Conference Award Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conference Award Predictions

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cool. Guess I'll post the Big South and MEAC all conference teams when they are announced ;)

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Its not a team award, Wilson should win it for SEC she is #1 in three categories and like in the top 3 in all of the categories to include defensive statistics. It will be hard for Vivians to get that award given that she has had much more help and probably started way behind Wilson in the process. Heck Wilson will probably win NPOY and her stats work for it.
To paraphrase what you stated, NPOY is not a lifetime achievement award and as good as Wilson's stats may be Katie Lou Samuelson is the best player on the best team. Samuelson's stats will never rival other candidates because Geno doesn't coach that way and Connecticut doesn't play that way. Wilson has better number's albeit not by much, Ionescu is more dynamic, and Kalani Brown is more dominant but Katie Lou is the straw that stirs the drink for the nation's best team. That's why she's the NPOY and I didn't believe that before the season began.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How the heck did Tara get coach of the year in the Pac 12
9 losses and you are coach of the year? 3 blow out losses of those 9 losses.
I could see Graves I could see Rueck, I could even see Trach at USC. Head bang

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The conference awards are for conference play. Stanford did quite well in conference play.

Reaction Score
I would have voted for the USC coach. He has done an amazing job with those kids. USC is a scary opponent. All the PAC12 coaches, analysts, etc. agree, nobody wants to play USC in the PAC12 tournament. If USC wins their 1st game, then they get Stanford next.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score

Totally agree. Stanford played the easier schedule, and lost to Cal. Look at the PAC conference players, i.e. Anigwe over Thomas, then just stick a name on from the teams that were pretty bad, just a joke this year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The conference awards are for conference play. Stanford did quite well in conference play.
I am not doubting your post but after reading the press releases for the winners. Sabrina, Sabouly, Canada, etc, they quote season or career records that include all games, not just Pac12 games, Also the Farm only had to play the Oregon teams once this year.
There are better choices IMO

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am not doubting your post but after reading the press releases for the winners. Sabrina, Sabouly, Canada, etc, they quote season or career records that include all games, not just Pac12 games, Also the Farm only had to play the Oregon teams once this year.
There are better choices IMO
It's a two-way street. The Oregon schools only had to play Stanford once as well — and they got to play at home. So maybe it's OU and OSU who caught a break, considering Stanford swept them in the state of Oregon.

Reaction Score
don't know if any of the Boneyard watched the PAC12 Awards show yesterday? It was announced that Jordin Canada was the coach's defensive POY in PAC12. Jordin was than interviewed.

Then I see today on the PAC12 website this article: 2017-18 Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Media Awards Announced. Marie Gulich was "co-defensive" POY along with Canada in the PAC12 by the meida. Glad to see the media give Marie recognition for her great defensive skills.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom