Copa América | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Copa América

Reaction Score
He stuck it to the machine whenever he could. Bringing in Jordan Morris while he was at Stanford, Miguel Ibarra while at a USL team, the German dual nats, questioning why the Lakers gave Kobe a massive contract when he was on his way out of the league, suggesting the US could not win the 2014 world cup, etc.
Still has a better list of Ws than GGG

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tonight is an absolute win and hope situation. I feel like the players have enough pride to make this a good fight but you still have the potential of a blowout on the other side and Panama making up the goal differential. Either way this Coach has had 5+ years to show us what he has and the trajectory is sideways. He's hit a hard ceiling with his philosophy but seems insulated and given a free pass to the WC to squander the current batch of talent. And there's no reason to think the decision makers would make a better selection next time around. They seem unaccountable except to some deep pockets in the MLS universe.

I love hope but hope is not a plan.
Yeah, and that's the most worrisome part. I mean they picked GGG, then picked him again. So they are not good at picking managers.

Reaction Score
It's by design. There's no motivation or desire to get a top coach who will make waves

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope Uruguay scores 6 goals.

I hope it’s ugly as hell. Leave no doubt.

We need Jesse Marsch or even BJ.

A fluke win would be a catastrophe for the USMNT.
Marsch ain't gonna come now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The main reason he was fired was because he pushed back againt the assertion that that a major role of the USMNT is to support the MLS.
Sadly this makes perfect sense.

I believe it was about a dozen years ago when may within the USMNT were publicly saying that the best US players should be required to play MLS.

We'll never get out of our own way.

Reaction Score
We cut the cord and I believe the USA vs Uruguay game tonight is televised on FS1 and live streamed on Fubo. We have Hulu and Peacock but I think I need to go out to watch it. Any other suggestions? Just pony up and pay?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sadly this makes perfect sense.
I actually heard Garber all but say it out loud on this TV show. But I can't actually figure out how to watch it again. I don't get MSG Network but I caught the show in a hotel years ago. Garber said (paraphrasing): "Jurgen and I had a disagreement. I feel that the national team has a duty to support the MLS and he didn't...now he's not the coach anymore." I recall his saying this with a SE grin on his face. I would love to see this again so if anyone knows how, please clue me in.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We cut the cord and I believe the USA vs Uruguay game tonight is televised on FS1 and live streamed on Fubo. We have Hulu and Peacock but I think I need to go out to watch it. Any other suggestions? Just pony up and pay?
Maybe it's on the Fox Sports App?

Reaction Score
Klinsmann was necessary medicine for us, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he was a good game manager or was any better at player management. The guy lasted less than a year at South Korea and has burned bridges everywhere he's gone. That we did a lousy job replacing him does not mean that letting him go was wrong.

Reaction Score
Can someone meone who followed things closer than I do refresh my memory on what was wrong with Klinsman.

All I seem to remember was a lot of criticism in the press, but outside of when he was here he was pretty well respected.

He went off the deep end a little in the end. But he was at odds with MLS and that didn't help.

Since then we have catered to MLS with Arena the savior and Berhalter (the anointed).

Reaction Score
Klinsmann was necessary medicine for us, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he was a good game manager or was any better at player management. The guy lasted less than a year at South Korea and has burned bridges everywhere he's gone. That we did a lousy job replacing him does not mean that letting him go was wrong.

Guys played harder under Jurgen. The conditions in Brazil were brutal and that team wasn't that good.

Reaction Score
Marsch ain't gonna come now.

He would if offered.

The Canadian Federation is a joke. Their last coach fired them. Marsch is an American and the USA has more to offer.

It's by design. There's no motivation or desire to get a top coach who will make waves

They won't make a change. The Federation won't admit that they are wrong.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Jeez, US almost served up an easy goal to Uruguay less than 2 mins in with that lazy back pass to goalie. Gotta be sharper than that!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What is with the cameras here? 1000 ft view and so close I can see if they have a pimple view. Really strange.

As for the match, I’ll never root for us to lose or to not advance. If we do fail, I’ll take some solace in the fact that maybe we will get rid of Gregg. But then I thought that after the WC and the Reyna fiasco.

Reaction Score
This is complete garbage. Unwatchable. Can’t imagine the US has a shot against Uruguay and the refs. Our own fault to be in this situation, but sucks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why are we playing on a "tight" field? The big games need to played at The Rent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom