Cord Cutters | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
I also dropped Youtube TV because they don't have NESN... Happy to be paying less with bundled cableTV and internet from Spectrum than I did for internet and YoutubeTV... Glad to have YES and SNY as well

Reaction Score
And YouTube TV responds. :)

YoutubeTV:
Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered in the way you want — including on all of your favorite devices. To make this happen, we enter into agreements with partners in order to enable access to YouTube TV via different devices.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Roku. We continue to offer Roku the opportunity to renew the YouTube TV deal under the existing, reasonable terms.
If you are not currently using Roku, you should not have any issues. For our Roku users, as we send this, you still have access to YouTube TV on Roku devices; however, Roku may choose to remove the YouTube TV app from their devices. We encourage Roku to continue providing the YouTube TV app for our mutual users.
Should Roku decide to remove the YouTube TV app from their platform, you can still cast to your Roku device from your mobile device, tablet, or computer by following these simple steps. You can also continue to access the app using all of the devices listed here.
In light of Roku’s current stance, we encourage you to reach out to their customer support team to request they keep YouTube TV on Roku devices here or tweet @roku.
We are committed to ensuring our members continue to have access to YouTube TV and will continue advocating on behalf of our members. For further updates on this issue and our efforts to resolve it, please visit this website.
Sincerely, The YouTube TV team

Reaction Score
Where's the Google announcement blaming Roku?

Carriage fee wars by any other name...

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Received this email from YouTube TV today. I promptly went online to cancel my YouTube TV subscription. Was so busy with "high volume" I had to send them an email.

View attachment 67185

1619813267327.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our household did a real-time inventory of shows we would miss without YouTube.tv. Turns out if we add Discovery+ (which everyone wants to give me for free), the only thing we lose is Jeopardy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah if it wasn't for live sports we would definitely get rid of cable altogether. The only thing my wife watches on cable is her morning news, which we could access through an antenna if we wanted. The sports I watch are baseball, football, and college basketball, which means I can't cancel cable at any point in the year.

Reaction Score
Yeah if it wasn't for live sports we would definitely get rid of cable altogether. The only thing my wife watches on cable is her morning news, which we could access through an antenna if we wanted. The sports I watch are baseball, football, and college basketball, which means I can't cancel cable at any point in the year.

With Pluto TV, Tubi, Roku, etc. I can find free tv shows without a pay base. Yet, live sports keeps myself locked in with YTTV.

Reaction Score
With Pluto TV, Tubi, Roku, etc. I can find free tv shows without a pay base. Yet, live sports keeps myself locked in with YTTV.
What live sports do you watch after college basketball ends? I just have sling blue, mlb tv and peacock to cover me. I will drop peacock once soccer season ends. I don't care about NBA so TNT and local tv covers me there. I would think once college basketball seaon ends and before NFL starts most people can downgrade tbeir service.

Reaction Score
What live sports do you watch after college basketball ends? I just have sling blue, mlb tv and peacock to cover me. I will drop peacock once soccer season ends. I don't care about NBA so TNT and local tv covers me there. I would think once college basketball seaon ends and before NFL starts most people can downgrade tbeir service.
College football and college basketball is my passion. So, that is FS1, FS2, CBSSN, BTN and ESPN networks and espn3. Pretty much in that order on the hoops side.

Now, I enjoy MLB Network and FS1 for baseball. I also like college softball. So, the ESPN family of networks comes into play for that. Along with BTN.

When the playoffs start for the NBA and NHL, that is ESPN, NBCSN, TNT and USA. Not a big fan of the NBA and NHL, yet I watch.

Last, my wife. She DVR'S everything. So, YTTV is huge for that factor. I looked into Sling. Did that week trail. I thought the picture was poor. Good thing you have Sling Blue for FS1. As FS1 is the summer of
soccer. 2021 – CONMEBOL Copa America

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So after cutting cable it appears impossible for me to use Hulu live as I intended. My Hulu account is billed through my iTunes (because ?) and it is impossible to make that change through iTunes but they list a number to call to do it and the person on the other end of the phone told me I had to do it through iTunes sooooooo...????

Reaction Score
So after cutting cable it appears impossible for me to use Hulu live as I intended. My Hulu account is billed through my iTunes (because ?) and it is impossible to make that change through iTunes but they list a number to call to do it and the person on the other end of the phone told me I had to do it through iTunes sooooooo...????
Why billing through ITunes? I bill directly through Hulu. Have hulu live, no ads and love it. Was able to see more CBB than I could with regular cable.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Why billing through ITunes? I bill directly through Hulu. Have hulu live, no ads and love it. Was able to see more CBB than I could with regular cable.
I have no idea how or why. I think because I originally downloaded Hulu on my phone apple is the third party biller. P. I. T. A.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?
YouTube TV has SNY or NESN in region. You can’t get both at the same time. If you were out of region you could use a VPN to spoof one or the other. There have been threads about it, but it’s not relevant to me so I don’t know the details.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
YouTube TV has SNY or NESN in region. You can’t get both at the same time. If you were out of region you could use a VPN to spoof one or the other. There have been threads about it, but it’s not relevant to me so I don’t know the details.

New Haven County should have both, but tha's the minority.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The newest volley is YouTube.tv creating a backdoor through the You Tube app. We'll see how that works.

Reaction Score
All, I need a hand.

I purchased a Google Chromecast thinking I could cast any service streaming on my iPhone to my TV. Is this true? For example, I want to cast the Optimum TV app via Chromecast to the TV. Is this doable? I’ll also need ESPN and the CBS sports app for UConn. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
All, I need a hand.

I purchased a Google Chromecast thinking I could cast any service streaming on my iPhone to my TV. Is this true? For example, I want to cast the Optimum TV app via Chromecast to the TV. Is this doable? I’ll also need ESPN and the CBS sports app for UConn. Thanks in advance!
From my experience, yes, you are correct, but the quality is compromised a bit. It's also a cumbersome set up.

What about getting a Roku stick and then signing in on the apps that you have from the Roku stick? It would be way more efficient and you will have better video quality.

Reaction Score
Is anyone aware of a way to buy a login to stream NFL Red Zone?

I've been buying a bootleg Sunday Ticket login for the streaming app, and running the risk of it being down eveeeeeeeeeeeeeery weekend..

My wife will just be furious if I buy it on DirecTV, but now that I look at it, splitting it by month it's only an extra $60 a month or $400 up front - they really kill you with the extra hundred for the Red Zone Channel.

Any other thoughts here?

Reaction Score
From my experience, yes, you are correct, but the quality is compromised a bit. It's also a cumbersome set up.

What about getting a Roku stick and then signing in on the apps that you have from the Roku stick? It would be way more efficient and you will have better video quality.
Thank! I also have RoKu. I was not aware I could cast using that device.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom