Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
When the family said if you want a visit, we’re coming the weekend of 9/22 (and also dictated the dates of the other visits), should they have said no thanks? Just say you have no idea how current recruiting works.
I acknowledged that already but if you want to ignore that just to take a shot at me go for it.

I never even blamed Hurley for it because I can’t imagine this was the ideal time he wanted Flagg to come in for the visit. I was just saying it was a terrible time considering our own first night was right there.

If that was the date Flagg pushed for then it almost feels like trolling considering the other situations he’ll be visiting for elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I acknowledged that already but if you want to ignore that just to take a shot at me go for it.

I never even blamed Hurley for it because I can’t imagine this was the ideal time he wanted Flagg to come in for the visit. I was just saying it was a terrible time considering our own first night was right there.

If that was the date Flagg pushed for then it almost feels like trolling considering the other situations he’ll be visiting for elsewhere.
Yep, that's it! Cooper Flagg visited UConn to troll them.

Good lord, just when I thought the takes couldn't possibly get any worse...

Reaction Score
No, the overarching point is that he’s going to be comparing his in person experience with our fan base to how they were at a football game while on the other visits he’s going to get an in person experience of the fan bases at crazy first nights for the basketball team.

When we’re trying to climb an uphill battle it’s a bad punch to throw.

Responding that he doesn’t care about football or anything that has to do with how good our football team isn’t is being purposefully obtuse at this point and lacking reading comprehension. That’s not the point.
So your view is that the best player to come out of New England in recent memory, who grew up in a basketball playing family, hasn't watched enough UConn games to have an idea of what its crowds are like at a basketball game? He didn't even watch last year, when a friend of the family was helping a team win a national championship? Sure, that's a reasonable assumption.

Wherever he goes to college, he's going for 7 months. And he'll be able to score with attractive women no matter how many or few are on campus. He's the child of a college basketball player playing at a basketball factory masquerading as a prep school. He will make his choice based on what will help his development and which group of coaches and players he wants to play with for one season. And he has access to whatever information he needs without having to see a Midnight Madness practice in person.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So your view is that the best player to come out of New England in recent memory, who grew up in a basketball playing family, hasn't watched enough UConn games to have an idea of what its crowds are like at a basketball game? He didn't even watch last year, when a friend of the family was helping a team win a national championship? Sure, that's a reasonable assumption.

Wherever he goes to college, he's going for 7 months. And he'll be able to score with attractive women no matter how many or few are on campus. He's the child of a college basketball player playing at a basketball factory masquerading as a prep school. He will make his choice based on what will help his development and which group of coaches and players he wants to play with for one season. And he has access to whatever information he needs without having to see a Midnight Madness practice in person.
You don’t think that kind of experience is different in person?

Reaction Score
You don’t think that kind of experience is different in person?

Is it different to experience it in person in terms of getting to feel the energy? Of course it is. Having said that, in attempting to make a rational decision, it's not about feeling the energy in a building. It's knowing it's there. He is looking at three schools for which, if he goes there, he will play in front of large, rabid crowds. Since you know that, and I know that, why would you think he's not smart enough to know that?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah. Power is a stud but isn’t projected to be more than a 2nd round pick. If they don’t get PN, they have no center and two very long skilled PFs. Duke should have wings to spare, so I doubt either can play much SF. Do they play Power or Flagg as small ball 5s?

Kansas has a top center coming in. KJ Adams would be a senior PF, he’s unlikely to get drafted unless he starts shooting 3s this year. They have some guards and SFs but really nobody who Flagg would compete with. Adams could play SF.

UConn should be a good situation. Wide open if Alex leaves, but even if he doesn’t they can make it work. All depends on what Flagg is expecting and how that fits in to each of these teams.
Yeah based on this we seem to have the best fit roster wise. Duke for sure seems like the worse.

If he goes there it’s just because he really, really wanted to go there.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Is it different to experience it in person in terms of getting to feel the energy? Of course it is. Having said that, in attempting to make a rational decision, it's not about feeling the energy in a building. It's knowing it's there. He is looking at three schools for which, if he goes there, he will play in front of large, rabid crowds. Since you know that, and I know that, why would you think he's not smart enough to know that?
Do you bring your first dates to Applebees too?

It’s not like that should factor into her decision once she gets to know you’re a very well off lawyer with a lot going for himself. The Applebees isn’t going to matter in the bigger picture, right?

Even with her other dates with successful men bringing her to Fleming’s.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Following recruiting is less rational.

Reaction Score
We have the weirdest fanbase and I like the Red Sox and Browns so that's saying something. Superiority, Inferiority, insecurity and stupidity all wrapped up in a nice tidy package. We are quite the catch.
Bullseye.
IMG_2126.gif

Reaction Score
Seriously some of you are just totally out of touch with reality. A HS kid as highly touted as Flagg doesn't give a fig how the terrible UConn football team does on the field, or the fan turnout at the game, or where he had dinner Friday night. Chill out you clowns. It's a long shot for him to come here anyways, but hopefully he had a good time hanging out with his potential future teammates and got a good sense of how close the team is.

And anyone that's outside of 99 and a few others that are claiming any sort of insider knowledge warrant even less respect than the normal mouth breathing boneyard poster.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, who are these "insiders'" ?

What did AD do wrong?

( I do not mean to sound like I am challenging this. Learned some bad news--had negative family issue weekend--am sorry )
No need to apologize, it's ok to challenge this. It is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom