Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per a KU Insider:

Cooper Flagg | PF | #1 Overall Recruit for 2024
32.png

• Kansas is in this recruitment for real. Flagg is generally considered a Duke lean, but KU isn’t backing off. He’s the Jayhawks’ top target for 2024, and I’m Hearing genuine belief that they’re in this thing.
  • Flagg is a legitimate star and will bring extraordinary hype wherever he goes.
  • There’s thought that KU is a better fit from a basketball perspective for the PF. Bill Self is commanding serious respect here.
  • I view this recruitment as KU vs. Duke, and I think it’s a toss-up right now, which I wouldn’t have said two weeks ago. I’ll have more to come.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Per a KU Insider:

32.png

• Kansas is in this recruitment for real. Flagg is generally considered a Duke lean, but KU isn’t backing off. He’s the Jayhawks’ top target for 2024, and I’m Hearing genuine belief that they’re in this thing.
  • Flagg is a legitimate star and will bring extraordinary hype wherever he goes.
  • There’s thought that KU is a better fit from a basketball perspective for the PF. Bill Self is commanding serious respect here.
  • I view this recruitment as KU vs. Duke, and I think it’s a toss-up right now, which I wouldn’t have said two weeks ago. I’ll have more to come.
Wishful thinking. Hawks have a shot. Huskies have a shot. Duke probably has the best shot. Before he reclassed, I think Duke might have lost him. Both UConn and KU would have holes at PF and Duke would have Boozer. Self doesn't have some unique approach to using a PF with skills.

I'd be surprised if Flagg makes a basketball decision here. These three schools won't affect his future vs each other. Pick the place you like best and feel comfortable.

Reaction Score
Per a KU Insider:

32.png

If UConn isn't his choice, I hope he goes anywhere but Kansas. Just IMO.

Reaction Score
I'm anti-Kansas, anti-Duke and anti-Kentucky. I can live with anyone else. I'm actual sorry for the sorry state of Cuse and BC basketball to even hate on them anymore.
I’d rather he go to UNC than Duke or Kansas. And certainly Kentucky if they were in the mix.

Reaction Score
Both Wake and Duke were initially religious schools (Duke was Methodist, Wake was Baptist) who have been somewhat aligned since each was formed a couple decades before the Civil War. The story I was told was that Duke took the Blue Devils nickname from a WWI military unit. Wake then created theirs as a slight takeoff of Blue Devils (Demon vs Devil).

It could all be BS but for the most part I trust the source (a Wake grad I worked with nearly four decades ago).
I get the Devil and Demon deal, but combining it with a deacon is next level weird.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I get the Devil and Demon deal, but combining it with a deacon is next level weird.
Cannot agree more. Add to that the mascot that would scare the living out of anyone younger than twelve.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Both Wake and Duke were initially religious schools (Duke was Methodist, Wake was Baptist) who have been somewhat aligned since each was formed a couple decades before the Civil War. The story I was told was that Duke took the Blue Devils nickname from a WWI military unit. Wake then created theirs as a slight takeoff of Blue Devils (Demon vs Devil).

It could all be BS but for the most part I trust the source (a Wake grad I worked with nearly four decades ago).
A lot of lung cancer came out of both those schools

Reaction Score

All of sudden fan-based articles and general publications are forgetting/ignoring/entirely discounting us.

Are we that far off the radar?

I still trust DH and staff's ability to nail commitments from visits. But the vibe concerns me. Convince me otherwise.

The smugness of KU fans is getting under my skin.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Let's hope the day of reckoning comes for them on the court and we steamroll again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They are cute little program. All the smugness, but less Championships.
5 >4

A personal highlight for me was putting a head in front again of the program that hired Naismith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom