Coombs to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Coombs to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not buying that MW would have to wait even 1 year for a starting spot at UCONN or ND. Not buying that she will demonstrate more "character" by coming to UCONN. Not buying that UCONN will struggle if MW doesn't come to UCONN.
AGREE. Her decision to go somewhere other than UCONN would not be due to lack of character. Players decisions are based on their own priorities and what their feel/perception of a program. If MW chose somewhere other than UCONN it would be mean that an NC and opportunity to gain the most improvement in her game for the next level were not as important as other factors. Read what Coombs said about the relationship she developed with the coaches at UCONN being a big part of her decision. It doesn't matter what future players commit to any other program, UCONN will continue to dominate!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From everything I've read, Megan Walker is a person of very high character. That doesn't mean that she will come to UConn, however. In terms of playing time, Megan is good enough to get major minutes as a freshman. She may not start, but even the great Breanna Stewart, Maya Moore, and Diana Taurasi didn't start until injuries or graduation gave them the chance. Megan will be one heck of a player.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
That must have been written by Bria Hartley. ;)

I don't see Geno's height listed in his bio.
Google "Geno Auriemma." Wikipedia will be on the left side of the page while on the right side you will see many photos of THE MAN:below the pics you will see his height listed.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Google "Geno Auriemma." Wikipedia will be on the left side of the page while on the right side you will see many photos of THE MAN:below the pics you will see his height listed.
on the Google search page that pops up its listed... but clicking on the "link" there which sends you to the Wikipedia page of him its not listed.

Thats a Google goof not a Wikipedia goof

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score

I think Google might be pulling info from famousheights.net, which lists Geno's height at 6' 0.75".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Got it. Thanks. That's not on Wikipedia per se, but I agree that Geno has never been 6'1".

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great kid. Looking forward to seeing her play at UCONN. Good job by Geno and staff.

Just curious: Is her surname pronounced as "Kohms," or "Kooms?"

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Got it. Thanks. That's not on Wikipedia per se, but I agree that Geno has never been 6'1".

In the spirit of "Fletch," I think Geno probably was 6'1" back in the 70s, when you included his hair :D

[this pic is from the 80s]

geno young.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member