Copa America Centenario - US Hosting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Copa America Centenario - US Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mexico/Uruguay

too bad no Suarez, still should be a really good game.

Reaction Score
Mexico up a goal, a man and dominating the game, this won't end well for Uruguay.

Reaction Score
wow what a game and talk about a home field advantage for Mexico!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Mexico-Uruguay game, wow great game. End to end, fouls, red cards, great saves, great goals. Uruguay really played well in the second half down a man. Kind of a shame they couldn't get a point out of it.

Still not sure what Guadardo was sent off for??? I'll have to look into that. Not sure what Uruguay was arguing about on the second goal either??

Reaction Score
I missed the build up to Mexico'a 2nd goal, where the Uruguayans thought it should never have been a corner kick b/c the Mexican player was offside... so I can't speak to that, but the third goal looked to be offside to me. Not the player who scored, but the one who assisted it. He was past the last defender by a step when the ball was played to him at the 6 yard box.

Reaction Score
Refs: not a stellar display, multiple bad calls both ways in URG v MEX, and in other games to date. More than a few, shocking head shakers!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I missed the build up to Mexico'a 2nd goal, where the Uruguayans thought it should never have been a corner kick b/c the Mexican player was offside... so I can't speak to that,
Yea, I don't remember the play leading up to the corner.

but the third goal looked to be offside to me. Not the player who scored, but the one who assisted it. He was past the last defender by a step when the ball was played to him at the 6 yard box.
I thought so too originally. But looking at it again, a couple of times, the attacker was behind the ball on the cross. So he was good. (yea he was ahead of the defender, but not the ball) Good call really because it was close.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Argentina - Chile was a great game last night. Wide open, up and down. Constant defensive pressure and immediate attacking as soon as one team won the ball. Very entertaining.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I missed the build up to Mexico'a 2nd goal, where the Uruguayans thought it should never have been a corner kick b/c the Mexican player was offside...
Follow up on the Uruguayans arguments on the 2nd goal. It seems Marquez handled the ball on the corner kick before it was passed back to him and he buried it. Not seen by the CR or AR. Or not called anyway. But then I had not seen it either watching multiple replays.

Reaction Score
Any predictions for tonight's must win game against CR?

Reaction Score
Any predictions for tonight's must win game against CR?
US wins 3-1. It's pretty much a must win, but not mathematically eliminated if they draw. if they lose they are out. if they draw they still have a chance assuming Colombia beats Paraguay.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
US wins 3-1. It's pretty much a must win, but not mathematically eliminated if they draw. if they lose they are out. if they draw they still have a chance assuming Colombia beats Paraguay.
Not a bad prediction. 4-0 to the good guys. We always seem to play better with our backs against the wall.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Paraguay will be worn out by all the travel, flew to Orlando to play in brutal heat and humidity, out to So Cal, and now to Philly to play US. LOL

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Are we seriously NOT playing the 3rd Group games at the same time????

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So if Peru holds this win against Ecuador ( still early) and they draw against Brazil or beat them, we avoid playing Brazil assuming we make it through, correct?? Could be a huge turn of events but we first need to make it through. Plus, Brazil made a statement against Haiti. Will be interesting to see what happens vs Peru

Reaction Score
LOL if Columbia and CR strike up some kind of deal to screw us.

Fortunately we kind of took it out of their hands.

If we lose, we're out.

If we win, we're through.

If we draw, it would take CR 6-0 Colombia (or equivalent) to keep us out and put CR and Colombia through.

I don't expect Colombia to go all out, but to allow a 6-goal defeat would be the most obvious case of collusion/match-fixing in the history of sport that they wouldn't dare do it, even though they have nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom