Collier in Minnesota | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The way others were playing the wing position like DD, she should have gotten more time and more importantly, run some damn plays for her. Quigley and Sloot think they are in the NBA. Fast 3pt shots or pick and rolls.
Neither Quigley or Sloot will ever be on a Championship team, unless as reserves.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Jessica Sheppard played very well too (except she missed some fairly easy close ones) and I can see her feeding high to low with Pheesa very well. Pheesa just has great darting movement to the basket, it should be fun.

and Fowles as the momma bear.

Great situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lov'n my Lynx!!!

It was a treat to see all my Huskies Alum all playing on one court. Chicago look the same as last year. They have line up and defense issues. Build around Gabby and Katie Lou and let the UCONN way be the Guiding light.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I actually looked up the article describing the last practice of training camp and found it very interesting.

First, they describe how they turned around a lackadaisical camp on the last day and how Reeves was very happy with the turnaround, She seems very energized by coaching a young team. Alot like Geno I imagine

Than, the specific Naphessa details
  • Remember all the talk about Napheesa Collier changing her shooting form? It seems like it worked (Before yesterdays game) She’s pulled her shooting elbow way in and her release looks great on her three-ball. Of course she has to translate that to in-game action, but it’s an encouraging sign.
That is some good accurate reporting. :D

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
They had an interview with Fowles at half time on CBSSN. The interviewer asked her about the rookies, and her response was something like, "Training camp has been great. There are no knuckleheads on this team."

Reaction Score
Remember all the talk about Napheesa Collier changing her shooting form? It seems like it worked (Before yesterdays game) She’s pulled her shooting elbow way in and her release looks great on her three-ball. Of course she has to translate that to in-game action, but it’s an encouraging sign.

I guess she needs to get herself a lot better offseason trainer. ;)

Reaction Score
D4651CD9-2FDC-42BE-9D5B-C9BCCE0ADFF6.jpeg

Reaction Score
What do you think happened here? Did KLS flop or did Collier get away with a push-off? It happened right in front of the ref.
DDC6B998-CD5B-4447-AFFA-848BC61B947D.jpeg

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Jessica Sheppard played very well too (except she missed some fairly easy close ones) and I can see her feeding high to low with Pheesa very well. Pheesa just has great darting movement to the basket, it should be fun.

and Fowles as the momma bear.

Great situation.
Well, her misses helped with her rebound totals. Phee though... She's going to be a handful. Bigger forwards she's going take off the dribble and smaller or equal sized ones she's going crush off the block. She's also going run these bigger forwards into the ground late in games. There was one sequence where Phee challenged inside and altered the players shot then ran to the arc to contend the 3 shooter and altered her shot.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Shepard, Minnesota’s second-round pick, had team highs with 13 rebounds and six assists to become the third player in league history to record at least 10 rebounds and five assists in her WNBA debut. Los Angeles’ Candace Parker and current Lynx forward Damiris Dantas are the others.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think that’s the best I’ve ever seen Napheesa shoot from the 3. We coulda used more of that!

Reaction Score
The Chicago game if you were unable to watch it through other options.

That play by play guy is pretty bad... kept confusing the name of the players, even when they are not on the floor.

Reaction Score
i noticed every time a shot goes up (aside from her own shots) she immediately runs back on defense, no offensive rebounding for her i guess. maybe it'll be game by game...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I see that the still used to highlight this video shows an image from an Armorall commercial. Is the young "cave-woman" in that commercial actually one Sue Bird? It sure looks like her, but I didn't know she was doing that sort of thing.

Reaction Score
Five teams screwed themselves by passing on Colier. I'm happy the Lynx got her though. I like coach Reeves and the Lynx. Hopefully Maya returns to them next year in high spirits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom