Collier in Minnesota | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gabby was the only bright spot, but rough game overall for the Sky. Lou hit a couple free throws.

Reaction Score
6BC98D0D-159D-4F8F-8858-DEA951E27D77.jpeg

Reaction Score
She played a lot more in the 1st half but wasn't particularly effective.

She really didn’t play much in the first half either though right, she played a little bit of the first quarter, and maybe like a min or so in the second q, u have someone who is a scorer, they have to find better ways to get her shots, she shot the ball tonight 1 time, but she has to be on the floor to do that, to be fair I knew when they drafted her, playing time for her would be scattered, because of people they already have who technically play that same spot as her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guys. Stop finding photos where Pheesa is scoring over Lou. :oops:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She really didn’t play much in the first half either though right, she played a little bit of the first quarter, and maybe like a min or so in the second q, u have someone who is a scorer, they have to find better ways to get her shots, she shot the ball tonight 1 time, but she has to be on the floor to do that, to be fair I knew when they drafted her, playing time for her would be scattered, because of people they already have who technically play that same spot as her.

She didn't play much in either half according to you but somehow she ended playing 17:31. Go figure.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

The way others were playing the wing position like DD, she should have gotten more time and more importantly, run some damn plays for her. Quigley and Sloot think they are in the NBA. Fast 3pt shots or pick and rolls.

Reaction Score
She didn't play much in either half according to you but somehow she ended playing 17:31. Go figure.

17 mins vs 33 mins by phee is what i mean, pre season Lou played 30 something mins, so i know he can give her more mins, they was getting they ass whipped in the 3rd quarter she was on the bench lol, so yes imo she needed more then 17 mins, and more integrated In the offense, I’m on Twitter now, and quite a few people have said the same thing, that’s all I was saying, not saying 17 isn’t a lot, but the way that game was going she should have been in there more.

Reaction Score
The way others were playing the wing position like DD, she should have gotten more time and more importantly, run some damn plays for her. Quigley and Sloot think they are in the NBA. Fast 3pt shots or pick and rolls.

Exactly my point, there were times in the game they could have gotten her the ball when she was in there, but others were shooting the ball to quick with no ball movement.

Reaction Score
Although I’m tempted to say spectacular debut for Napheesa, she played just like she always does - smooth, steady, efficient, with skill and positive energy. She forces nothing. I also saw multiple occasions where she was in exactly the right spot, and wide open, where teammates didn’t share the ball. She could of easily had another 10 points. What a joy it is to watch her play the game.

Reaction Score
Phee was great, still having free throw problems, but overall great night. Sky defensive scheme seemed almost designed for her to get fouled. But fa e it--Sky were dreadful, little team chemistry. Hard to tell with Lou since Sloot favored whatever side of the court she wasn't on. Since she can hit a three from anywhere on the arc, they need to move her around the perimeter, and instead of repeated low percentage runs to basket, someone might set a screen. Wade needs to rethink lineup and figure out some new plays.

Reaction Score
She played a lot more in the 1st half but wasn't particularly effective.
Sloot didn't go to her side, there was little effort to integrate her in game. Sky have no team chemistry. Time to rethink lineup.

Reaction Score
Phee was great, still having free throw problems, but overall great night. Sky defensive scheme seemed almost designed for her to get fouled. But fa e it--Sky were dreadful, little team chemistry. Hard to tell with Lou since Sloot favored whatever side of the court she wasn't on. Since she can hit a three from anywhere on the arc, they need to move her around the perimeter, and instead of repeated low percentage runs to basket, someone might set a screen. Wade needs to rethink lineup and figure out some new plays.

I was saying this also, like 2 of those starters need to be on the bench, Dolson imo shouldn’t be starting over the other girl Cheyenne, who I think has more offense then Stephanie.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was saying this also, like 2 of those starters need to be on the bench, Dolson imo shouldn’t be starting over the other girl Cheyenne, who I think has more offense then Stephanie.

I hate to admit it but I have to agree. Stephanie's game has regressed from her all star season. :(

Reaction Score
Damn, what a nice game for Collier.

The shots won't always be falling for her the way they did this game. But Collier's motor is always going, and that's going to be an asset for her in the pros even when her shot isn't as good as it was today. Will be interesting to see her rookie ups and downs.

Reaction Score
I am SOOO happy for Pheesa. She’s my 2nd favorite Husky EVER, behind Shea. She’s everything you want your program to represent. And then some!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
17 mins vs 33 mins by phee is what i mean, pre season Lou played 30 something mins, so i know he can give her more mins, they was getting they ass whipped in the 3rd quarter she was on the bench lol, so yes imo she needed more then 17 mins, and more integrated In the offense, I’m on Twitter now, and quite a few people have said the same thing, that’s all I was saying, not saying 17 isn’t a lot, but the way that game was going she should have been in there more.

They're not just going to bench Quigley or Diamond to play Lou 30+ minutes a game on Day 1.

Phee played a ton of minutes in part because Augustus and Christmas-Kelly were out so Minnesota was short on wings. (And because she was playing terrific).

Lou actually played more than Diamond and a similar amount to the other bench guard, Copper.

Chicago is clearly having some growing pains in trying to implement Wade's offensive system. Both preseason games featured poor offensive play and that resurfaced tonight. I would like to see more FGAs for Lou but it's pretty far down my list of the Sky's issues right now.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
They're not just going to bench Quigley or Diamond to play Lou 30+ minutes a game on Day 1.

Phee played a ton of minutes in part because Augustus and Christmas-Kelly were out so Minnesota was short on wings. (And because she was playing terrific).

Lou actually played more than Diamond and a similar amount to the other bench guard, Copper.

Chicago is clearly having some growing pains in trying to implement Wade's offensive system. Both preseason games featured poor offensive play and that resurfaced tonight. I would like to see more FGAs for Lou but it's pretty far down my list of the Sky's issues right now.
[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying play her 30 mins every game, I’m more or less talking about this specific game, I could see if diamond, or the others were doing better, but they were losing at one time by like 27, and she was on the bench, clearly what he had out there wasn’t working, she sat basically all of the 3rd and half of the 4th, I guess my point was this specific game and the way it was going what was the harm and having her in there longer, and running some plays through her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom