Corvette Reveal | The Boneyard

Corvette Reveal

Reaction Score
I've been very interested in this for a couple years now. Apparently the price isn't going to be as outrageous as I originally believed it would.

I still think it's a terrible idea. They are trying to appeal to gen X and millennials, but many of them don't have the money to spend $60,000+ on a toy

Going mid engine is a huge risk. And if a bag of golf clubs doesn't fit in the front trunk space, I think they've got a flop on their hands. I do think it's going to perform really well though

Reaction Score
I've been very interested in this for a couple years now. Apparently the price isn't going to be as outrageous as I originally believed it would.

I still think it's a terrible idea. They are trying to appeal to gen X and millennials, but many of them don't have the money to spend $60,000+ on a toy

Going mid engine is a huge risk. And if a bag of golf clubs doesn't fit in the front trunk space, I think they've got a flop on their hands. I do think it's going to perform really well though
I haven't read a single article on these cars, but I imagine that this thing will be well over $60k. I dont think you could buy a C5 for $60k. Z06's are like $80k. You sound like my wife's grandfather. Was at Mercedes Benz Stadium last night for a Atlanta United MLS game. We left the stadium and he was in awe of it. I asked him how much he thought it cost to build that stadium and gave him three attempts - because I'm a nice guy. We started at $8m and eventually ended at $17m. I told him nice try, $1.6 billion.

Reaction Score
I haven't read a single article on these cars, but I imagine that this thing will be well over $60k. I dont think you could buy a C5 for $60k. Z06's are like $80k. You sound like my wife's grandfather. Was at Mercedes Benz Stadium last night for a Atlanta United MLS game. We left the stadium and he was in awe of it. I asked him how much he thought it cost to build that stadium and gave him three attempts - because I'm a nice guy. We started at $8m and eventually ended at $17m. I told him nice try, $1.6 billion.
Lol. I've been following this reveal for years. The current rumor is $62,000 for the base

You can get a C5 Z06 for under $30,000. I should know, I almost bought one. They were mid-low 50s new

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Lol. I've been following this reveal for years. The current rumor is $62,000 for the base

You can get a C5 Z06 for under $30,000. I should know, I almost bought one. They were mid-low 50s new

Selling an '81 Original owner, 24000 miles, EVERYTHING original (just put original tires back on even) .... make an offer. Priced to move.

Reaction Score
Selling an '81 Original owner, 24000 miles, EVERYTHING original (just put original tires back on even) .... make an offer. Priced to move.
I'm not a C3 fan. They kind of suck to drive. Too much power steering feel. GL with the sale though

Also, don't drive that or let anyone drive it with those tires. Rubber goes bad. You'll end up wrapped around a tree or in a ditch

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm not a C3 fan. They kind of suck to drive. Too much power steering feel. GL with the sale though

Also, don't drive that or let anyone drive it with those tires. Rubber goes bad. You'll end up wrapped around a tree or in a ditch

its just for the sale. Although they are actually fine. (no I wouldnt tool around in them, but they are suprisingly fine) The car has other tires, But some of the people looking are original fanatics.

Reaction Score

You can look it up. Rentschler Cost $93m and first game was 2003.

Given inflation and significant increases in some materials and almost all labor. That thing would be $250-300m easy as Replacement Cost. Look at 30,000 seat stadiums estimated in last 12 months for MLS. All north of $250m. And we aren’t talking land cost of much sure work for the airstrip

So. Let me roll my eyes next time someone suggest walking away from it. It HAS great access. Contrast to Chicago Fire Stadium that is getting mothballed. No public transport by rail and poor highway access.

Reaction Score
its just for the sale. Although they are actually fine. (no I wouldnt tool around in them, but they are suprisingly fine) The car has other tires, But some of the people looking are original fanatics.
Oh trust me I know. A relative of mine has a top-flight C3 which is certified at something like 97% original

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Given inflation and significant increases in some materials and almost all labor. That thing would be $250-300m easy as Replacement Cost. Look at 30,000 seat stadiums estimated in last 12 months for MLS. All north of $250m. And we aren’t talking land cost of much sure work for the airstrip

So. Let me roll my eyes next time someone suggest walking away from it. It HAS great access. Contrast to Chicago Fire Stadium that is getting mothballed. No public transport by rail and poor highway access.
Maybe we could just move it to Storrs?

Reaction Score

It took me an 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive from Sandy Springs to MB Stadium - 16 miles.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
don't know much about cars or corvette but that doesn't look like a corvette

Reaction Score
don't know much about cars or corvette but that doesn't look like a corvette
neither does the original corvette

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not a fan in general. It was always fun to see a front engine pushrod V-8 compete straight up against the European exotics.

It's an identity thing.

I'm sure the new thing will be a great automobile. Just not sold on it being a 'vette.

Reaction Score
Not a fan in general. It was always fun to see a front engine pushrod V-8 compete straight up against the European exotics.

It's an identity thing.

I'm sure the new thing will be a great automobile. Just not sold on it being a 'vette.
apparently is still has a pushrod! I've always wanted a C5 with an LS1

Reaction Score
It will still likely be the most bang for the buck in the sports car market. I haven't seen if they're going to make a manual tranny or make them all dual clutch automatics. The corvette crowd will definitely not be welcoming to the dwindling availability of manual cars. Looks like a 458 or the Nsx. Probably cost about 1/4 to 1/2 of one though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom