College Sports Madness Preseason All-Americans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College Sports Madness Preseason All-Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brionna Jones did more against Uconn than Wilson and Coates combined. SKW should be 1st team before Epps and mitchell IMO. Turner is a good player but not 1st or 2nd team. Has she learned to shoot farther than 5 feet out (brionna jones can). Since this is a preseason list, I say Thank You because you just gave Uconn some bulletin board material. At least 1 or 2 players from Connecticut will be AA when it counts at the end the year!!!
Coates quite in both games against Uconn watch both games no respect for quiters

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
These players All transfers and eligible to play this year will have an impact on not only All-American teams but also the National Championship Picture.
Lexie Brown
Allisha Gray
Kaela Davis
Taya Reimer
Stephanie Mavunga
Chatrice White
Sierra Calhoun
That's a lot of talent. Add Linnae Harper to the list.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Diamond is also playing to be the possible #1 draft pick.
Speaking of disappearing, is it ok to cancel the APB for the lesser Mabrey. She has not been seen since the first half of the UCONN game. Word on your street in Southbend is that another freshmen even took her minutes. Mabrey learned how to disappear from the best Irish players though: There was Skylar in FF in 2013, Jewell in 2014, Turner in first half of 2015. KLS will become a better player because she is at UCONN. Leprechauns that live in glass houses should learn to stop throwing pebbles.
Coco you're getting nasty in your old age. And every word is true. As good a coach and recruiter Muffet is, she hasn't developed a forward to their perceived potential in quite some time, especially Turner. Frankly, I think ND fans are feeling the pressure watching the really good 4's and 5's go elsewhere while The UConn is looking to reboot next year. This year and next year So Car, Baylor, Texas, OSU and Louisville are real threats while ND's remains after last year an honest question mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My grandmother could have a championship ring if she were on the same team with Stewie, Mo, and Tuck.
And yet Mulkey could only win one with Brittney Griner and Sims. Geno has also won championships with far lesser talent. Last year ND lost to a Stanford team with lesser talent. This year I hope you're watching Ms. Friese who with her great recruiting class will show you how easy it is.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My grandmother could have a championship ring if she were on the same team with Stewie, Mo, and Tuck.
Either your Grandma was a really good player (AA caliber) or you are seriously dissing some of Stewie, Mo, and Tuck's teammates:
Kelly Faris?
Kia Nurse?
KML?
Bria Hartley?
Kiah Stokes?
Stefanie Dolson?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Such softballs!.
When wasn't Diamond playing for the #1 draft pick?
Well this is the first time she is going into a season healthy. Also according to Holly in her presser yesterday. Diamond along with Reynolds and Nared. They were the the she said who were leading this team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well this is the first time she is going into a season healthy. Also according to Holly in her presser yesterday. Diamond along with Reynolds and Nared. They were the the she said who were leading this team.
Was there something preventing these same players from leading last year?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Was there something preventing these same players from leading last year?
A quote from Holly.
On Impact Of Last Season's Elite Eight Run
"That's a great question. I think it was a major impact on us. I think you saw us turn the corner. Our leadership stepped up. I think that we saw the outcome of people leading, people listening and playing hard. I think it had a major effect on what we did this summer. It was probably one of the best summers we've had as far as dedicating to get better, doing things as a team and just all-around wanting to improve their game. This fall has been something different that we haven't seen with the togetherness. There's a feel right now with this basketball team, and I can't explain it. I think last year at times, everybody felt a little bit of disconnect. You don't feel a disconnect with this team, and that's a great thing. That starts with great leadership and people buying into the system. I think right now they are doing just that."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Either your Grandma was a really good player (AA caliber) or you are seriously dissing some of Stewie, Mo, and Tuck's teammates:
Kelly Faris?
Kia Nurse?
KML?
Bria Hartley?
Kiah Stokes?
Stefanie Dolson?

nonsense

Then your Grandma must have been quite the player:eek:.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, they went 4 teams deep (20 players) and didn't pick a single player from the Huskies. Unbelievable. LINK

Less controversially, they also picked Muffet McGraw as coach of the year (COY), A'ja Wilson as POY, and Joyner Holmes as FOY.

Now that I've placed down the explosive device, I will move away to a safe distance.

Thank you for your attention...

Muffet for coach of year? Pulleeze!!! She hasn't won a national championship in fifteen years. She's had great teams, but she didn't even make the FF last year. Probably better to give her a lifetime achievement award, perhaps for being a good coach who couldn't win the big one.

And no Napheesa? No KLS (who the second half of the season last year did far more than just jack up threes)? No Gabby Williams? Not one of them among the top twenty players in WBB?

Must be an April Fool's joke...in October!

Reaction Score
You. Cannot. Be. Serious.

Did you actually watch Lou last year? By the end of the year, she was absolutely fantastic on defense. Probably took more charges than anyone else on the team; ferocious defender generally. Fantastic passer with great court vision, actually anticipating where her teammates should be. And terrific on the drive (including one in the National Championship Game where she drove to the hoop with a broken foot). That she took mostly 3s on offense is because that was her job last year.

You and I are not watching the same player.

Bags-----I could not have said it better!! Took the word right out of my finger tips!!
As Geno often says---(this for Katie Lou) it's not where you begin the year --it's where you end the year.
It is NOT an insult to UConn to not have any one single player listed. IT''s WBB "get even' year. If Christine and Geno do their normal motivational thing---this list of NON-UC-Huskies shall be posted on their lockers--and it usually works wonders..
Thank you Bags--Katie Lou needed those nice words... So did I..

Reaction Score
Then your Grandma must have been quite the player:eek:.
Seriously, you missed the walk ons that got rings too. They were fair to midland players but not of the ilk of those you listed.
So Grandma may have been a walk on (have you notice Grand ma's are getting younger and younger).

Reaction Score
Grumpy Old Men The TV Series. Starring Coco and Jordy! Dont worry IM grumpy too.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Muffet for coach of year? Pulleeze!!! She hasn't won a national championship in fifteen years. She's had great teams, but she didn't even make the FF last year. Probably better to give her a lifetime achievement award, perhaps for being a good coach who couldn't win the big one.

OK, I get that you think projecting Muffet as coach of the year is ridiculous (for the reasons you cited), so which candidates are the obvious ones the writer overlooked.

Since the coach has to have won a NC in the last 15 years (one of your criteria), that narrows the field down to the following candidates:

Geno Auriemma
Kim Mulkey
Brenda Frese
Gary Blair

The only one that made the Final Four last season was Geno (another criterion of yours), so I guess we should just nominate him? Making that prediction is appropriate for a UConn fan but probably not the best for a national writer.

While I am a Notre Dame fan and thus am biased, Muffet's selection seems reasonable to me. Her teams have a recent history of making the Final Four (and beyond), her team didn't lose any players to the WNBA, and they only lost 2 games all last year. My guess is that whichever coach wins the NC next season will win coach of the year. That doesn't necessarily happen, but given the perceived parity this season, it's a reasonable assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom