Cord Cutters | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Cord Cutters

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I’m thinking of a combination of high speed internet, a Roku, YouTube Tv, Philos, & Netflix to kill the cable bill. Viewing their channels they’re missing SNY, YES, & NESN. How do I get those?

Reaction Score
The great thing about streaming services is that there is no contract. You can use Hulu or whatever service gets YES from April until September, then use YouTube TV once football season start until baseball starts up again. It's not ideal, but there's no chance of doing that with Comcast.
YouTube Tv has Sunday Ticket (where you can get every out of market football game)? Didn’t know that

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
For all you guys who flip between YouTube TV / Fubo / ATT / etc...

I can't recommend Channels DVR enough

You can easily run this on a spare PC in your home, or set up a raspberry pi in under an hour. Recording to this independent DVR allows you to switch providers without losing any recorded content you have.

Extra bonus if you use OTA TV too - you can fully integrate it with a tuner box to supplement your online content. Same with cable, but a different box in play there.

Reaction Score
Youtube tv does not have YES. Have to go to at&t tv to get it for the summer I guess. YT tv allows a 3 month pause in subscription.
Yeah, that's my thing. I'll switch to AT&T for the first time in April and but then switch back to Fubo in November (if everything else remains the same).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
YouTube Tv has Sunday Ticket (where you can get every out of market football game)? Didn’t know that

Sorry I missed that. They don't have Sunday Ticket, that's only DirecTV

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's my thing. I'll switch to AT&T for the first time in April and but then switch back to Fubo in November (if everything else remains the same).
Actually the month of October is usually Fox and TNT or TBS so just go through September.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ok thanks Rico. This won’t be an option for me then

FYI, DirecTV probably isn't keeping Sunday Ticket rights in the next NFL TV deal based off of insider reports. That doesn't change anything for this upcoming fall, but in the near future you may be able to buy it in a separate package or depending on who wins it, you may be able to sign up for just the NFL season then switch TV providers.

Reaction Score
Any have bad delays while streaming live sports? If not, does anyone have concerns?

So far I've watched UCONN games on Youtube TV - and have had no issues at all - either on the TV through the app on the AppleTV or on the app on my phone or computer. Works really well.

Reaction Score
So far I've watched UCONN games on Youtube TV - and have had no issues at all - either on the TV through the app on the AppleTV or on the app on my phone or computer. Works really well.
The feed has been bad for mine on basketball games.

Reaction Score
Today and tomorrow I will miss DirecTV, as I had a Favorite channels list with four channels in it; CBS, TruTV, TNT and TBS.
But that's about it...

Reaction Score
Today and tomorrow I will miss DirecTV, as I had a Favorite channels list with four channels in it; CBS, TruTV, TNT and TBS.
But that's about it...
I think you said you have YouTubeTV. All the games will be on the "Home" tab. You can also move the channel order around so you can stack the NCAA Tournament channels.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm by no means a WWE guy, but I will say watching the old PPVs from the late 80's and the old Saturday Night's Main Events from that era was glorious during quarantine.

Now we'll have to wait until August or so for all of that content to transfer over to Peacock unfortunately.

Do yourself a favor and look for the SNME's in the search function before the network sundowns next month, worth your time.

Reaction Score
I think you said you have YouTubeTV. All the games will be on the "Home" tab. You can also move the channel order around so you can stack the NCAA Tournament channels.
Only top three for men's basketball. I wish it was all in the home. Oh, well.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Anyone else with AT & T TV having issues the last couple of weeks? Last software update 5ucks donkey dong....

Reaction Score
Anyone else with AT & T TV having issues the last couple of weeks? Last software update 5ucks donkey dong....
I’m sure not related to your issues but I have Spectrum streaming and True is often buffering and often poor quality. TBS and TNT not always great either. The major reason I have streaming is hoops. Very disappointing

Reaction Score
Ok so this looks really confusing for someone who loves sports. Seems like half of the steaming options don’t offer one thing or another. I live in MA and would like UConn games, Sunday Ticket for football, Yankees. I currently have directv and call them every year in May and threaten to leave and for instance last year they gave me football package for free and $30 per month off my Bill for a year. If I wanted to cut the cord I don’t see one option that would give me all of that - am I correct? YouTube doesn’t have YES, FUBO doesn’t have NCAA tournament, no one has the football package is what I’m reading. Any options besides doing a Frankenstein and using like 3 services?
Yes get fire tv and a VPN and pay 5 to 10 dollars a month for streaming package like sportz research them. Cheapest I can think of

Reaction Score
Well after 21 years with Directv, I finally cut the cord. Not sure what took me so long, I just realized I don't watch much TV anymore aside from sports. Signed up with YouTube TV a few weeks ago and love it.
It was even better before with YES and NESN. Late last year they got rid of it. I wonder what’s next to go ? Think they switched their target audience to more towards family and less on sports. Next sports channel that goes and I am done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom