Corvette Reveal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Corvette Reveal

Reaction Score
It took me an 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive from Sandy Springs to MB Stadium - 16 miles.
It took me an 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive from Sandy Springs to MB Stadium - 16 miles.
Why would you drive from sandy springs when you can take Marta. Makes no sense when you fator in parking to drive.

Reaction Score
That would have been my normal mode of transportation, but my wife's grandfather has a tough time so driving was the best option for his knees.
Too bad you couldn’t put him in wheelchair to take him on Marta.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I think I read sub 3. That’s insane for 500hp! Any reports on the weight? I’d imagine ~3400 lbs, give or take 100.
Ludicrous Mode beats Insane Mode. take that, world. 'murica, yeah boi!

Reaction Score
The car is awesome, a supercar at a base price of around 60K is just awesome. They hit it out of the park with this one. Looks more like an NSX than a Corvette which isn't at all bad, IMO.

Reaction Score
The car is awesome, a supercar at a base price of around 60K is just awesome. They hit it out of the park with this one. Looks more like an NSX than a Corvette which isn't at all bad, IMO.

A very successful guy I know who just sold his 2007 Ferrari was psyched by this release. Said it's a no brainer and he's placing an order tomorrow. His exact words were you are getting a supercar for $60-80k rather than $200k

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The rumor is they will offer a manual tranny on some performance models down the road. We'll see. I was surprised as they said currently manual's only made up 15% of the sales. Guess that's product of old guys not wanting manuals anymore, and young guys not knowing how to drive one.
my first car was a hand me down buick. light green, four door. old. sorta ran well, but carb funky in hot weather. overall, good stuff. automatic. all my gearhead peers would yak endlessly about their wizbang rods (learned a 'stick' before I had a license) with manny trans--only way to go, they said. a couple years go by, and off to college. I get a wizbang coupe with manny trans, cuz I wanna be cool too. older brother, who built engines and raced a bit in metro ny area for fun, says 'what's wrong with you? a stick? who needs that noise?' pops laughs. but it's cool, sez me, forgetting that I live in new england with hills and ice all around. first time im on a hill, with ice, near the crest, and waiting on a light, im like 'uh, oh maybe they're right. this blows.' sold that nonsense soon after. never again. sure, I need the f650 to have a manual to do big woods stuff (hills, rocks, brush, that evil springtime clay soil nightmare) but in normal life driving? nope. and that's why the manual transmission is over. automatic (hydromatic! gramps calls it) is just easier. the 'young guys' aren't stupid, and the 'old guys' smartened up. better late than never. but if your a bit skitzo about choosing, you could buy a foreign rig with their 'cool' auto/manny insanity. cuz everyone buys their vehicle to drive at lime rock. yeah, uh no. I got ur paddle shifters right here.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I would seriously consider making it my next car, but I have two concerns. First, the ability to fit anything reasonable in the front trunk. Second and more important to me is I don't want to see a billion other cars everyday that looks like mine - I like being unique. Every wanna be with decent credit is going to be buying those things. Great car, no doubt. It will also drive other sports car prices down which is awesome.

Reaction Score
I would seriously consider making it my next car, but I have two concerns. First, the ability to fit anything reasonable in the front trunk. Second and more important to me is I don't want to see a billion other cars everyday that looks like mine - I like being unique. Every wanna be with decent credit is going to be buying those things. Great car, no doubt. It will also drive other sports car prices down which is awesome.
The C7s are gonna take a major hit, too. They're going to be performance bargains.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom