Colorado up on LSU double digits

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Talking about big NILs is like major league sports contracts. M

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Kim has a major challenge on her hands. Her team has 3 star players, all of whom became stars by having the ball in their hands and dominating offensive possessions for their respective teams. Now they are all on the same team.

For LSU to be successful, those star players are going to need to resist their egos and sacrifice individual accomplishments for the good of the team. That includes setting screens, passing the ball and playing defense!

If they were all players like Paige Bueckers, who cares far more about her teammates than herself, I’d think “no problem.” But in a world dominated by NIL and social media, it will be interesting to see if LSU’s stars can play together like a team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ouch

CA3C85C3-412A-43DB-A333-F1EFCF93A987.jpeg

Reaction Score
Kim has a major challenge on her hands. Her team has 3 star players, all of whom became stars by having the ball in their hands and dominating offensive possessions for their respective teams. Now they are all on the same team.

For LSU to be successful, those star players are going to need to resist their egos and sacrifice individual accomplishments for the good of the team. That includes setting screens, passing the ball and playing defense!

If they were all players like Paige Bueckers, who cares far more about her teammates than herself, I’d think “no problem.” But in a world dominated by NIL and social media, it will be interesting to see if LSU’s stars can play together like a team.
And none of those 3 so called "stars" are her best talent and player. That is Williams.

Reaction Score

Colorado's social media teams do good work from what I've seen. They earned the right to post what they want.

The game was very entertaining to watch. Like others have said Colorado isn't a team that can be overlooked. Was chatting with another friend about the game who was surprised by the rebounding numbers. I wasn't. That Colorado roster have been well coached on how to fight for position. It was evident last night.

Reaction Score
Just to be clear, Kim will sort this out over the next couple of months. By February LSU will be playing more like a team and be a tough out for most opponents, or at least tougher. It was always surprising that she scheduled Colorado this early. She needed to smash a dozen or so cupcakes before taking on a tournament team from last season, especially one that returns all its starters.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
And none of those 3 so called "stars" are her best talent and player. That is Williams.
Williams had a nice game. But even Williams did a whole lot of 1 on 1 during the game. Kim’s Baylor teams always were among the nation’s leaders in assists. Yesterday, LSU had 13 assists on 29 baskets. Van Lith had 7. Poole, off the bench, had 2. Every other LSU player had either 1 or 0 assists. In comparison, Colorado, who moved the ball exceptionally well, had 24 assists on 33 baskets.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Colorado's social media teams do good work from what I've seen. They earned the right to post what they want.

The game was very entertaining to watch. Like others have said Colorado isn't a team that can be overlooked. Was chatting with another friend about the game who was surprised by the rebounding numbers. I wasn't. That Colorado roster have been well coached on how to fight for position. It was evident last night.
Colorado’s athletic department is having a good year so far. Good for them

Reaction Score
Watched the game last night and kept waiting for LSU to get it together and turn it around and mount a successful comeback. Colorado just took it too them, and kept their foot on the gas. Many LSU players just gave up in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Figured with the addition of Morrow and Van Lith, along with what they already had, LSU had a legit shot at going undefeated. Just goes to show you, don't count your chickens...! Congrats to Colorado, great game!

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score

Exactly.....they have to be team players now and not the star of the show. I said that from day one. Dawn only brings in "filler" players and then only one or two. That approach seems more logical to me.

Reaction Score
Exactly.....they have to be team players now and not the star of the show. I said that from day one. Dawn only brings in "filler" players and then only one or two. That approach seems more logical to me.
Well, SC did also recruit Morrow. Wasn't thrilled with that.

PaoPao was massive get that filled several holes on the team. But you could see that in past performance.

Reaction Score
Williams had a nice game. But even Williams did a whole lot of 1 on 1 during the game. Kim’s Baylor teams always were among the nation’s leaders in assists. Yesterday, LSU had 13 assists on 29 baskets. Van Lith had 7. Poole, off the bench, had 2. Every other LSU player had either 1 or 0 assists. In comparison, Colorado, who moved the ball exceptionally well, had 24 assists on 33 baskets.
LSU looked pathetic trying to press in the fourth quarter. They also have too many players playing out of position. Their game(s) against SC are going to be a bloodbath; who is going to stop Cardoza or any of their three guards?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
LSU did not play team ball imo. Alot of who’s gonna make a play instead of running team offense and letting it take care of itself. That comes from players playing like they suppose to make plays instead of running the offense which should take care of itself. The defense was a step too slow. Colorado ran their offense and their defense worked because they knew who was gonna take the shot so they were able to key in certain players.

Reaction Score
Can’t beat SC with this team. Can they beat Tennessee? I doubt it. Or Arkansas?

Also I rather liked the irony: Forman torched them from 3, rather like what they did to Iowa in the first half.

Reaction Score
I can't say I saw this coming but read the recap and it sounds like LSU was completely outplayed.

Transfers and portal players take time to integrate and I think we as fans sometimes can gloss over that. On paper LSU has the talent but it may take time to put it together.

Congrats to Colorado on what is a big win for their program!

Reaction Score
I can't say I saw this coming but read the recap and it sounds like LSU was completely outplayed.

Transfers and portal players take time to integrate and I think we as fans sometimes can gloss over that. On paper LSU has the talent but it may take time to put it together.

Congrats to Colorado on what is a big win for their program!
Integrating players that are so poorly matched may never happen. If it does, I for one will be very surprised. The final score doesn’t come close to indicate how badly LSU was outplayed in the second half.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the entire game yet, but what I did see surprised me. Colorado just beat em up physically. lol

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
First game of the year so hard to make a conclusion like that at this juncture IMO. Potential is still high for LSU with all of their talent but this game does tell us they're not close to being as good as many predicted they'd be to start the season. Long road ahead but they have a ton of work to do and didn't look like a top 15 team tonight. They likely will (and deserve to) plummet in the polls.
If all teams dictated their seasons by first games, LSU, ND and Ohio State would just go watch their peers in soccer in first-round NCAA soccer games this weekend, rather than lace 'em up and go again. All power to those teams who played decent/good/great (fill in your choice) teams in their respective openers. Of the three, I'm not that surprised by the Irish or Tigers results: Cardoso is very, very good; and, the Irish have to get used to no Lauren Ebo at post, as well as (still) no Olivia Milers. The Tigers have to mesh a "we" out of a lot of "I's."

And they're not big. The Buckeyes are a bit concerning because Taylor Mikesell was a drop-dead, three-pt. shooter. No one on that current team -- including Jacy Sheldon -- comes close. I love Harris and Greene for defense but they worry me at the foul line, let alone the arc. And Celeste Taylor is a streaky mid- to long-range shooter. If on, great. If not, Jacy get's doubled. .

That said, all three will bounce back; sooner, rather than later.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom