Could Purvis be leaving? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Could Purvis be leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The boneyard is a fan forum. If the players want to view, do so at your own risk. you should have told him there is an ignore feature. I just used it on Deepster the other day. My BY viewing is much more pleasurable.

Reaction Score
These players just need to get over the fact we want them to go undefeated, win a NC every year, and get drafted #1,2&3 each draft. Geez is that too much to ask?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Grown men obsessing over whether the choice of words a kid uses on his social media are appropriate or not are awesome.

Reaction Score
I hear you Stair
I want him to stay BUT if the comments on the BY bother him that much maybe he shouldn't read them or come to the realization that people who perform under the spotlight are prone to both good and bad comments.
I love Purv but c'mon man you (Purv) need to lighten up
Im with you! lol

Reaction Score
I dont believe it! Sorry, many on here do make stuff up or hear wrong lol The BY is low media compared to all the other national outlets saying stuff about guys. According to the major outlets he will not be selected or have DHam rated as the 81st best player. I am sure we dont think DHam is 81st best. We'd think higher. Like com'on. We are all a bunch of guys wanting things to be the best for UCONN and the UCONN players. We'd love to go back to when we had the most players in the NBA. We also want to keep our APR up to par.... But most of all we want guys to bring us another Championship.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like Rodney, seems genuine, hope he stays

as for the BY, we're no different than the boards for any other teams, except for the fact we probably have higher expectations than most
... and we're funnier than most by a wide margin.

C

Chief00

I figured he was just saying he's going to miss this team/this year. Spring semester winding down.

Life after Bunkey and Sam Jr - who wouldn't miss them! Oh I know some posters here won't at all. Probably most of all he will miss Omar Calhoun - I saw them practice on their own many times.

From a basketball perspective, I think Purvis should do another year - this would be his team - true without his buddies - but it's an opportunity and a new experience for him. Growing into that leadership role and greater consistency on the court would improve his draft slot. He has some of the tangibles as Diaco would say - I also think he improved a lot the last two years - so stay on that trajectory. As anyone knows who has kids that age - the tough thing to do is when all your close bros are going in one direction - it's tough to take the path less taken - as Frost once wrote.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Life after Bunkey and Sam Jr - who wouldn't miss them! Oh I know some posters here won't at all. Probably most of all he will miss Omar Calhoun - I saw them practice on their own many times.

From a basketball perspective, I think Purvis should do another year - this would be his team - true without his buddies - but it's an opportunity and a new experience for him. Growing into that leadership role and greater consistency on the court would improve his draft slot. He has some of the tangibles as Diaco would say - I also think he improved a lot the last two years - so stay on that trajectory. As anyone knows who has kids that age - the tough thing to do is when all your close bros are going in one direction - it's tough to take the path less taken - as Frost once wrote.
There are multiple pathways each and everyone of us can take at every given moment of life. The pathway you describe is only one of many. For instance maybe Rodney wants a leadership role but recognizes there might be other personalities on the team who also want this role. And rather than creating tension, his choice for the good of the team, might be to move on. Is this definitive. Certainly not. But it isn't out of the realm of possibility either.

What I can say is Rodney strikes me as the type of kid who bleeds Husky blue and white. And that tells me that when he makes his decision he'll factor in KO, UConn and the team as well as his and his families personal needs.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm going to preface this by saying I know how little this means and that I have no proof of anything, but...

A friend of mine is hooking up with Purvis and she asked him if he'll back back next year, and he said that he was coming back.

Obviously I won't be sold until he officially announces it, but this isn't a bad sign at least.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Social media is meaningless, im sure he was just referring to the delicious piece of cheesecake that he was finishing and was just outside of the frame showing the UConn highlights. I will now return to burying my head in the sand.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Purvis does not read the Boneyard.

Some oaf misunderstood something on Twitter and perpetuated it here. Unfortunately, we have stupid people here and they occasionally make it to other social media outlets as well. Personally, I blame AOL and those free disks for making it too easy for dumb asses to get on the Internet and then have children who in turn were able to get on.

From his comment, Purvis is barely aware this place exists.

Reaction Score
I'm going to preface this by saying I know how little this means and that I have no proof of anything, but...

A friend of mine is hooking up with Purvis and she asked him if he'll back back next year, and he said that he was coming back.

Obviously I won't be sold until he officially announces it, but this isn't a bad sign at least.
New meaning to "inside source".

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

So, is she hot enough to guarantee his return engagement?

Reaction Score
He is a high major player with legitimate pro aspirations. There is not 1 girl or 5 girls that will interfere with that decision. It will purely be basketball based.

Reaction Score
He has been very defensive about people criticizing DHam's decision. Not that that's a bad thing, the criticism is well deserved. When the time comes for him, or any college player, to make their decision they should do what's best for them. I'm one of the biggest purvis fans out there but if staying means he thinks he's going to lose out on a couple of hundred thousand dollars by not playing elsewhere I don't blame him for leaving at all.

Reaction Score
Rodney does have a chance ,with a good year ,to get drafted next year.
He has size and athletism on his side ,it's improvement of on ball skills that need to be demonstrated.
His shot has improved greatly ,if he could continue the gains he could make a lot of money.
With. Better PG play next year he will a bunch of open looks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Man, guys will say anything to keeping it flowing, so to speak.

C

Chief00

If he told a girl that - he's gone. Just kidding - I still think he will be back,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom