Confused On Wilson Recruiting (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Confused On Wilson Recruiting (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow, DD. Seriously waspish today, eh what?

In this thread, he disparaged the Boneyard, not a recruit. You brought that (and your attitude about it) over here.
?
Nice try. You can't lose your baggage by starting a new thread. It don't rub off. He was commenting on the rx he got to his expressed opinion on the way a recruit was handling the process: he did not like the rx to his opinion about that. They are inseparably intertwined. Even a didacticalist - so up on the duality of things - can get that...okay,I made that didactic thing up, but you get my point...maybe?:rolleyes:

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I have a medical procedure tomorrow. I'm a little off.
Sorry to hear it, DD. Hope all goes well and you can return to your normal, irascible self. ;^)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If we were in an episode of Gunsmoke instead of a Basketball chatroom, the floor would be littered with bullet-ridden bodies by now and the piano player would have hightailed it out the door about 40 posts ago.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fair enough on your point.

Still think you're grumpier than usual today, tho.

I think we all are grumpier than usual and I think I know why. SO we all can cut each other a little slack and hope for a better day.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
IN DEFENSE OF “RUDE”

Husky Bill said, I think ..."I like interesting posters"...many times edgy posts of varying intensity qualify as "interesting" If our Mod Squad allows a post, so be it. Imagine if all posters were like me, vanilla and vacuous.

Rude to the poster I have much less problem with than rude to someone you don't know who can't defend herself based on indefensible assumptions.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
?
Nice try. You can't lose your baggage by starting a new thread. It don't rub off. He was commenting on the rx he got to his expressed opinion on the way a recruit was handling the process: he did not like the rx to his opinion about that. They are inseparably intertwined. Even a didacticalist - so up on the duality of things - can get that...okay,I made that didactic thing up, but you get my point...maybe?:rolleyes:

I granted the point on DD's didacticalitynessishness already.

(Which is a really long way around saying I wish I didn't have to ;^)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I don't know when I am going to stop laughing man! But thanks.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Rude to the poster I have much less problem with than rude to someone you don't know who can't defend herself based on indefensible assumptions.
I'm guessing you're making an incorrect assumption about Aja. If she were here she'd just knock the hat off the guy to make Fishy happy.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
...unless you have enough self-confidence to not take it personally when others disagree with you.

We all jump on the rude or ignorant ones. Informed disagreements are encouraged, especially if they're respectful.

There are a couple of posters that don't fit that mode. For them any disagreement will illicit a rude response.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We value couth.
I love the word "couth." My parents used to say it all the time, as in "Have some couth." Don't think I've heard it, seen it or thought about it in decades. Thanks for reminding me of it so I can now use it with my own children, and they can look at me like I'm embarrassing them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This would have been supported on the men's board???

Let's not say that it would have been supported. Herb just would have had company on the gigantic bonfire we'd have had to build to dispose of his remains.

Someone would have agreed with him and the end result would have probably been quite a bit uglier.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I've observed a lot of commentary in this forum that are opinions and not necessarily fact based. For instance Stef taking three's vs. playing in the post. That's the primary type of discussion that takes place in the men's forum and the discussion is very informative. It's the tonality of the language that is different. People just express themselves and are not concerned if the manner they speak will be condoned or attacked. I like a little spice in people so that behavior doesn't offend me.

It is refreshing in a way because not many people in that forum wear masks to disguise their persona. We are so conditioned to "behave" in a certain manner we tend to forget who was that child our parents gave birth to as opposed to the child society says we have to be.
I did a census years ago that may still apply. The fans on the men's board tend to be on the younger end of the age spectrum while the women's board posters are older. We have septuagenarians and octogenarians here, many of whom think of the players as surrogate children (or grandchildren). Interestingly, the majority of posters on both boards are male. There certainly are more women posting on this board but we're in the minority.

Different age groups = different attitudes and approaches.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

You need to come back East sometime so I can introduce you to doggydaddy and some of the other loony toons I hang out with at games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom