Corvette Reveal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Corvette Reveal

Reaction Score
Only one corvette has ever captured my fancy - 1969 Stingray convertible. Admittedly, I like what is routinely derided as the least Ferrari of Ferraris. I don't like showy in cars which probably explains it.

Reaction Score
Only one corvette has ever captured my fancy - 1969 Stingray convertible. Admittedly, I like what is routinely derided as the least Ferrari of Ferraris. I don't like showy in cars which probably explains it.
The 400? BTW, I also like the 1969 with the 427. For Ferraris, my favorite is the 288GTO.

Reaction Score
Not a fan in general. It was always fun to see a front engine pushrod V-8 compete straight up against the European exotics.

It's an identity thing.

I'm sure the new thing will be a great automobile. Just not sold on it being a 'vette.

Front engine pushrod V-8 like this?

Reaction Score

Looks good. Should be mid 70’s for the base. I’ll probably cross shop one with an M2 Comp and Cayman in a couple years. Maybe a high spec A90 Supra too if that comes out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's attractive from almost every angle....except the back.

From behind, it looks like a plastic toy Camaro that's started to melt.

Other than that, looks good and I think they'll do well with it. You know that they'll discover some horrific reliability issue in the first year or so, I don't think anyone should part with any money on one of these for a while.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I think it’s an exceptionally good looking car and it’ll be a performance bargain. Will corvette guys feel it’s corvette enough? Who knows but their loss I think if they pass on this.

Reaction Score
I haven't read a single article on these cars, but I imagine that this thing will be well over $60k. I dont think you could buy a C5 for $60k. Z06's are like $80k. You sound like my wife's grandfather. Was at Mercedes Benz Stadium last night for a Atlanta United MLS game. We left the stadium and he was in awe of it. I asked him how much he thought it cost to build that stadium and gave him three attempts - because I'm a nice guy. We started at $8m and eventually ended at $17m. I told him nice try, $1.6 billion.

Come at the king you best not miss

Reaction Score
It's attractive from almost every angle....except the back.

From behind, it looks like a plastic toy Camaro that's started to melt.

Other than that, looks good and I think they'll do well with it. You know that they'll discover some horrific reliability issue in the first year or so, I don't think anyone should part with any money on one of these for a while.
Agree. They needed to go back to the classic round rear lights.

Did they design this all internally or did they work with an external designer? The best is, and always has been, Pininfarina. The original NSX is the best looking non-Ferrari ever for a reason.

Reaction Score

Come at the king you best not miss
You're correct, I was not. Although, with taxes and dealer fees you likely not get one for under $60k. :)

Reaction Score
It took me an 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive from Sandy Springs to MB Stadium - 16 miles.

I park at the Marta in North Springs and the train takes me there...transfer to West bound line to CNN Station and up the elevator/escalator to MB.

No hair pulling traffic...just read a book or newspaper.

Reaction Score
The 400? BTW, I also like the 1969 with the 427. For Ferraris, my favorite is the 288GTO.

Correct. That entire series 365, 400, 412. I’ve been very close to buying one on a couple of occasions.

Reaction Score
Correct. That entire series 365, 400, 412. I’ve been very close to buying one on a couple of occasions.
My son wants me to buy a 412. I can't. The most ugly I can go is the 348 or the Mondial. I am also a big fan of the old Dino. We visited the Ferrari Museum in Maranello this past Christmas. Awesome experience.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I think it’s an exceptionally good looking car and it’ll be a performance bargain. Will corvette guys feel it’s corvette enough? Who knows but their loss I think if they pass on this.

It's beautiful and fast. But old school Corvette drivers buy Mustang GTs or Challenger Hellcats or something now. The Corvette is just an American exotic at a bargain.

Reaction Score
No option for a manual transmission. Very sad

The rumor is they will offer a manual tranny on some performance models down the road. We'll see. I was surprised as they said currently manual's only made up 15% of the sales. Guess that's product of old guys not wanting manuals anymore, and young guys not knowing how to drive one.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agree. They needed to go back to the classic round rear lights.

Did they design this all internally or did they work with an external designer? The best is, and always has been, Pininfarina. The original NSX is the best looking non-Ferrari ever for a reason.

First thought that came to my mind when I saw the pics of the new 'vette. Looks like an oversized NSX.

Reaction Score
I park at the Marta in North Springs and the train takes me there...transfer to West bound line to CNN Station and up the elevator/escalator to MB.

Marta is the way to go as I traveled back and forth to MB from Buckhead with no issues. Or you could get more adventurous and rent a scooter. I was in Atlanta in June and scooters are all over the place just like Nashville which I visited in June.

Reaction Score

That would have been my normal mode of transportation, but my wife's grandfather has a tough time so driving was the best option for his knees.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
truecar says about 51k for stingray in 06605. philly cousin thinking hard about trading in her '16 camaro supercar (I don't recall the name of that version) for the monster at the end of the vette foodgroup. that girl can drive anyone not named logano into the grave. gm rules. sweet ride.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom