Copa América | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Copa América

Reaction Score
Not yet. This might be USSF's way of waiting out the storm. GGG is better suited to beat European teams anyway :cool:

Reaction Score
Went to a local pub to watch the game. I could have sworn they listed the game as 7 pm. Oh well.

Reaction Score
That defense on Alvarez by Canada was laughable, couldn't have made it any easier for him to score.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wow... hard to believe Uruguay couldn't put one in after Colombia went down a man. So many chances, so many misses. Thought for sure once Suarez was subbed in, Uruguay would equalize. Crazy intense.

That save by Rochet at the end was incredible.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow... hard to believe Uruguay couldn't put one in after Colombia went down a man. So many chances, so many misses. Thought for sure once Suarez was subbed in, Uruguay would equalize. Crazy intense.

Yes, it is possible to win or draw when a man down. (even when it's not Panama)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Of course it's possible and has been done before, duh. In this game, IMHO, Uruguay did more to defeat themselves in 2nd half than Colombia did simply by missing the net multiple times.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Of course it's possible and has been done before, duh. In this game, IMHO, Uruguay did more to defeat themselves in 2nd half than Colombia did simply by missing the net multiple times.
KxdSsBL7ZUmo5IVfHVx-0AlZ95IosL97blWCSXg6Nf8.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

The real crime is once they went up 1 they choked it. A change in shape was demanded and the ket Panama waltz right though them immediately.

I'm bracing to be underwhelmed by GGGs replacement.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The real crime is once they went up 1 they choked it. A change in shape was demanded and the ket Panama waltz right though them immediately.

I'm bracing to be underwhelmed by GGGs replacement.
Well Crocker did go out and get Emma Hayes, sooo maybe there is a little hope we can get someone good.

We're not an elite NT, so it's gonna be hard to get an elite NT coach. But if we can get someone between GGG and elite (that's a large gap), who can at least make us equal to the sum of our parts instead of less than the sum of our parts, that's an improvement. If we could get someone who can make us greater than the sum of our parts, even better.

Reaction Score

Both teams missed some incredible chances down the stretch but it was still a fun game to watch. I went with the Spanish broadcast for a change of pace it just felt more appropriate and less annoying.

Reaction Score
Went to a local pub to watch the game. I could have sworn they listed the game as 7 pm. Oh well.
Fox has been heavily advertising the times and neglecting to mention that that is when their pre-game starts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I tuned in after halftime. Holy hell on Canada's 2nd goal - Uruguay's defense let Kone pretty much dribble unchallenged for 70 yards and get off a clear shot (rebound went in). I guess Uruguay kinda doesn't care about this. Those mild-mannered Canadians are bullying them now.

OK... Suarez cares. Announcers all over Canada for continuing to play wide open end to end instead of more cautious defensive game with the lead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Argentina vs Colombia pushed back to 8:30 due to getting people in the stadium safely. Apparently some were jumping the fence.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Game start was late, the action so far sucked, but at least we got to see Shakira twerk on stage. Why is it the Euros didn't need a halftime show but Copa America does?

Reaction Score
It has really been an embarrassment. We are supposed to host the World Cup in two years? From the small thrown together pitches to the security failures there is a lot to work on before 2026.

Totally different organizers.

Also the fields will begin grass preparation as early as February. Far more expensive process than the fast and cheap used for the Copa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom