Congratulations to Notre Dame... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Congratulations to Notre Dame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NO NO NO...that type of behavior is NEVER justified...If my child did that, I would be very angry and embarrassed...In sports, as in anything else in life, you must learn to both lose and win GRACEFULLY.
I didn't say it was justified. I just don't think it is worth getting upset over. Besides, what can we do about it that would resolve anything?

Reaction Score
What annoys me is seeing ND on TV so much here in CT, particularly football. It seems more like a corporation than a college. Never did like them.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
What annoys me is seeing ND on TV so much here in CT, particularly football. It seems more like a corporation than a college. Never did like them.

They are a corporation.. NBC owns them

Reaction Score
it was a tight, close game all the way till about 7 minutes left when UCONN simply stopped scoring. Great season for the Irish, and as disappointed as I am, i think ND showed they are just slightly better than UCONN this year - at least so far.

I'm not sure that UCONN has answers this year, but they perhaps can take consolation in the fact that last year ND lost 3 times but beat UCONN when it mattered the most...

and by the way, congrats to the great job Kim Barnes-Arico has done at SJU who totally earned the #2 seed in the BET after beating UCONN last week. i'm actually looking forward to a rematch vs. SJU. not so much a rematch with ND...

one last thing i want to add - there were many of us who rolled our eyes at people who predicted a good number of losses this year including the NCAA's. if we fail to win the BET and lose in the NCAA's, that will be 6 losses - quite a bit more than i would have thought.

having said that, take advantage now, the rest of WCBB. cuz next year, we're goin' on a roll!!
Good post and ND absolutely deserves the the title of BE Champion. And, lets stop moaning about some kid making noise in the UConn locker room. Doesn't make the ND team public enemy number one. ND is a better team right now the UConn. And if anybody here doesn't see that then they are in very serious denial.
Congrats to ND and I will be very happy to see their Seniors graduate.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After a few hours and taking a step back, the Brusczewski incident already seems less important. It was initially shocking and disappointing to hear about it largely because no UConn player would behave that way after a win, and because one of the greatest players to ever play WCBB was sitting in that UConn locker room in tears. But the reality is that Brusczewski is no longer on the ND team, and this year's UConn team has more to be concerned about than what some former player said after last year's loss. This is ND's year. Right now it's the better team. UConn needs get better and hope for a rematch next week. After that it's on to the NCAAs. Brusczewski was once a distant memory and she needs to be that once again.

Reaction Score
After a few hours and taking a step back, the Brusczewski incident already seems less important. It was initially shocking and disappointing to hear about it largely because no UConn player would behave that way after a win, and because one of the greatest players to ever play WCBB was sitting in that UConn locker room in tears. But the reality is that Brusczewski is no longer on the ND team, and this year's UConn team has more to be concerned about than what some former player said after last year's loss. This is ND's year. Right now it's the better team. UConn needs get better and hope for a rematch next week. After that it's on to the NCAAs. Brusczewski was once a distant memory and she needs to be that once again.
You'd never cut it as a fan of either Georgia Tech or Georgia. This is the stuff that feeds the legendary "clean old fashioned hate" between the two programs. LOL.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You'd never cut it as a fan of either Georgia Tech or Georgia. This is the stuff that feeds the legendary "clean old fashioned hate" between the two programs. LOL.

Very true. But it's clear after tonight's game that the incident didn't provide enough motivation for the team to take it to ND. So, what's the point? It's just something for UConn fans to be riled up about. I'd rather the team play better and win.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Right but she was a team captain, according to her ND profile:

"Team co-captain for 2010-11"

Bad enough that a team member did it, but as a captain, she had additional responsibility to behave according to a higher standard. For me, this is not over.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Very true. But it's clear after tonight's game that the incident didn't provide enough motivation for the team to take it to ND. So, what's the point? It's just something for UConn fans to be riled up about. I'd rather the team play better and win.
BINGO...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

didnt hear that part, thanks!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

are Cappie, EPip, and Nicole Michaels distant memories also?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
are Cappie, EPip, and Nicole Michaels distant memories also?
They aren't memories at all for most Husky fans except for the negatives they did. That's why my mom always said "Carry yourself every moment like this moment is the last thing will remember about you."

Reaction Score
UConn suffers from Moore-itis. No one to go to when a play is needed or a score, especially at or near the end of a game. Their is a complete void or nothingness. The tank is empty!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ND deserves props for everything they did last night. They executed, we too often did not.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I agree, but their attitude still bugs me..:(
Didn't say I'm crazy about that either. They always annoy me, any off their teams. Must be a protestant Reformation hangover.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sad to say, the game went as JSloan and a few other of us had thought it might. Too bad.
We were outplayed, they were better, end of story. But there were good signs and the season is far from over and you remember what happened last year; it is possible that there are 2 more games with Notre Dame. I especially liked Steph's reaction to her humiliation the other night and KLM's post play; good harbingers for the future. I think of the mantra about returning ACL's: its only the second year that players get real confident. We may yet see much more out of Caroline.
Better games out of Kelly and Bria and the result might have been different, Funny, I feel positive about the future, I mean the near future... although still a bit concerned about the rotations this year and the obvious mental and physical fatigue that's certainly affecting play and the causes thereof.

Reaction Score
Very well said, Eric. We lost to the better team. I mean when we were up something like 25-18, ND fought back and kept their cool. That, to me, is the sign of a champion and a team that has confidence. Congrats, ND.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Didn't say I'm crazy about that either. They always annoy me, any off their teams. Must be a protestant Reformation hangover.

Ice, you think that has something to do with Mike DiMauro's comment in The Day (which is one of the articles Nan linked to today)?:

No one ever accused the official university of the Vatican of being particularly gracious winners. If they're not blubbering over another "miracle" under the Golden Dome, they're looking down on the heathens with their superiority.

Oops, I just remembered that we're not supposed to discuss religion. But it seeps in sometimes, doesn't it? ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We were outplayed, they were better, end of story. But there were good signs and the season is far from over and you remember what happened last year; it is possible that there are 2 more games with Notre Dame. I especially liked Steph's reaction to her humiliation the other night and KLM's post play; good harbingers for the future. I think of the mantra about returning ACL's: its only the second year that players get real confident. We may yet see much more out of Caroline.
Better games out of Kelly and Bria and the result might have been different, Funny, I feel positive about the future, I mean the near future... although still a bit concerned about the rotations this year and the obvious mental and physical fatigue that's certainly affecting play and the causes thereof.
I agree. As horribly as UConn performed, something that it could not do against a terrific team like ND, it was still in the game with about 5 minutes left. There were bits and pieces of good things happening for the Huskies last night; when the team is mature enough to put it all together theHuskies will be a great squad.

Congrats to ND; the Irish played hard and smart last night and deserved the win.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I agree. As horribly as UConn performed, something that it could not do against a terrific team like ND, it was still in the game with about 5 minutes left. There were bits and pieces of good things happening for the Huskies last night; when the team is mature enough to put it all together theHuskies will be a great squad.

Congrats to ND; the Irish played hard and smart last night and deserved the win.

With Mallory, Novosel, and Peters departing and UConn losing only Tiffany, plus gaining the three freshmen who are arriving in the fall, plus having another year of experience under their belt, a UConn-Notre Dame game in the 2012-2013 season should look very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom