Copa America Centenario - US Hosting | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Copa America Centenario - US Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm glad Jones kept his head on at the end of the match. Whatever that crap was that happened away from the ball near the end that resulted him on the ground was clearly Paraguay baiting him to do something. He kept his head on which was good considering how that game was going down.

Now it's interesting to see that Colombia started 10 reserves including their keeper against CR. I know they're through but it's a possible date with Brazil or a date with Ecuador/Peru. I'd think they'd wanna secure at least a point. Maybe rest a few starters but not the whole team?? Will be an interesting game.

Brooks was the man tonight, btw....I've been critical of him but he seems to really be growing into a solid central defender on this team.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm glad Jones kept his head on at the end of the match. Whatever that crap was that happened away from the ball near the end that resulted him on the ground was clearly Paraguay baiting him to do something. He kept his head on which was good considering how that game was going down.

Now it's interesting to see that Colombia started 10 reserves including their keeper against CR. I know they're through but it's a possible date with Brazil or a date with Ecuador/Peru. I'd think they'd wanna secure at least a point. Maybe rest a few starters but not the whole team?? Will be an interesting game.

Brooks was the man tonight, btw....I've been critical of him but he seems to really be growing into a solid central defender on this team.
It would be a sweet plus if Colombia blows it and we get to play likely Ecuador in the quarterfinals. However, Klinsmann will be expected to win that game where he wouldn't be expected to beat Brazil.

Reaction Score
So we will likely get I'm thinking Ecuador in Seattle.

Seattle should pretty much be the most epic setting we can get for a quarterfinal in the US. Possibly the loudest stadium in the country, that regularly attracts 40,000 Sounders fans. What will the attendance be? 50, 60K? Also, this is a place where we can get a true home field advantage plus we have 24 hours to get a jump on tickets.

We should probably have a quarterfinals thread...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So we will likely get I'm thinking Ecuador in Seattle.

Seattle should pretty much be the most epic setting we can get for a quarterfinal in the US. Possibly the loudest stadium in the country, that regularly attracts 40,000 Sounders fans. What will the attendance be? 50, 60K? Also, this is a place where we can get a true home field advantage plus we have 24 hours to get a jump on tickets.

We should probably have a quarterfinals thread...
Yeah I was surprised they didn't somehow figure out a way to get the US a game in Seattle in the group stage. I'm sure there's some rules they had to follow and crap and that's why they couldn't just place the US there for a game but playing in Seattle for a quarterfinal is a HUGE boost for this team! Losing Yedlin is gonna hurt a bit but I haven't been really in love with him this tournament. If there was someone on that back line we had to lose, I'd probably say it was him.

Reaction Score
Messi retiring from the Argentinian national team. LINK

We'll see how long it lasts for, but the combo of losing another major cup final and his ongoing issues with the AFA appear to have hit a boiling point.

Reaction Score
Nil - Nil final. USA scoreless in final two games. This is the kind of stuff that keeps soccer on the back bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom