Copa América | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Copa América

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It has really been an embarrassment. We are supposed to host the World Cup in two years? From the small thrown together pitches to the security failures there is a lot to work on before 2026.
From a lot of what I've read, it wasn't so much "we" as CONMOBEL.

Reaction Score

I don’t get some of the criticism.

A bunch of animals with no tickets stormed the stadium and got in.

Of course they weren’t ready for that because we are civilized and don’t do such things.

I guess we learned our lesson. We’ll have phalanxes of cops in helmets and shields for the South American matches in 2026.

Reaction Score
Game start was late, the action so far sucked, but at least we got to see Shakira twerk on stage. Why is it the Euros didn't need a halftime show but Copa America does?
I was going to say, at least we got Shakira, from Colombia too. But her show quickly degenerated into a display of her apparently favorite bedroom moves. But hey, it's Miami.

I thought the game was tough to watch. You can't even tell which fouls and injuries are real with the guys falling to the ground on every single contact. Being a soccer ref has to be the worst. One single ref watching 22 guys and every contact they fall on the ground writhing in pain.

The NFL is our biggest sport and so much of the nation will never embrace soccer when the culture is to agonize over pain constantly. It's awful. We always pretended nothing hurt because that was the way it was. The soccer culture makes it very difficult to watch. I really didn't even think Messi was hurt. He wasn't playing very sharp from the get-go.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's "we". The Super Bowl was played on an inferior pitch as well. It's the American way.

Reaction Score
I don’t get some of the criticism.

A bunch of animals with no tickets stormed the stadium and got in.

Of course they weren’t ready for that because we are civilized and don’t do such things.

I guess we learned our lesson. We’ll have phalanxes of cops in helmets and shields for the South American matches in 2026.
Whatever the cause, a very scary situation.

Reaction Score
Holy Smokes!

I did that to myself doing box jumps in CrossFit. Blew up just like that after rolling my ankle. It’s super painful.

I couldn’t run for a few months, but I did some skiing on it the week following. The worst part was getting the boot on and off.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
The Euros had the same problem three years ago with fans storming the gates before the game. Like calm the frak down, don't have a ticket, tough luck. I hope this isn't a prelude to the World Cup games, and who the frig brings a dog to a soccer game?!?!? You can see the pup around the 37th second in the vid @Kolumbo posted. Wild man, totally wild.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom