Copa América | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Copa América

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is complete garbage. Unwatchable. Can’t imagine the US has a shot against Uruguay and the refs. Our own fault to be in this situation, but sucks.
I’m watching us boot balls out of bound and pass to no one. It reminds me of UConn soccer in the 80s but this is the national team. That said, this is the right style for us. Forward. Always. Our athletes stress the other team. If England played this style they’d be blowing people out.

We can get away with trying to control possession against some bad CONCACAF teams. But not these guys.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
First half no shots on goal. Urgency?
Until just now Uruguay had no shots on goal and we had one, Pulisic late first half.

That is offside. @storrsroars wasn’t a header. Pulisic had a hard shot but right at the goalie.

Reaction Score
When you’re disappointed about the U.S. getting grouped but realize it means Berhalter will finally be fired.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Reaction Score
1. They played hard tonight, and didn’t play poorly, but they were unable to make up for the problem, which was losing on Thursday night. They had enough talent to draw Panama down a man, but Weah should be experienced enough to not risk getting tossed against a team that couldn’t have beaten us even up. But, at 1-1, Pepe has to be able to head that ball in. I know he’s young and may end up very good, but he misses way too many opportunities.

2. I think Greg will be gone. There has always been a lot not to like about his reign, but his results were such that I was among those who couldn’t see firing him. But it’s now time. This was unacceptable.

3. Having said that, Greg didn’t lose the last two games — the players did. I fully endorse what Alexi Lalas said in the post game (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) — this team is the best group of players we’ve had but it’s not the best team. Pulisic played great. A number of others were o.k., and you certainly can’t beat on the defense as a whole over the tourney. But very little quality in the last 30 yards by anyone other than Pulisic, who wasn’t going to be allowed to beat them.

4. I still think the goal was offsides, but the camera was not even with the play, you can’t be sure from anything we were shown and it was damn close. And ultimately, we needed to score anyway and we didn’t really come that close.

Reaction Score
1. They played hard tonight, and didn’t play poorly, but they were unable to make up for the problem, which was losing on Thursday night. They had enough talent to draw Panama down a man, but Weah should be experienced enough to not risk getting tossed against a team that couldn’t have beaten us even up. But, at 1-1, Pepe has to be able to head that ball in. I know he’s young and may end up very good, but he misses way too many opportunities.

2. I think Greg will be gone. There has always been a lot not to like about his reign, but his results were such that I was among those who couldn’t see firing him. But it’s now time. This was unacceptable.

3. Having said that, Greg didn’t lose the last two games — the players did. I fully endorse what Alexi Lalas said in the post game (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) — this team is the best group of players we’ve had but it’s not the best team. Pulisic played great. A number of others were o.k., and you certainly can’t beat on the defense as a whole over the tourney. But very little quality in the last 30 yards by anyone other than Pulisic, who wasn’t going to be allowed to beat them.

4. I still think the goal was offsides, but the camera was not even with the play, you can’t be sure from anything we were shown and it was damn close. And ultimately, we needed to score anyway and we didn’t really come that close.

Other than Pulisic, Ream, Jedi, Musah and a few others I can’t stand these players.

They are more talented than their predecessors but less tough.

They are called a golden generation but they haven’t accomplished anything.

Players before were less talented buh they had grit.

McKennie is probably partying at the Plaza in KC right at this minute.

Reaction Score
Gregg's system scored 1 goal per game in WC and Copa. That includes Hajis heel thing against Holland. That's miserable.
Gregg's record is inflated by playing Martinique and the like

Reaction Score
Gregg's system scored 1 goal per game in WC and Copa. That includes Hajis heel thing against Holland. That's miserable.
Gregg's record is inflated by playing Martinique and the like

In the post game someone asked him if we were headed in the right direction.

He literally said that we usually have now expected oaks than the other team.

Unbelievable

Reaction Score
I am a follower but not a diiehard. Is this the group we expect in the WC or is there snyone up and coming who may help? I thought first half was pretty good but we never seem to cash in a big spot. Coaching change seems needed and it has to be now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He would if offered.

The Canadian Federation is a joke. Their last coach fired them. Marsch is an American and the USA has more to offer.
Doesn't matter. Marsch has an attitude, and the USSF pissed him off. He's not coming back before 2026. He'd turn them down, now, just for spite.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This isn’t the best camera angle I’ve ever seen, but it is the worst
Yeah, it was too high, but, I'd rather have a too high angle vs a too low angle.

Let us see (for awhile) more of the field, off ball movement, etc. Annoying, sure, but interesting too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I dunno- GB is no prize but for all the hype about improved talent on the USMNT while it's better than 30 years ago I'm starting to think it isn't that much better. Couple of good players but overall still 3rd rate.
True, this group may not be much better, but then "lesser" teams did more. We may not have always looked "pretty" doing it, but back in the day, we got results (some). 2010 we topped the group with England/Slovenia/Algeria. 2014 we got out of a group with Germany/Portugal/Ghana. 2002 , we were a handball away from a semi-final. And now, we can't get out of a group with Uruguay/Panama/Bolivia. (Panama and Bolivia - that's not Slovenia/Algeria/Portugal/Ghana).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom