Collier in Minnesota | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have become a Lynx fan because Odyssey is now there. So I have watched Pheesa play both of these games and I am not surprised, but damn she has been playing so well. Can't wait to see how she progresses throughout the season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Really good read on Collier & Shepard in the Athletic today. Here's a link in case some of you subscribe - The winning DNA of Lynx rookies Napheesa Collier and Jessica...

And here's a snippet from Cheryl Reeve:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Napheesa is an amazing player. She isn't playing like a Rookie. I can't wait to watch her with Simone this season, and Simone and Maya next season. So far she is still unstoppable :).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Really good read on Collier & Shepard in the Athletic today. Here's a link in case some of you subscribe - The winning DNA of Lynx rookies Napheesa Collier and Jessica...

And here's a snippet from Cheryl Reeve:
View attachment 43586

Good read.
I'm not sure where to put this piece, which focuses primarily on Jessica Shepard and Coach Reeve. On one hand, this thread is rightly focused on Phee, but also is about the Lynx. In any case, this one shows how Shepard and Reeve really wanted Jess to end up with the Lynx. Some input from Jess' college coach.... ;)

Lynx rookie Jessica Shepard is a quick study

My favorite lines/insights from Coach Reeve:

- Reeve told Shepard about how good the WNBA was, how athletic, how fast. Shepard’s best chance was being in peak condition. “I can’t tell you how many times we’ve talked to players and given them information and it’s just not accepted,’’ Reeve said.

A mere months later Reeve turned the TV on to watch Notre Dame’s first game. She saw Shepard, 40 pounds lighter. She was shocked. She texted Shepard asking, “Where did the rest of you go?’’

- A point guard as a youth, Shepard has the knack, which can already be seen in her entry passes to Sylvia Fowles or a cutting Collier. “When you can put the ball in the hands of a post player to make decisions, to shoot, pass, drive, that’s utopia,’’ Reeve said.

Reaction Score
Lynx @ Wings - 6/01/19
Arlington, TX - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports North

League Pass:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Although it wasn't a great offensive game for Napheesa, she seemed to be everywhere. She had FOUR jump balls under the basket, all from her hustle. And, from her point of view, most importantly her team won.

Reaction Score
Boy does that look photoshopped - Pheesa's a bit more robust I think!

Reaction Score
Lynx @ Storm - 6/04/19
Everett, WA - 10:00 PM ET
TV: JoeTV

Twitter stream:

League Pass:

Game page:

ESPN Gamecast:

Reaction Score
63-62 SEA end of third

Collier with 12 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast, 3 stl

Reaction Score