bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Here's mine for the top 5 + AAC:

SEC:
POY-Victoria Vivians, Mississippi State
COY-Vic Schaefer, Mississippi State
FOY-Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M

I think it'll be a shame if it goes to Wilson over Vivians. Mississippi State put together the SEC's first undefeated regular season in 20 years, and they finished 4 games ahead of South Carolina.

ACC:
POY-Asia Durr, Louisville
COY-Muffett McGraw, Notre Dame
FOY-???

No idea who are standout freshmen in this conference.

Big Ten:
POY-Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
COY-Marlene Stollings, Minnesota
FOY-Sidney Cooks, Michigan State

Big 12:
POY-Kalani Brown, Baylor
COY-Kim Mulkey, Baylor
FOY-Alexis Morris, Baylor

I don't know enough about the other freshmen in the conference...Morris has good numbers though for Baylor

Pac 12:
POY: Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
COY: Kelly Graves, Oregon
FOY: Satou Sabally, Oregon

AAC:
POY: Katie Lou Samuelson, Connecticut
COY: Geno Auriemma, Connecticut
FOY: ?? No idea. One of you can help me with this one.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Like I said in another thread Lexie Brown > Asia Durr..... but Durr will get the Player of the Year. Freshman year in the ACC will be Janelle Bailey from that school in Orange County.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Like I said in another thread Lexie Brown > Asia Durr..... but Durr will get the Player of the Year. Freshman year in the ACC will be Janelle Bailey from that school in Orange County.

Brown has been great but I don't see her winning it. It's more likely to go to Durr or Ogunbowale. All 3 have had very nice years though.

Reaction Score
American:
P-Samuelson, UCONN
C-Hughey, Houston
F-Thomas, Cincinnati

ACC:
P-Durr, Louisville
C-McGraw, Notre Dame
F-Bailey, North Carolina

B1G:
P-Charles, Maryland
C-Williams, Nebraska
F-Pitts, Minnesota

BIG 12:
P-Brown, Baylor
C-Mulkey, Baylor
F-Miller, Oklahoma State

PAC-12:
P-Ionescu, Oregon
C-Graves, Oregon
F-Sabally, Oregon

SEC:
P-Wilson, South Carolina
C-Schaefer, Mississippi State
F-Carter, Texas A&M

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season I would have predicted one of the UConn's freshmen would win POY and at least two would make the All Freshmen team. Now it looks like maybe Megan makes the All Freshmen team. However, I wouldn't be surprised if UConn wasn't shut out on the All Freshmen team.

How many UConn players make the All Conference team? I'll say KLS or Gabby will be player of the year. Kia, KLS and Gabby will be on the All Conference team. Crystal and Napheesa make 2nd team. Don't know if there is a limit on the number of players from the same team can make all conference. If there isn't, then Napheesa might also make All Conference.

Reaction Score
Its not a team award, Wilson should win it for SEC she is #1 in three categories and like in the top 3 in all of the categories to include defensive statistics. It will be hard for Vivians to get that award given that she has had much more help and probably started way behind Wilson in the process. Heck Wilson will probably win NPOY and her stats work for it.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Brown has been great but I don't see her winning it. It's more likely to go to Durr or Ogunbowale. All 3 have had very nice years though.

Durr is getting it from the media, no doubt. Probably from the coaches, too, but I could at least imagine that going another way.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Durr is getting it from the media, no doubt. Probably from the coaches, too, but I could at least imagine that going another way.

She's the Aja Wilson of the ACC :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Aw, bless your heart for being such a full faith and blind supporter of all that is green! Let me run some numbers by you:
Durr- 33 min 13-18 FG 0 steals, 3 Reb, 4 Assist, 0 turnovers 36 points...
Arike-33 min 2-9 FG, 1 steal, 2 Reb, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 5 points

It's Durr every day and twice on Sunday for the POY award. Add in the probably anti-ND award bias in the league and I think Walz gets COY as well. Again, Muffet has done a great job but she still has top talent in the 7 kids that remained playing. Hoopgurlz rating in their HS Senior Year
Westbeld-#21
Koko-#39
Shepard-#3
Ogunbawale-#10
Mabry-#24
Young-#11
Patterson-#30

Hines-Allen-#34
Durr-#2
Carter-#77
Fuhring-#60
Shook-#17
Jaz Jones-#43
Zambrotta-#56
Dunham- greater than #100
Evans-#9
Duvall-#24
Kakala-#25

So, You tell me who has more talent?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Aw, bless your heart for being such a full faith and blind supporter of all that is green!

Can you please tell me why you are trying to incite me? I didn't even mention Ogunbowale or anything about Notre Dame and here you are insulting me. Totally unnecessary.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma has two Freshman that have really stepped up. One of them will probably win FOY. I can't think of any other Freshman in Big12 that have done more.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Let's play a game of blind resume. Who ya got?

upload_2018-2-26_14-19-32.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oklahoma has two Freshman that have really stepped up. One of them will probably win FOY. I can't think of any other Freshman in Big12 that have done more.
Alexis Morris is very deserving, but Shaina Pellington should get it IMO.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Can you please tell me why you are trying to incite me? I didn't even mention Ogunbowale or anything about Notre Dame and here you are insulting me. Totally unnecessary.
My sincerest apologies, as I really did not mean to incite you, but you did mention you could see it going another way and with Louisville winning the league, I just don't see it that way. Add in the dialogue from the game yesterday and I have a hair trigger on Arike. I just see her with tremendous talent who disappears at crucial points in games. 4th qtr vs. UConn, 1-5 fg, 3 points and this was after she started out great but with the game in the balance, she did not live up to the expectations a POY needs to. So I noted what most voters should, in the head to head Arike did not play well and Durr has been pretty great against the top teams at the time they played them-tOSU-47 pts; Oregon-26 pts; Duke-22 pts; UConn-20 pts. Durr's lone exception was FSU with 11 points.

Within the thread, I also wanted to point out to the collective group that yes, Muffet has been very good this year but it's not like she is doing this with mirrors, she is not bereft of talent. So inadvertently, you became collateral damage...sorry.

Reaction Score
Alexis Morris is very deserving, but Shaina Pellington should get it IMO.

My exact thoughts. Alexis and Didi both have done a lot for the Bears. On paper OU's freshman have done more. Watching Morris a few games, you see how big she is for BU.

Reaction Score
Does no one think that Megan Gustafson is the Big 10 player of the year?

I do.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
SEC:
POY-Victoria Vivians, Mississippi State
COY-Joni Mitchell, Georgia (I personally think she did a heck of a job getting Georgia to a 3rd place finish. Vic brought back a good nucleus)
FOY-Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M (WITHOUT QUESTION--This one isn't even close IMO)

ACC:
POY-Asia Durr, Louisville
COY-MM, Notre Dame
FOY-Janelle Bailey North Carolina

Big Ten:
POY-Megan Gustafson, Iowa (she should be an AA this year. PERIOD)
COY-Amy Williams, Nebraska
FOY-Lindsey Pulliam, Northwestern (could also be Destiny Pitts of Minnesota. I went with Pulliam because of the Chicago tie and I have seen her live)

Big 12:
POY-Kalani Brown, Baylor
COY-Kim Mulkey, Baylor
FOY-Braxtin Miller, Oklahoma State

Pac 12:
POY: Marie Gulich, Oregon State
COY: Kelly Graves, Oregon
FOY: Satou Sabally, Oregon

AAC:
POY: Katie Lou Samuelson, Connecticut
COY: Katie Abrahamson, UCF
FOY: Imari Thomas, Cincinnati

Reaction Score
My sincerest apologies, as I really did not mean to incite you, but you did mention you could see it going another way and with Louisville winning the league, I just don't see it that way. Add in the dialogue from the game yesterday and I have a hair trigger on Arike. I just see her with tremendous talent who disappears at crucial points in games. 4th qtr vs. UConn, 1-5 fg, 3 points and this was after she started out great but with the game in the balance, she did not live up to the expectations a POY needs to. So I noted what most voters should, in the head to head Arike did not play well and Durr has been pretty great against the top teams at the time they played them-tOSU-47 pts; Oregon-26 pts; Duke-22 pts; UConn-20 pts. Durr's lone exception was FSU with 11 points.

Within the thread, I also wanted to point out to the collective group that yes, Muffet has been very good this year but it's not like she is doing this with mirrors, she is not bereft of talent. So inadvertently, you became collateral damage...sorry.
Durr did nothing in the 1st half against Uconn. When the game was pretty much decided.

Reaction Score
Big Ten:
POY-Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
COY-Marlene Stollings, Minnesota
FOY-Sidney Cooks, Michigan State

The Big Ten is my conference, and in my opinion you got three strikes.

Reaction Score
Durr did nothing in the 1st half against Uconn. When the game was pretty much decided.

Durr was also the player who got them even remotely close towards the end.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom