2025 Recruiting: - Cooper Flagg | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Cooper Flagg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you really trying? The Dukes were the Sacklers of the early 1900's.
Best post I’ve seen in a while -the Sacklers, Dook, and the Dukes.

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah he did as he wasn’t even called for a foul or was suspended on a subsequent game. If you want to consider Sellers bouncing Laettner’s head like a basketball on the hard court , I’ll give you that much. Hahahaa. I always smile when I watch that clip.
Little known fact, that iconic photo is of Sellers diving the ball not menacing Laettner. True, moments later he did dribble Laettner's head off the court, but it was a still shot of Rod making a hustle play that seemed to energize Seller's being punished after the game.

1689420126484.gif

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Little known fact, that iconic photo is of Sellers diving the ball not menacing Laettner. True, moments later he did dribble Laettner's head off the court, but it was a still shot of Rod making a hustle play that seemed to energize Seller's being punished after the game.

View attachment 89761

Nope. He dribbled his head and Billy Packer started crying, BWAH. HAHAHAHA

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nope. He dribbled his head and Billy Packer started crying, BWAH. HAHAHAHA
Watch the video frame by frame. That famous still photo is of Rod diving for a ball. The head dribble came a second or so later.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Watch the video frame by frame. That famous still photo is of Rod diving for a ball. The head dribble came a second or so later.

Looks to me like he was diving but definitely included an intentional forearm shiver to the head. Then the two handled head dribble. Love the whole sequence. :)

Reaction Score
Exactly - hated BP so much back then!!
Packer was awful in the 1999 championship, he was such a Duke homer & hated UConn. He kept saying UConn players were pushing off or somehow committing infractions- now & then Jim Nantz would challenge him, but eventually even Nantz knew it was hopeless.

Reaction Score
Packer was awful in the 1999 championship, he was such a Duke homer & hated UConn. He kept saying UConn players were pushing off or somehow committing infractions- now & then Jim Nantz would challenge him, but eventually even Nantz knew it was hopeless.
Completely true - extremely ACC biased

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member