Completely inept in every phase | The Boneyard

Completely inept in every phase

Reaction Score
We only saw two out of three. I wouldn’t call garbage time in the fourth quarter comparable to 12 quarters, and three starts, that Mike and Jack had . I still think if Steven Krajewski gets an opportunity he will produce. That sideline pass he made today had some zip on it. Good luck this year but we have a long way to go.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We only saw two out of three. I wouldn’t call garbage time in the fourth quarter comparable to 12 quarters, and three starts, that Mike and Jack had . I still think if Steven Krajewski gets an opportunity he will produce. That sideline pass he made today had some zip on it. Good luck this year but we have a long way to go.

we saw beaudry against wagner. do you think hed look better against indiana?

edsall wont play Steven Krajewski... well because you saw why on his two throws today.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski took the pipe on a training wheels throw. I think you have to give Z a chance to progress. None of these guys are push button ready. Add in incompetent pass protect, the inability to run the ball and a dope for an OC and you get crappy QBs. I swear if Guifre runs another play on 3rd and short out of the pistol or does a deep handoff, I’m going to explode. For goodness sake, try a damn sneak or power formation. Moron.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski took the pipe on a training wheels throw. I think you have to give Z a chance to progress. None of these guys are push button ready. Add in incompetent pass protect, the inability to run the ball and a dope for an OC and you get crappy QBs. I swear if Guifre runs another play on 3rd and short out of the pistol or does a deep handoff, I’m going to explode. For goodness sake, try a damn sneak or power formation. Moron.

With what running back? Mensah?

Reaction Score
Most schools who recruit FCS-level players look inept against Big Ten teams.
Ouch!
Gotta laugh because it showed today what we still need to do to get better. At least we didn't give up many points as last year at this time

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
my apologies if the cookie I ate two hours ago has me coming off as aggressive. not my intention. not really sure why i went with all caps. i'll stop using them if you do, kinda bugging me out now after your response.

Reaction Score
my apologies if the cookie I ate two hours ago has me coming off as aggressive. not my intention. not really sure why i went with all caps. i'll stop using them if you do, kinda bugging me out now after your response.
No worries.

As a fan I'm open to anything at this point.

Attachments

• cm-p022-sst.jpg
    cm-p022-sst.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 18

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Not your fault at all, you are not who I was mocking.

Reaction Score
Yeah the start was, well, horrible. However were not winning anything this year no matter what, thats obvious. Just gotta stick with Jack Zergiotis and have him gradually improve over time. This team is very very young.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s because we were historically bad on D last year but I like the progress this year.

Was hoping for me from the O so far.

Last year the only team we kept under 600 yards was URI. Today’s defensive performance was miles ahead of last year’s crapfest - holding a team to 400 something yards would have been a miracle for that squad.

We are significantly better and we still lost by 35. Tells you everything about how terrible we’ve been and how bad we still are.

Reaction Score
I think people are over reacting to one game. First, let’s look at the positives. Punting was much better today. I thought the defense played decent, but the offense didn’t help the defense today.

As for negatives, the offense was very bad today. Illinois was not ready for Zergiotis and didn’t know how to defend against him. Would he run? How strong was his arm? Indiana had the tape on him and shut him down. They knew he wasn’t going to run with the ball and he would try to stay in the pocket when passing. And he is a true freshman and he lacked poise.

I do think the players are better than last year, but they are still young. It’s hard to beat P5 teams with underdeveloped young players.

My biggest concern is Guiffre. I’m not convinced it’s working.

Reaction Score
I think people are over reacting to one game. First, let’s look at the positives. Punting was much better today. I thought the defense played decent, but the offense didn’t help the defense today.

As for negatives, the offense was very bad today. Illinois was not ready for Zergiotis and didn’t know how to defend against him. Would he run? How strong was his arm? Indiana had the tape on him and shut him down. They knew he wasn’t going to run with the ball and he would try to stay in the pocket when passing. And he is a true freshman and he lacked poise.

I do think the players are better than last year, but they are still young. It’s hard to beat P5 teams with underdeveloped young players.

My biggest concern is Guiffre. I’m not convinced it’s working.
Agreed. Our route concepts are very basic and easy to defend. But that is how Edsall seems to like his offenses.

Reaction Score
The problem is I was lead to believe the team was really really young last year. So if we are very very young this year. Does that mean we were very very very young last year?
In year 9, the excuses wear pretty thin. Edsall is improving the squad but at a snail’s pace, much like offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom