Corey Floyd visiting Providence | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd visiting Providence

Reaction Score
Dont know why he would go there after they just signed the kid from South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Cooley going all out on the transfers. Will be interesting if you can build an entire team like that and make it work. I think the only players they have coming back from their rotation this past season are Bynum and Croswell.

Reaction Score
Cooley going all out on the transfers. Will be interesting if you can build an entire team like that and make it work. I think the only players they have coming back from their rotation this past season are Bynum and Croswell.
and Breed. meaning they already have 4 Gs getting heavy minutes in bynm, breed, carter, and locke.

Reaction Score
I mean this one makes a ton of sense for Cooley as a younger guy in addition to the more experienced guys he's bringing in. Just feels like a weird move for Corey if he was after PT. Doubt he'll get appreciably more PT next year if he chooses PC than he would have by staying. The whole situation is just odd and I'm selfishly hoping we get more insight into it.

Reaction Score
I mean this one makes a ton of sense for Cooley as a younger guy in addition to the more experienced guys he's bringing in. Just feels like a weird move for Corey if he was after PT. Doubt he'll get appreciably more PT next year if he chooses PC than he would have by staying. The whole situation is just odd and I'm selfishly hoping we get more insight into it.

Very strange that after the SC kid said yes he would even visit unless it’s just the location from Storrs. I mean same situation.

Reaction Score
love it and look forward to beating the Friars each and every season
He lives!

But yeah...Floyd going to Providence would make zero sense if it's a playing time issue. As of right now we have more PT available than they do. Still the only transfer I haven't gotten over.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ya know, it could just be he was buddies with a couple guys who left and didn't like going to school in the middle of nowhere.

It's really not that crazy an 18 year old would change their mind based on something other than projected mpg drawn up by message board posters.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
like i said, hope he enjoys being the 5th G in their rotation!
If Hurley told Corey that he was looking to bring in a starting point guard and another guard who will be playing starter's minutes, as well as possibly having Castle reclass, Corey was potentially looking at being the sixth guard on our team (behind Newtown, AJax, Hawkins, Castle and one more starter-level transfer).

Reaction Score
If Hurley told Corey that he was looking to bring in a starting point guard and another guard who will be playing starter's minutes, as well as possibly having Castle reclass, Corey was potentially looking at being the sixth guard on our team (behind Newtown, AJax, Hawkins, Castle and one more starter-level transfer).
Floyd and Hawkins are 2/3's and Jax will be a 3/4 this year most likely. Floyd would have been the primary backup at 2/3 even if we bring in a transfer. Essentially the same as Hawkins' role this past year.

Reaction Score
yup i've said the exact same thing but transferring just to climb up 1 spot in the rotation is still a questionable move from a bball perspective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom