off the handle all half cocked. But when people gather online with a good message, things CAN change for the better.

or we can elect a reality tv star president

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I'm reporting this post.

Offered as an example of the power of social media with no commentary on the results hopefully I can skate by

:)

Reaction Score
I had the same reaction when I saw the tweet.

My second reaction was, what the hell is an AP reporter doing at Gampel at 11 P.M.?

he sleeps outside, he cant afford the gas to go to and from his home

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The team sucks, this season sucks, but come on, this is cool. It’s New Years Eve, the kid deserved to have fun.
Not saying it isn’t cool just evidence they’re on social media!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
From today's article by Jacobs

"Ollie said the other day that he does not participate in social media during the season and, for the sake of his sanity, this is a wise decision. For there have been few words of encouragement on Twitter and fan participation boards." .... ie, Boneyard.

"This much is sure: More and more of the UConn fan base, to use an Ollie-ism, are 10 toes in on Ollie being replaced. To use another Ollie-ism, more and more are willing to eschew the escalator and climb the stairs to the highest points of Gampel Pavilion to call for his ouster. In some ways the sparse crowd of 5,065 for this game is the most damning statement of all"

Jeff Jacobs: Gritty win over UCF keeps Ollie’s critics at bay

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom