Congrats UConn...good game. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Congrats UConn...good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was at the gym, watched most of 1st half on a bike with TV. When I was done on equipment, still 4:18 left - not enough time to get home, so got back on a bike to watch the end. Have to program a workout to get audio on the TV. With all the dumb turnovers and timeouts, burned another 122 calories.

Anyway, two Pitt guys behind me on ellipticals saw my UConn sweatshirt and were watching over my shoulder. They started commenting on how bad the refs were, especially Brimah's last foul.

I got a few sideways glances from the women around me for cursing out DD on a late TO. Guess it's not a great place to watch a game...
did the same thing. got on a bike with just under 7 minutes left.
that was the longest 7 minute bike ride I've ever.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great game for the Huskies! Now that is the kind of basketball I knew they could play. Memphis played a good game as well, but UConn exorcized a couple of demons there (rebounding and front court play in general) and played great! Good Luck against the Cardinals

What is the world coming to? It's strange enough to have fans of a conference rival being...pleasant and fair minded (even if all BYers were not), but UMass fans chiming in with good tidings for the Huskies? This has to be a sign of the coming Apocolypse. If anyone runs into a nice, intelligent Syracuse fan, you might want to run for a bomb shelter.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This was an important game for our national perception. Think of all the random TV's all over America that are tuned into espn, all graced with our best performance of the season. People will remember this game when its time for seeding
Depending on how things play out from here, this is probably UConn's watershed game under KO.

It was a much more important game for UConn to win than Memhis. I would go as far as to say that depending how UConn, Memphis, and Cincy do this season relative to Ville, it could be a watershed game for the AAC. The loss for Memphis was a loss in a battle and a gain in the war.

I don't hate Ville for going to the AAC. UConn would have been happy to do it if given the chance. There were other players who I felt hurt the conference as they made their moves. I put Pitt as the worst culprit, and ND a step behind. They undermined the ESPN negotiations that would have at least benefited those left behind. Even Cuse accepted the package as they were negotiating with the ACC.

Beating Ville adds to the credibility of the AAC at the expense of the ACC. So UConn needed the Memphis game for resume building. It needs to beat Louisville for conference building.

Reaction Score
What is the world coming to? It's strange enough to have fans of a conference rival being...pleasant and fair minded (even if all BYers were not), but UMass fans chiming in with good tidings for the Huskies? This has to be a sign of the coming Apocolypse. If anyone runs into a nice, intelligent Syracuse fan, you might want to run for a bomb shelter.

Believe it or not, I can like both programs. I'm not only a UMass grad but I've been employed at Umass since soon after graduation in 1977. I bleed maroon and love the Minutemen. That being said, I'm a sports nut and have followed UConn basketball since the Perno days. Also, my wife is a UConn girl, so we support each other's schools and go to a lot of games. The situation doesn't come up that often where they play each other any more so we don't aggravate each other too much.
I admire the success UConn has enjoyed and truth be told I'm somewhat jealous. UConn made some good decisions over the last couple of decades while UMass did not. I think they are making strides now, but some fear it might be too little too late. I'm not quite that pessimistic, but they definitely have their work cut out for them.
I never quite understood the animosity between the schools but I'm sure those that have them think they have very good reasons (on both sides). I'm an old school guy who misses regional conferences as I thought they were very good for all the schools involved.
I wish UConn well in every thing they do. It is a great school with an accomplished athletic department and they have a lot to be proud of. I'll be in the stands rooting for success except for those instances where we play each other!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm thinking pissed off #ktard Louisville fan still crying over last weeks beating at home by the tigers!
You would be right.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching a well played hard fought game by both teams. I watched a boring Ohio St vs. Minnesota game afterwards. I woke up at 3AM on the couch wondering where the hell I was. B10 games bore the crap out of me.

Reaction Score
I'm just happy we're in a conference where you can lose a game and it's not the end of the world.
This is true lol. I wouldn't expect 30 win seasons either. Great game and can't wait to play again. Fun to watch, too bad the refs were horrible.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Forget about fair, fair doesn't exist. The tournament should always be at a location that maximizes ticket sales. Memphis is a great location because of the good local fanbase, and a somewhat central location (driving distance for most schools) in a touristy city. From a UCONN standpoint playing in front of a hostile crowd right before the NCAA tournament is not a bad thing, hopefully it toughens the team up.

Florida would also be a great choice for the tournament for other reasons.

Cincy's US Bank Arena would be a good location for the mens tourney...put the women at 5/3 Arena.

good fan support...good central location...nice facility.

204.jpg

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Excellent game from a fans point of view no matter who you rooted for. Wish every game would was like this game

Reaction Score
I'm just happy we're in a conference where you can lose a game and it's not the end of the world.
What's funny is we're now in a conference where losing two games is the end if the world

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Cincy's US Bank Arena would be a good location for the mens tourney...put the women at 5/3 Arena.

good fan support...good central location...nice facility.

204.jpg

That arena is very outdated. US Bank Arena needs serious renovations before they can host anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom