Congrats UConn...good game. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Congrats UConn...good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we're going to have a great series...we still have big wins over #5 Oklahoma State, @#12 Louisville, LSU...and I think we can take Gonzaga at home later this season, so our NCAA spot is secure...UConn, Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, and even SMU look like NCAA teams to me.

Great game UConn!
good game, very competitive, and good intensity. Look forward to this matchup again in CT.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
You're new to the BY but just a suggestion... don't mention people stealing electronics. It's not going to end well for us.

Fair point. Forgot about the laptop stuff.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was at the gym, watched most of 1st half on a bike with TV. When I was done on equipment, still 4:18 left - not enough time to get home, so got back on a bike to watch the end. Have to program a workout to get audio on the TV. With all the dumb turnovers and timeouts, burned another 122 calories.

Anyway, two Pitt guys behind me on ellipticals saw my UConn sweatshirt and were watching over my shoulder. They started commenting on how bad the refs were, especially Brimah's last foul.

I got a few sideways glances from the women around me for cursing out DD on a late TO. Guess it's not a great place to watch a game...

Reaction Score
UConn is a pretty good team. Memphis isn't very good in key moments, they always seem to turn it over when it really matters. All the talent in the world though. Probably because their coach isn't any good.
Why don't you take 2 weeks off this board then never come back.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
You guys sure have a lot of punks on your team, and no that's not a compliment. See what happens when a real team comes to your building?

I'm thinking pissed off #ktard Louisville fan still crying over last weeks beating at home by the tigers!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I think we're going to have a great series...we still have big wins over #5 Oklahoma State, @#12 Louisville, LSU...and I think we can take Gonzaga at home later this season, so our NCAA spot is secure...UConn, Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, and even SMU look like NCAA teams to me.

Great game UConn!
We cool!

War what is it good for?!?!

Reaction Score
Great game for the Huskies! Now that is the kind of basketball I knew they could play. Memphis played a good game as well, but UConn exorcized a couple of demons there (rebounding and front court play in general) and played great! Good Luck against the Cardinals

D

Deleted member 3149

Great game UConn!
Not looking forward to the next one with you guys....you guys are GOOD. Should be a hell of a battle tho!

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I am still trying to figure out Memphis beat Louisville. Memphis really isn't that good. If they didn't shoot out of their minds from three in the first half, this game wouldn't be close. Two home losses including our 16 point beat down and now another dominant late effort from UConn. This isn't C-USA anymore boys!
Come on Kobe, time to take Behanan off your avatar... Also, Memphis is a good team. They beat Ville at home. So you either need to hope they're good or Ville needs to win a game against a decent opponent.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Overall it was a good game. I think Uconn takes the game at XL which makes me scared to play them again in the AACT.

Reaction Score
Overall it was a good game. I think Uconn takes the game at XL which makes me scared to play them again in the AACT.

Whoever draws Memphis in the conference tourney is at a ridiculous disadvantage. That game is going to be discounted. I just hope UConn makes the semis if they draw Memphis, or otherwise the final against them.

This is the huge problem with such a farflung conference. How do you make the conference tournament fair?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Whoever draws Memphis in the conference tourney is at a ridiculous disadvantage. That game is going to be discounted. I just hope UConn makes the semis if they draw Memphis, or otherwise the final against them.

This is the huge problem with such a farflung conference. How do you make the conference tournament fair?
That's why UConn winning this game was very important. If your hypothetical scenario plays out, at least the players know they are capable of winning at that arena. That game was big in so many ways.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

For starters I think having the conference tournament at a neutral location helps.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great game for the Huskies! Now that is the kind of basketball I knew they could play. Memphis played a good game as well, but UConn exorcized a couple of demons there (rebounding and front court play in general) and played great! Good Luck against the Cardinals
Some in this forum hold a grudge against UMass because of the past. Not me. I want you guys to do real well except if it impacts UConn. More teams not ACC and Kentucky doing well makes me thrilled.

Reaction Score
Thanks U Memphis, we needed that game last night big time. You guys have a very good team, hope you stay ranked and that we get back into the rankings as well ;). Well see you guys soon.

Reaction Score

Forget about fair, fair doesn't exist. The tournament should always be at a location that maximizes ticket sales. Memphis is a great location because of the good local fanbase, and a somewhat central location (driving distance for most schools) in a touristy city. From a UCONN standpoint playing in front of a hostile crowd right before the NCAA tournament is not a bad thing, hopefully it toughens the team up.

Florida would also be a great choice for the tournament for other reasons.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
How do you sell tickets?

Look at the BET, 1/3rd of the tix are still available.
True. But the quality of the tournament has degraded when Syracuse, Pitt, ND, UConn, etc all left. Now they have 2 teams ranked and not one Final Four caliber team (you can make a case for Villanova). Before you had 5-7 ranked teams and the finals usually had a team that was top 5 or 10 in the country and could make a serious run in March. The BET kind of lost its luster. I would expect ticket sales to drop.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Come on Kobe, time to take Behanan off your avatar... Also, Memphis is a good team. They beat Ville at home. So you either need to hope they're good or Ville needs to win a game against a decent opponent.

I am not a UofL fan. If you can tell, the avatar is a picture of a UC player dunking on Behanan...

Reaction Score
You're a class act, UofMemphis. Fans of many teams, including our own, could learn a thing or two from you about taking the high road.

I wish you and yours the best of luck. Well... just enough luck to be almost, but not quite, as good as us. ;)

Reaction Score
Very good game. Memphis is a very athletic team and will cause many teams trouble. I can't wait to see them at home. Their crowd was really into it. I see the making of a super rival. Bazz was the bomb and DD was ready. It was nice to see OC contribute, but I still would like to see NG catch and shoot more. He tends to pass up the open shot too often. AB was ok, but we need more from him. Boat loves the handle too much a shuck and a blow bye would work much better.

Reaction Score
This was an important game for our national perception. Think of all the random TV's all over America that are tuned into espn, all graced with our best performance of the season. People will remember this game when its time for seeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom