Corey Floyd visiting Providence | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Corey Floyd visiting Providence

Reaction Score
Yes you’re right our ballhandling was amazing better than most years at UConn - Esp when Cole sat for 30 secs and our half court offense was a Picasso most of the season.

Denham Brown played guard too but I would consider him a 3 all day. I guess it’s semantics and we are in position less basketball. But the Boneyard is often all about personal attacks.
You wouldn't have to mischaracterize what I'd said if you weren't so obviously wrong.

Reaction Score
Huh? We were good in 2005 without a backup point guard. What in the world does that have to do with what I actually said?
You said our guard depth was worse in 05. I pointed out we still managed to have a better season since the poster u replied to the as using guard depth as a justification for last season

Reaction Score
Why do you say that? He has that option doesn't he?
He does but there's really 2 options for why he left, playing time or some other issue with Hurley. I don't think it's playing time, but even if it was more isn't available now. And hard to say any other issue has been resolved either

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I
He does but there's really 2 options for why he left, playing time or some other issue with Hurley. I don't think it's playing time, but even if it was more isn't available now. And hard to say any other issue has been resolved either
Hypothetically his issue can be nothing more than he took umbrage that Hurley chose to recruit over Jalen and Sool. He might have been upset with that and chose to express his loyalty to his friendship with a fellow player over the coach and the program by entering the portal. Nothing wrong with that sentiment. Not everything aligns with how fans want them to align. In this scenario I can see Hurley possibly reconsidering if CFJ reconsiders. But as you indicate playing time might be different if CFJ never declared.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m starting to hope he didn’t. Hope they gave him their crap pizza something about his departure is turning sour on me.
1650559117102.jpeg

“ Seriously, where is the pizza? This is just bread with sauce on it
.“​

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
two of the oddest thoughts that i have read today were the possibilities of either jmoney of corey returning.
hes-not-that-into-you-movie-quotes-7.gif

Reaction Score
Cole Beasley quit football during his rookie training camp, came back a week later, and has gone on to play 10 NFL seasons.

Reaction Score
Talking about moving goal posts.....some people in here are unbelievable lol
The comment was "once you quit your job, your not going back". I provided a relevant sports example.

We also know there are players who return after entering the portal. It happens. No I don't have the name of a collage player to reference of the top of my head.

Actually, the Beasley example came to mind to @huskyfan224 's "he isn't committed" comment. Re-committing to the team you left can happen. That's all

Reaction Score
The comment was "once you quit your job, your not going back". I provided a relevant sports example.

We also know there are players who return after entering the portal. It happens. No I don't have the name of a collage player to reference of the top of my head.

Actually, the Beasley example came to mind to @huskyfan224 's "he isn't committed" comment. Re-committing to the team you left can happen. That's all
Sure it can happen, but these aren’t pro athletes and this is a much smaller group. Chemistry is huge and he isn’t quitting the sport, he plans to go somewhere else and be the opposition.

Seeing someone not buy into the program and leaving while others are bought in wouldn’t bode well for a return. Players wouldn’t forget about it

Pretty sure the whole situation with Dawson Garcia this year would be similar. He had a legit reason to be away, not because he didn’t wanna play, but it was a family matter. UNC players acted like they didn’t know who he was

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that ship has sailed. No real knowledge, but once you quit a job you're not going back.
People tell us they're leaving all the time. If they're good, we see if there isn't something we can do to get them to change their mind. People in business want to make money. People in basketball want to win games. Not everything is taken personally, even if it is on messenger boards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that ship has sailed. No real knowledge, but once you quit a job you're not going back.
Funny you said that - total anecdotal story - I worked with a guy that quit twice to go to the same company, both times.

First time, he was giving notice, and they matched the salary. So he stayed.

Second time, he gives notice, formally accepts new job, company decides not to play ball this time thinking he's going to the same company again, must be for real this time. 2 weeks later, THE DAY OF HIS GOING AWAY PARTY AND LAST DAY AT COMPANY, says he is reconsidering. It was too late to cancel the going away party, so it was a welcome back party... One of the stranger events of my career.

When the covid firing started, he was predictably the very first casualty. I think he tried going back to the other company for round 3 but shockingly didn't get a call back. No need to feel bad for him, he landed on his feet in a better situation (always seems to work out that way for some of us)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom