Competition: Focus on South Carolina recruits, Tennessee is all hype. | The Boneyard

Competition: Focus on South Carolina recruits, Tennessee is all hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The lady gamecocks have two top-10 big girls with skills. Te'a Cooper? Are we really supposed to be terrified of the #6 PG in her class? (behind Durr, Carter, lambert, Page, and Higgs? [hoopgurlz]) Diamond is very athletic but gets a lot of her points from uncontested lay-ups off the break. Her FG% is why they lost their last game in the NCAAs.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The lady gamecocks have two top-10 big girls with skills. Te'a Cooper? Are we really supposed to be terrified of the #6 PG in her class? (behind Durr, Carter, lambert, Page, and Higgs? [hoopgurlz]) Diamond is very athletic but gets a lot of her points from uncontested lay-ups off the break. Her FG% is why they lost their last game in the NCAAs.

Diamond is a super star in the making. Her shooting percentage will improve with time so don't be too dismissive of her talents and potential.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Talk about hype? I think "hype" is short for exaggeration. So okay,

Start by providing a scientific, or even logical, explanation of just what is a "lady gamecock."​

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Talk about hype? I think "hype" is short for exaggeration. So okay,

Start by providing a scientific, or even logical, explanation of just what is a "lady gamecock."​

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Te'a Cooper? Are we really supposed to be terrified of the #6 PG in her class? (behind Durr, Carter, lambert, Page, and Higgs? [hoopgurlz])

For whatever it's worth, Cooper might be ranked the 6th best PG by HoopGurlz but she's also 12th overall, plus 3rd at Prospects Nation, 4th at Full Court, and 8th on ASGR's preseason list. I was impressed by her scoring ability at the Boo Williams tourney.

Reaction Score
DD , despite her sometimes erratic shooting is loaded with talent and to not see it, is "interesting".

TENN and SC on paper, are stocked. Whether or not that translates into championships remains to be seen, but personally I like the fact that there are teams out there that rival, or some may say exceed UCONN's talent level.

It makes UCONN titles that much more rewarding, IMO.

Reaction Score
Cooper is the top PG in the class. Durr is the best combo guard. KLS is the best wing/SF

just my opinion

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I didn't know, so I looked it up here. A gamecock is a type of rooster and game fowl - ok, so a rooster is a male, but I didn't know game fowl, so I looked that one up here. Still no mention of ladies. I give up. I am going to settle for my favorite little chicken Hawk

Reaction Score
While evaluating individual players is clearly legitimate, it is misleading to do so separated from team play ... individual play need also be considered in light of team play ... who is individually best, who is next, etc. becomes meaningless when team play and individual play in real-time playing situations are not considered as a whole ... rhetorically, what is the nature of individual and team play in concert? ... any team besides UConn needs to show they can merge these two into a living breathing basketball force that UConn has so often effectively mastered ... the behind the scenes development of team play and individual play will be shown when next season starts ... looking forward to it ...

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Yes DD has superb talent but if you want to win games Coates is much better. TOs and missed FGs don't get the job done. TN won't take a NC from CT. SC might.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The 2014/15 IMHO South Carolina has the better roster. However I think Diamond is a huge difference maker and in 2015/16 IMHO the edge goes back to the Lady Vols. Should be interesting battles like the UConn and ND have been for the last three years. Wouldn't be surprised to see both in the Final Four.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Are we really supposed to be terrified of the #6 PG in her class?

This is just silly talk -- especially after all the UConn fan talk about what UConn player was rated where and how much they grew under Geno's tutelage.

Sounds like someone IS scared, or they wouldn't feel the need to tear down 18 and 19 year olds...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is also loaded on paper and still in on Durr and Ogunbowale. Could be 4 elite teams battling the next few years. I don't buy Tennessee for this year though.

Reaction Score
SC's apparent front line is so big and athletic, I wonder if the game has seen its likes before.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are we really supposed to be terrified of the #6 PG in her class?

This is just silly talk -- especially after all the UConn fan talk about what UConn player was rated where and how much they grew under Geno's tutelage.

Sounds like someone IS scared, or they wouldn't feel the need to tear down 18 and 19 year olds...
Maybe more obsessed than scared. Why else would someone start thread #5,652 to talk about the Tennessee players? To say they don't matter...again?

Reaction Score
SC's apparent front line is so big and athletic, I wonder if the game has seen its likes before.
You mean the game has not seen the likes before since last year's UConn team?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Diamond is a super star in the making. Her shooting percentage will improve with time so don't be too dismissive of her talents and potential.

Yah, especially because she'll have a year off to work on her game and watch what's going on on the floor. That latter bit has helped out a number of players in their day, including Sue Bird.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
DD , despite her sometimes erratic shooting is loaded with talent and to not see it, is "interesting".

TENN and SC on paper, are stocked. Whether or not that translates into championships remains to be seen, but personally I like the fact that there are teams out there that rival, or some may say exceed UCONN's talent level.

It makes UCONN titles that much more rewarding, IMO.

Definitely not. Until Breanna Stewart graduates, no one matches UCONN's talent level on the strength of her alone. She's worth an entire roster of AAs.

Plus next year, we'll have 2 (maybe 3) of the top 5 players in WCBB.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Maybe more obsessed than scared. Why else would someone start thread #5,652 to talk about the Tennessee players? To say they don't matter...again?

Or maybe to stir the pot...I mean, you could tack most of the contents of this thread to the thread you locked....

I'm still trying to answer Kib's question.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

It will really be interesting to see how this massive front line affects UCONN. They will certainly have the depth to keep rotating players in to play aggressive defense in the paint. BG made a lot of her guards look like better defenders than they were because she gave them the freedom to be aggressive on the perimeter and the USC front line could do the same for them.

I suspect that USC and UCONN will be be undefeated going into their match-up next year...at least I hope they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom