Could Purvis be leaving? | The Boneyard

Could Purvis be leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just watched his snapchat story. It's him watching UConn highlights throughout the season. The first one just had a sad face emoji and the second one said "Gone miss it." As always, I might be looking a little too far into stuff but those aren't some encouraging signs.

Reaction Score
He's probably going to leave, so my advice would be to not worry about who's leaving and focus on who's going to step up.

Last edited:

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Maybe. Wouldn't be shocking if he did. He's spent 4 full years in college and he'll be 23 by the end of next season. The window to make money playing basketball is quite small, so maybe he feels like it's time to start making some coin. Can't blame him.

That all said, I really want Rodney to come back.

Reaction Score
Not seeing any snapchat stories for him. Possible he deleted it?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I figured he was just saying he's going to miss this team/this year. Spring semester winding down.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would be seriously bummed if that happens. I think he can really lead the team and do great things next year. But I suppose he has already graduated, and it may be time to move on with life away from college.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Maybe. Wouldn't be shocking if he did. He's spent 4 full years in college and he'll be 23 by the end of next season. The window to make money playing basketball is quite small, so maybe he feels like it's time to start making some coin. Can't blame him.

That all said, I really want Rodney to come back.
When he starts looking like Perry Ellis, then and only then it will be time for him to leave.

Reaction Score
I feel that he will be leaving. Even if he proves better in the draft ratings I dont see him getting to the first round. If he is not drafted, he will go over seas. Thats my gut! I would love to be wrong and would welcome him back at Uconn to average 17 plus points a game.

Reaction Score
Told me that snapchat was about the graduating seniors and that the boneyard is NO good and i should stay away from it.

To be fair, this thread was about us wanting him to stay. Shouldn't that improve his esteem of the Yard?

Reaction Score
I love you Rodney! You are a great Husky and a great ambassador for the program and I can't wait to see you in Husky blue this season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Compared to dozens of threads mercilessly trashing him and jumping on his every mistake?
I hear you Stair
I want him to stay BUT if the comments on the BY bother him that much maybe he shouldn't read them or come to the realization that people who perform under the spotlight are prone to both good and bad comments.
I love Purv but c'mon man you (Purv) need to lighten up

Reaction Score
the boneyards been around for quite some time, players year in and year out come here and read it. facts. Its similar to pro athletes searching their own name on twitter to see any talk. Plenty of ex players still read it, rodney is probably not a fan because honestly he never really reached the level scouts and uconns fan base expecting him to get to. Remember he was supposed to come here and challenge for the pg position lol? still a solid ass player, one would have been remembered in a different-better- light if he had a star or two next to him.

Reaction Score
Told me that snapchat was about the graduating seniors and that the boneyard is NO good and i should stay away from it.

Yup, as I said I was probably overthinking the whole thing.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like Rodney, seems genuine, hope he stays

as for the BY, we're no different than the boards for any other teams, except for the fact we probably have higher expectations than most

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
hi Rodney. I've stated 3 times in the last month that you are conference player of the year next year and our Buddy Hield if you come back.
Don't screw me there. I dont want anymore Turkey.

Hugs and Respect,
August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member