Copa América | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Copa América

Reaction Score
Weah is a god damn idiot. Absolutely inexcusable. Pathetic. Whatever adjectives you want. If this team doesn’t make it out of the group stage because of this it is 100% on him.

Reaction Score
Sitting in a Mexican restaurant watching this, and I overheard the waiters making fun of Berhalter because the only thing he can do is wear expensive Jordans.

Reaction Score
Not a Berhalter fan but Weah's epically idiotic RC and the massive lapse on defense that gave up the late goal are not on him.

But if it takes a bad result like this to force a coaching change, I won't lose sleep over it.
To be fair, in the second half up until panamas 2nd goal, panama did nothing and we had the two best scoring opportunities. They got one broken series where we just couldn’t get a good foot on the ball to clear it and they capitalized.

With all that said, I wouldn’t be upset if this triggers a coaching change.

I’m still not sure how that hit on Turner wasn’t at least a yellow.

Reaction Score
Not a Berhalter fan but Weah's epically idiotic RC and the massive lapse on defense that gave up the late goal are not on him.

But if it takes a bad result like this to force a coaching change, I won't lose sleep over it.
Playing down a man for most of the game may have contributed to the late lapse on defense? I don't know. It also seemed like Robinson pull back so as not to risk another penalty. Panama scored immediately after that.

Was it the right call to switch keepers? The 2nd goal went through Horvath's hands. I'm not saying he dropped the ball there but it did go through his hands.

Reaction Score
Playing down a man for most of the game may have contributed to the late lapse on defense? I don't know. It also seemed like Robinson pull back so as not to risk another penalty. Panama scored immediately after that.

Was it the right call to switch keepers? The 2nd goal went through Horvath's hands. I'm not saying he dropped the ball there but it did go through his hands.
I just realized Turner was injured, my bad.

Reaction Score

I was at the game. Panama knew what they were doing playing physical with us. There is no way that hit on Turner shouldn't of been a red card.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Playing down a man for most of the game may have contributed to the late lapse on defense? I don't know.
Indirectly, sure. Berhalter switched to a 5-man back line at halftime precisely to preserve the tie, but this entailed putting in a defender sub (Carter-Vickers) who otherwise probably wouldn't have played. But any professional soccer player should know that you can't leave an attacker open at the six in front of goal.

Reaction Score
Indirectly, sure. Berhalter switched to a 5-man back line at halftime precisely to preserve the tie, but this entailed putting in a defender sub (Carter-Vickers) who otherwise probably wouldn't have played. But any professional soccer player should know that you can't leave an attacker open at the six in front of goal.
I watched the replay. Carter-Vickers took a quick glance behind himself and in that exact instance the ball came across and he was beaten, and he knew he blew it.

I was at the game. Panama knew what they were doing playing physical with us. There is no way that hit on Turner shouldn't of been a red card.
The last 10 minutes were espeically dirty as heck. They tackled Pulisic from behind, red card. Robinson was flat out tripped from behind when it could have been a 5 on 3 break, yellow card. He probably could have sprinted past another 2 defenders on his own. McKennie was tripped from behind, yellow card. Maybe there should have been another red card if their strategy is to dangerously tackle every time the US touches the ball. And it seems there should have been at least another 3 minutes of stoppage time.

Reaction Score
Bielsa will want to hang another 5 on Monday. They press, we can't pass
The thought of Chris Richards and Tim Ream in that back defensive live against Uruguay's high press is not encouraging at all. I would say especially with Richards because he was turning the ball over against the lousy Bolivia team and Uruguay's talent level is way above Bolivia.

The Panama game was a must-win and USA dropped the ball, more specifically, Tim Weah phukked up with the red card. I know Panama was playing dirty and the official, Ivan Barton, was horrendous, but he absolutely cannot do that. In the age of VAR, that won't go unnoticed. Roderick Miller flat out flopped.

Reaction Score
What are some of your go-to sites to follow the USMNT with the best insight and analysis?

Reaction Score
I watched the replay. Carter-Vickers took a quick glance behind himself and in that exact instance the ball came across and he was beaten, and he knew he blew it.

The last 10 minutes were espeically dirty as heck. They tackled Pulisic from behind, red card. Robinson was flat out tripped from behind when it could have been a 5 on 3 break, yellow card. He probably could have sprinted past another 2 defenders on his own. McKennie was tripped from behind, yellow card. Maybe there should have been another red card if their strategy is to dangerously tackle every time the US touches the ball. And it seems there should have been at least another 3 minutes of stoppage time.
At least you didn't have to watch the game live like I did. It was horrible. Also, with no replays at all even with all fancy monitors including the wrap around screen at the top of the roof the fans were clueless on what was happening half the time. This is where having it on tv would help. I'm not sure why no replays. I was at a Hartford soccer game a month ago and even on their one screen did replays. LOL!

Reaction Score
starsandstripesfc.com.

Questioning why GGG wouldn't put Musah in to be a beast and to carry the ball/get fouled. And Aaronson could have been a ball hawking pest up top to disrupt Panama's ball movement.

I don't think Ream liked the bunker strategy after going down to 10 men: "Obviously we would've loved to keep the ball a bit more, but with the man down and not really in control, it's hard to then wrestle that back...So yeah, it would've been great, but we knew our transition and our counterattacks were going to be the key from that point forward, and that's kind of what we tried to focus on."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom