Coombs to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coombs to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I keep saying this, but there may come a time when Geno won't need to recruit. He's just gonna need a velvet rope.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, we have Espinoza-Hunter, Gordon, and Coombs, plus the transfers of Camara and Stevens, all ready to play in 2017. Plus Walker will decide in September, and Horvat has interest. That group of 7 would be a top 5 team. The "others" include Olympian Kia, Gabbulous, Lou, Napheesa, Natalie, Crystal, Molly, and Kyla. Yikes! Shades of 2001. On steroids.

HGN

Reaction Score
Welcome Mikayla. Now all we need is just one more.;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Things keep looking better and better!

Yes. It looks like the recruiting drought is over for the Huskies. I love it!!!! I concur with Gus, this pleases me. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes. We all know of whom you speak. She would be the nuts on top of the sundae. :D

r87966_800x450_16-9.jpg

If we get Megatron, I'll go NUTS.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
This year's GA state class AA championship. Only watched the first 4 min so far, but the level is pretty high, and Mikayla is impressive going to the rim.

HGN

Reaction Score
Yes. We all know of whom you speak. She would be the nuts on top of the sundae. :D
It would indeed be the nuts , and whipped cream, on top of the sundae. I just hope I am not asking too much for just one more ' Get' for Uconn.

The NBA Commissioner just talked about Super Teams. Said he didn't like them. But when I think about it that is the NBA , A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEAGUE AND GENDER.

Nothing wrong with Uconn having a Super Team. They already have Super coach.

Reaction Score
So how does the roster look now? Getting crowded much?

Getting to look that way.........I assume UConn would still
love to get one of the 2018 bigs and M Walker too plus Christyn Williams in 2018..........curious to know how Notre Dame compares in terms of commitments at this time.........any thoughts on that Dillon or Orangutan? Also Texas may now be more in play for Walker as they will offer more opportunity to start right away.............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This year's GA state class AA championship. Only watched the first 4 min so far, but the level is pretty high, and Mikayla is impressive going to the rim.

Nice steal and coast to coast drive past several players at 5:38 of the 1st. Nice layup at 5:03.

Reaction Score
Good for Coach Geno for attending Pat's memorial service. Very gracious of him. Shows he understands what Pat Summitt meant to the game of basketball, as well as to the status of women in our society.

Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed
Robin Roberts ask the coaches from afar in the audience to stand, amazing, so many: VanDerveer, Meier, Auriemma, Cole, Staley & on & on & on

Reaction Score

Wondered who this Kayla Pointer is who is ripping through Coombs' team in the state championship. Seems she's ranked $14 nationally. Very impressive guard!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mikayla just recently played AAU ball at the Battle in the Boro. Blue Star has player reviews.

Mikayla Coombs – 2017 – 5-11 – Guard – FBC Mo 2017 Smooth, athletic and strong guard…Go to player…Will get by most to get to the rim…Shoots the three-pointer if you defend the drive…Penetrates and kicks if you help on defense…Plays with swagger

2016 Battle In The Boro Wrap Up - Bluestar Media

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Getting to look that way....I assume UConn would still
love to get one of the 2018 bigs and M Walker too plus Christyn Williams in 2018.....curious to know how Notre Dame compares in terms of commitments at this time....any thoughts on that Dillon or Orangutan? Also Texas may now be more in play for Walker as they will offer more opportunity to start right away...
After the 2017-18 season there are three graduating with a fourth eligible to enter the WNBA - the roster is currently at 13 for that season, with two players still in play. That would leave a team of 9-12 players assuming that there are no transfers (Uconn is averaging one transfer out every year for recent history.) I would say that yes, they will be interested in a class of two or three minimum with height being a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom