College Sports Madness Preseason All-Americans | The Boneyard

College Sports Madness Preseason All-Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Believe it or not, they went 4 teams deep (20 players) and didn't pick a single player from the Huskies. Unbelievable. LINK

Less controversially, they also picked Muffet McGraw as coach of the year (COY), A'ja Wilson as POY, and Joyner Holmes as FOY.

Now that I've placed down the explosive device, I will move away to a safe distance.

Thank you for your attention...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Believe it or not, they went 4 teams deep (20 players) and didn't pick a single player from the Huskies. Unbelievable. LINK

Less controversially, they also picked Muffet McGraw as coach of the year (COY), A'ja Wilson as POY, and Joyner Holmes as FOY.

Now that I've placed down the explosive device, I will move away to a safe distance.

Sure they picked a player from the Huskies. Kelsey Plum :D

In all seriousness, I think KLS should be somewhere in there. I think she breaks out in a big way this year.

Reaction Score
Sure they picked a player from the Huskies. Kelsey Plum :D

In all seriousness, I think KLS should be somewhere in there. I think she breaks out in a big way this year.
Why? All Americans do more then just shoot jumpers. They play defense and rebound and block shots. and score inside. Especially when your 6 ft 3.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Orangutan, my favorite part was how they included Jordin Canada by classifying her as a G/F. Seems they had too many worthy guards and not enough forwards. Agree that KLS would have been an ideal pick as a G/F (which equals W, right?) Seems that they favored upperclassmen more than warranted. The only sophomore was FOY recipient Kristine Anigwe and that may have been because of the lack of good front court players.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

They picked Kelsey Plum..... from the real Huskies :cool::p:eek::rolleyes:;)

bush.gif

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Muffet, Wilson, and Holmes are reasonable selections, but I think they will be wrong on more than one of those.

On the 1st team, I question Epps.

On the 2nd team, I question Coates.

I'm not sure about Motley or Flaherty on the 4th team.

Lou was a top-20 player for the last third of last season. I expect her to be top 10-15 this year. Don't diss Kiah Nurse. She and Gabbulous will make their case. And Crystal will be one of the best frosh.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Why? All Americans do more then just shoot jumpers. They play defense and rebound and block shots. and score inside. Especially when your 6 ft 3.

As other have noted, she came on strong late last year and I think she'll be even better this year with more coaching and more opportunity. I don't think we are even close to seeing what she is fully capable of.

Reaction Score
You. Cannot. Be. Serious.

Did you actually watch Lou last year? By the end of the year, she was absolutely fantastic on defense. Probably took more charges than anyone else on the team; ferocious defender generally. Fantastic passer with great court vision, actually anticipating where her teammates should be. And terrific on the drive (including one in the National Championship Game where she drove to the hoop with a broken foot). That she took mostly 3s on offense is because that was her job last year.

You and I are not watching the same player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brionna Jones did more against Uconn than Wilson and Coates combined. SKW should be 1st team before Epps and mitchell IMO. Turner is a good player but not 1st or 2nd team. Has she learned to shoot farther than 5 feet out (brionna jones can). Since this is a preseason list, I say Thank You because you just gave Uconn some bulletin board material. At least 1 or 2 players from Connecticut will be AA when it counts at the end of the year!!!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Diamond is also playing to be the possible #1 draft pick.

Reaction Score
You. Cannot. Be. Serious.

Did you actually watch her last year? By the end of the year, she was absolutely fantastic on defense. Probably took more charges than anyone else on the team; ferocious defender generally. Fantastic passer with great court vision, actually anticipating where her teammates should be. And terrific on the drive (including one in the National Championship Game where she drove to the hoop with a broken foot). That she took mostly 3s on offense is because that was her job last year.

You and I are not watching the same player.
Either that or your a bias fan.She was matched up against average players all year. Lets see how she does being the #1 option instead of #5 ? Lets see how she does when she is drawing double teams instead of being left wide open in the corner while the big 3 did all the work? Last year and this year is like night and day. She will go from being guarded and guarding average players to going up against the best each team has to offer. She will have to show leadership and lead instead of being taught. She will have to do some dirty work and play inside against stronger players that play inside for a living when she is use to making her living on the perimeter. Last year she showed up against some of the weak conference opponents but disappeared in some of the big games. Ohio ST 2, Florida ST 0, Maryland 4, South Carolina 2. That cant happen this year. She has a lot of adjustments to make . It will be interesting to see how she handles the pressure. No doubt she can shoot. But can she become a complete player and become a team leader ?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

You are a brave soul my friend. Lol..

*waits for bombs to drop*

Reaction Score
Either that or your a bias fan.She was matched up against average players all year. Lets see how she does being the #1 option instead of #5 ? Lets see how she does when she is drawing double teams instead of being left wide open in the corner while the big 3 did all the work? Last year and this year is like night and day. She will go from being guarded and guarding average players to going up against the best each team has to offer. She will have to show leadership and lead instead of being taught. She will have to do some dirty work and play inside against stronger players that play inside for a living when she is use to making her living on the perimeter. Last year she showed up against some of the weak conference opponents but disappeared in some of the big games. Ohio ST 2, Florida ST 0, Maryland 4, South Carolina 2. That cant happen this year. She has a lot of adjustments to make . It will be interesting to see how she handles the pressure. No doubt she can shoot. But can she become a complete player and become a team leader ?
Here's my response to that: Eyes closed, fingers in ears while humming.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
[ ] Speaking of disappearing, is it ok to cancel the APB for the lesser Mabrey. She has not been seen since the first half of the UCONN game. Word on your street in Southbend is that another freshmen even took her minutes. [ ] Mabrey learned how to disappear from the best Irish players though: There was Skylar in FF in 2013, Jewell in 2014, Turner in first half of 2015. KLS will become a better player because she is at UCONN. Leprechauns [ ] that live in glass houses should learn to stop throwing pebbles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

Sorry but the list of AA's is filled with players who only score. Compare Samuelson & Kelsey Mitchell's per min rebounding & assisting stats last season. And she is hardly a defensive wizard.

Reaction Score
Sorry but the list of AA's is filled with players who only score. Compare Samuelson & Kelsey Mitchell's per min rebounding & assisting stats last season. And she is hardly a defensive wizard.
Your right about Mitchell. But she has done it for 2 years now. If KLS puts up 20 a game this year she will be on the list next year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Your right about Mitchell. But she has done it for 2 years now. If KLS puts up 20 a game this year she will be on the list next year.

You are wrong about Mitchell because you used her name in the same sentence as the word assist-those two don't go together! Never have never will!

Reaction Score
Dont see Epps as 1st team. First, I think KY is going to struggle a lot this year which will hurt her exposure. Secondly, because she will be carrying the team, I'm guessing she will be doing too much, including taking & missing too many shots.

Reaction Score
Epps, and Mitchell are shooters, and lack all around games, that's why neither of their teams went as far as they should have. Both will have to change their games if they want to stick in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
Epps, and Mitchell are shooters, and lack all around games, that's why neither of their teams went as far as they should have. Both will have to change their games if they want to stick in the WNBA.
Yeah Epps first team is a joke. Especially since they lost so much and she has so little around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom